R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-02-2010, 01:16 AM   #826
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpm-parts.com View Post
Don't have a problem with the kit front belt.... It may sound stupid but do you have the front belt above the FR arm mount? It should go below it. Trust me, I had seen few peoples done it before......
It is below

Well there must excist some higher quality ball cups? What i noticed is the material is much softer than f.ex. xray.
Foodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:00 PM   #827
Tech Champion

My customer's car came in today so I took a few minutes to look it over and man am I impressed. This is one slick looking kit. I will be ordering mine this coming Friday and can't wait! I was a bit surprised though to see the spur gear that comes with the car is 48 pitch instead of 64 pitch.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:41 PM   #828
Tech Champion

What's the difference between the blue and black shaft cushions?
Old 10-02-2010, 07:58 PM   #829
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

48p good for parking lot racing where there is sand / small/fine rocks, 64p = carpet racing and prepared / really clean asphalt racing. lot of purple parts on this sakura zero
superspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:23 AM   #830
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

64 pitch is too hard to find in hobby shops over here, though I would like to make the switch myself.
fleetmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:37 AM   #831
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by superspeed View Post
48p good for parking lot racing where there is sand / small/fine rocks, 64p = carpet racing and prepared / really clean asphalt racing. lot of purple parts on this sakura zero
64p works fine even on unprepared parking lot racing. You just have to be make sure to inspect the gear often. I've been running 64p for a long time on parking lot tracks.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:16 PM   #832
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetmaster View Post
How is everyone finding their narrow chassis to be performing ??
A worthy upgrade ???
After using it over the weekend at CC. Its well worth the penny. Both myself and Brad used the lipo chassis and both had great success with the Sakura.

I ran 17.5 whilst he ran 10.5.
I took out second while he took the win in 10.5.

The lipo chassis does make the car turn and rotate alot better than the normal chassis. My laptimes had improved as well from the State titles. There i set the lap record of 14.002, where over the weekend set a new record of 13.730

Only issue i saw with it was the 2g chassis weights wont fit as the holes for them are larger then the old chassis and adding 80g to the chassis is hard when there is minimal room.

Both our cars were on rails and both ran a similar set up. Which again will be posted soon.

Last edited by A Ilievski; 10-04-2010 at 10:57 PM.
A Ilievski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:48 PM   #833
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodie View Post
It is below

Well there must excist some higher quality ball cups? What i noticed is the material is much softer than f.ex. xray.
Ya, don't like the ball ends and the balls as well, think this is the only thing I don't like about this kit. They are way too soft. I changed to tamiya one but think the xray's should be even better.

Oh, another thing I don't like are the drive shaft. As I run 4.5T mod with gear diff they don't last very long. Good thing is they do have option black steel one which seems to last a lot longer. I think they are standard now as my friend just got a new kit and his come with the steel drive shaft already. (not the orginal gold aluminum one my kit came with ;( )
Old 10-05-2010, 07:33 AM   #834
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid TT-01 View Post
After using it over the weekend at CC. Its well worth the penny. Both myself and Brad used the lipo chassis and both had great success with the Sakura.

I ran 17.5 whilst he ran 10.5.
I took out second while he took the win in 10.5.

The lipo chassis does make the car turn and rotate alot better than the normal chassis. My laptimes had improved as well from the State titles. There i set the lap record of 14.002, where over the weekend set a new record of 13.730

Only issue i saw with it was the 2g chassis weights wont fit as the holes for them are larger then the old chassis and adding 80g to the chassis is hard when there is minimal room.

Both our cars were on rails and both ran a similar set up. Which again will be posted soon.
Thanks Alex,

i'll have to shakedown Mr Fisher for one of these then , congrats to you and to Bradd.
I showed him a couple of weeks back, my special rubber tyre gluing technique. Hint - your car can't roll off the set up board when you do this
fleetmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:11 PM   #835
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to kschu

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpm-parts.com View Post
Ya, don't like the ball ends and the balls as well, think this is the only thing I don't like about this kit. They are way too soft. I changed to tamiya one but think the xray's should be even better.

Oh, another thing I don't like are the drive shaft. As I run 4.5T mod with gear diff they don't last very long. Good thing is they do have option black steel one which seems to last a lot longer. I think they are standard now as my friend just got a new kit and his come with the steel drive shaft already. (not the orginal gold aluminum one my kit came with ;( )
i changed my ball stud and ball cup to yokomo...no more problem after that...
Old 10-05-2010, 07:13 PM   #836
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to kschu

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetmaster View Post
64 pitch is too hard to find in hobby shops over here, though I would like to make the switch myself.
i've been using 48p back to 2 years ago....the spur and pinion is more durable and also easy to merge...

never fail me since i switch to 48p...
Old 10-05-2010, 08:47 PM   #837
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi All

A great weekend for the Sakura in OZ.
We had the final round of a state competition, with some extremely close racing accross all 4 rounds with different winners of each.

Alex and i worked together to get a base setup, which ended up being pretty much spot on. I will have to work out how to complete a setup sheet.
The race was indoors on an industrial carpet tile, foam tires were used, but by many reports most people did not need to change their setup from what they normally run outdoors.

The tiles are quite bumpy, and even on foams grip is relatively low. So im looking forward to giving the setup a try outdoors.

In General parts used.
Lipo Chassis
Std top deck proved faster than stiff (though not quite as smooth)
Hard arms
Narrow blocks
4mm rear hexes, 5mm front hexes
tall towers (rear has tamiya shock bodies)
Dual gear diffs (300,000 front oil, 700 shock oil rear)
450 front 400 rear oil 3 hole pistons
HPI Gold front spring, HPI Pink Rear
0.25 under both front blocks (smoothed car out substantially)
No sway bars (as above VERY bumpy with the joins in tiles)
Attached Thumbnails
Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!-cc-2010-small.jpg  

Last edited by Besercoe; 10-05-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Besercoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:32 PM   #838
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
64p works fine even on unprepared parking lot racing. You just have to be make sure to inspect the gear often. I've been running 64p for a long time on parking lot tracks.
Dude, be realistic, 48 pitch is more widely used on pavement.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #839
Tech Champion

That's news to me...pretty much everyone I talk to that runs pavement runs 64 pitch. At our local track only 1 person runs 48 pitch and even when we ran parking lot tracks at least 90% of our drivers ran 64 pitch.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:11 PM   #840
Tech Master

is this touring car going to be distributed here at u.s.?