R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2010, 07:51 AM   #766
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULTRIC View Post
I also run the Sakura in 10.5 on a outdoor asphalt track and the car goes well, optional parts i run are the 3 deg narrow rear block, the narrow chassis, 4mm hexes in the rear and 0.5 front roll center shims.

What are the benefits of this set up you are using when comparing to the normal ones that comes with the kit ?
What are the advantages of the narrow chassis ?

thanks[/QUOTE]

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

testing sakura
__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:32 AM   #767
Tech Regular
 
12scale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 458
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULTRIC View Post
I also run the Sakura in 10.5 on a outdoor asphalt track and the car goes well, optional parts i run are the 3 deg narrow rear block, the narrow chassis, 4mm hexes in the rear and 0.5 front roll center shims.

What are the benefits of this set up you are using when comparing to the normal ones that comes with the kit ?
What are the advantages of the narrow chassis ?

thanks[/QUOTE]

The narrow chassis made the car rotate in the rear off power (i think its because the chassis flexes a bit more than the kit one) so adding the 0.5 shims in the front made me able to throw the car in to corners without spinning the narrow block and the 4mm hexes and the shorter upper rear linkage made the rear stick a bit better.
__________________
Stuart McMillan
Xray T4 2015
Hobbywing/Sanwa/Pro Amps
Adelaide RC Team Mechanic
www.adelaiderc.com.au
12scale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:36 PM   #768
Tech Elite
 
The Teacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 4,846
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Have any of you guys used the narrow blocks in the rear with the gear diff? Did you have any issues with the CVD being too long? Do I have something wrong...?
The Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:50 PM   #769
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Brazil
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Teacher View Post
Have any of you guys used the narrow blocks in the rear with the gear diff? Did you have any issues with the CVD being too long? Do I have something wrong...?
By the way Teacher, my plans are also to use the gear diff......
What are the original pieces that I need to replace for it ?
What are extra pieces I also need to buy when purchasing my kit ?

thanks
__________________
Paulo Trichtl
So Paulo
Brazil
PAULTRIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:36 PM   #770
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Mongville
Posts: 6,980
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Teacher View Post
Have any of you guys used the narrow blocks in the rear with the gear diff? Did you have any issues with the CVD being too long? Do I have something wrong...?
Hiya, i have used Gear Diff with standard axles. Make sure you are using the new wider blades, i think they are not as deep in profile as the original ones.

If you are having issues, you can replace the universal bone with a 44mm Tamiya one.

With the normal 1-2 degree of camber i have not had a problem with the kit 46mm bones.
__________________
12th Scale - The premier class (if you can make runtime)
Besercoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:40 PM   #771
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Mongville
Posts: 6,980
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULTRIC View Post
By the way Teacher, my plans are also to use the gear diff......
What are the original pieces that I need to replace for it ?
What are extra pieces I also need to buy when purchasing my kit ?

thanks

Must haves are narrow blocks, and 4mm hex for the rear.
You dont need to get anything extra when installing the 3r gear diff, its a stright drop in. Though i would suggest using the supplied 37t pulley, as it allows you to set the belt tension much better IMO (you would need to use a 37 pulley in front also)
__________________
12th Scale - The premier class (if you can make runtime)
Besercoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:39 PM   #772
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,186
Default

I'll be ordering mine next month and a customer's one tomorrow...what part numbers do I need for the narrow rear blocks with 3* rear toe?
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:53 AM   #773
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

New motor mount released !
Attached Thumbnails
Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!-1008241327164c01952cd9580c.jpg   Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!-3r-sak-66pk.jpg  
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:30 AM   #774
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
New motor mount released !
Very nice!!!
lucapatrizio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:53 PM   #775
Tech Rookie
 
Cemgsirj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3
Default Another Hi, from brazil...

Hi guys, My name is Luciano and i also have one sakura in Rio de Janeiro, but im running with a 4.5t motor... My perspective about the car is simple, its very strong and competitive chassis, with a lot of upgrades and amazing price of extra parts. With a good setup its better them others chassis od his class, here in Rio, we have a lot of t2 and t3 of xray. But im realy very satisfied with the 3racing car. Any others tips, folks, let us know.

Regards, Luciano.
Cemgsirj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:27 PM   #776
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Brazil
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemgsirj View Post
Hi guys, My name is Luciano and i also have one sakura in Rio de Janeiro, but im running with a 4.5t motor... My perspective about the car is simple, its very strong and competitive chassis, with a lot of upgrades and amazing price of extra parts. With a good setup its better them others chassis od his class, here in Rio, we have a lot of t2 and t3 of xray. But im realy very satisfied with the 3racing car. Any others tips, folks, let us know.

Regards, Luciano.
Luciano,

let me have your msn !
I'm from Sao Paulo and will buy a Sakura very soon !
Lets talk !

thanks
__________________
Paulo Trichtl
So Paulo
Brazil
PAULTRIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:38 PM   #777
Tech Elite
 
RCknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,273
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Nice designed part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
New motor mount released !
Most creative I've seen yet and better screw mounts!
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:31 PM   #778
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULTRIC View Post
Luciano,

let me have your msn !
I'm from Sao Paulo and will buy a Sakura very soon !
Lets talk !

thanks
add me dude

[email protected]

__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:07 PM   #779
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Posts: 109
Default Damper quality

Just wana know if sakura's dampers are good as Tamiya or HPi/Hot Bodies.
Can you share expirience? Are shock shaft and pistons same as Tamiya/HPi-HB?
Thanks
tomislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:10 PM   #780
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomislav View Post
Just wana know if sakura's dampers are good as Tamiya or HPi/Hot Bodies.
Can you share expirience? Are shock shaft and pistons same as Tamiya/HPi-HB?
Thanks
i would suggest u to change to tamiya shock body, tamiya piston and tamiya shock shaft....then it'll smooth like butter but u need to change the shock tower to the taller one too...

__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adelaide Electric Radio Control Car Club Inc penmark67 Australian Racing 6824 07-10-2014 05:51 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:56 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net