R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-17-2010, 06:38 AM   #496
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-man View Post
This car is great in many aspects. Hwoever the real pain of this car is getting the right spring rates of your liking. Right now the short tammy springs is not cutting it for me or at least for my taste. To make you feel really frustrated is that you know that the pile of Hara springs in the pit box will definately fix it, BUT they are too long.

Few of my buddies already commented that it is very odd to design a car that does not allow the use of pupular or normal length TC springs. 3R really need to fix this problem real quick.

I've already pulled out a 3mm carbon fiber sheet last night and seriously considering fabricating taller shock towers to fix this problem.
Old man, have you email 3racing customer service for the springs replacement. They will send it for free. Mine just arrived, the package includes a set of black springs and a set of aluminum 1mm offset retainers.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:43 AM   #497
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
I dont have any droop shortage at the rear, my car is handling fine with it.

You can add 0.3mm on the screws (sandwiched between the upper bulkhead cover and the lower bulkhead) this will free up the diffs. Just like Jilles did to his TRF on the video (he was using 0.1 mm though)

Ball heads connectors: check that you are not screwing in too much of the thread in to the plastic ball cup. Mine are free except for the stabiliser ball connectors, so I found out by unscrewing it a bit will free those ball connectors. Everything is fine now.

Thanks for the help, but, the 0.3 shims are already placed. It's the play from "driveshaft to driveshaft" that's less then zero. I've tried switching the ballbearing holders, tried changing the position. But it just looks that the blukheads are "to close" to each other.

For the rear droop, wich hole are you using on your susp arm? I'm using most outer, and this will decreas droop, but........ ??

The Ball end's. Nope I use Titanium's of 3Racing, and still have zero camber roundabout (car is nog finished yet ;-) so, need to adjust) I think this is a "wear" thing. Needs to be driven free or something???

Best Regards

Robert
Old 05-17-2010, 10:50 AM   #498
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Arrived new parts !
Attached Thumbnails
Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!-3r-sak-29.jpg  
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:35 PM   #499
Tech Rookie

Default gen

hi all
the car seems to loosen up when its run for for a couple off mins seems to produce a lot of slack very quickly to be honest but they all do

i have the 0.2mm shim on the spur pully to stop the play and shimed the front and rear shock mounts as well to free up the drivetrain
also took some off tension off the front belt as advised worked well tnx

what I can advise is to try an get ya hands on some team magic springs (silver) front and and rear seem to work great just the right height as well :0)
also got 3 deg rear toe block on seemed to help keep the rear much more stable
im yet really to push the car for five mins due the the bloody English weather but it feels very nice what i have done

also seen the new front shock tower on 3racing web site please to say
the people at 3 don't mess about when they get input from people
respect to 3racing for the work there doing updating the car to inputs there getting
ROLL ON A SUNNY SUNDAY COME ON WEATHER
tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:38 PM   #500
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourer View Post
hi all
the car seems to loosen up when its run for for a couple off mins seems to produce a lot of slack very quickly to be honest but they all do

i have the 0.2mm shim on the spur pully to stop the play and shimed the front and rear shock mounts as well to free up the drivetrain
also took some off tension off the front belt as advised worked well tnx

what I can advise is to try an get ya hands on some team magic springs (silver) front and and rear seem to work great just the right height as well :0)
also got 3 deg rear toe block on seemed to help keep the rear much more stable
im yet really to push the car for five mins due the the bloody English weather but it feels very nice what i have done

also seen the new front shock tower on 3racing web site please to say
the people at 3 don't mess about when they get input from people
respect to 3racing for the work there doing updating the car to inputs there getting
ROLL ON A SUNNY SUNDAY COME ON WEATHER
I'VE not noticed any issues with the diff feeling tigh or rear droop using hudy blocks i can get 3 rear 4 front which i believe will be plenty
Old 05-17-2010, 02:44 PM   #501
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

to the person that also bought there cars from abe racing have u received the setup board yet?????[/QUOTE]

Hey tourer i havent got a set up board yet, good you got your car fixed, where did you get your magic springs from ?
Andy p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:28 PM   #502
Tech Rookie

Default springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy p View Post
to the person that also bought there cars from abe racing have u received the setup board yet?????
Hey tourer i haven't got a set up board yet, good you got your car fixed, where did you get your magic springs from ?[/QUOTE]

hi Andy
yeah same mate not sure if its 3racing or abe that's making us wait :0( but sure there turn up in the end
as for the springs funny enough i was just looking on line
think my friends set were from the older e4 team magic touring car
seems they have a new one out as well so not positive that the new model are same but i've had a good look and there are no mention off new springs anywhere however can't get a confermation off size at min
will try to confirm asap and let ya know
Old 05-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #503
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Is this car in the same class as the 1/12's like fujin 211go?
Krafcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:55 PM   #504
Tech Regular

Has anyone been able to build the car properly without having to shim the upper bulkheads?
Old 05-17-2010, 05:12 PM   #505
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krafcik View Post
Is this car in the same class as the 1/12's like fujin 211go?
No its a 1/10th scale like the other high performance kits.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:14 PM   #506
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqgti View Post
Has anyone been able to build the car properly without having to shim the upper bulkheads?
I shimmed mine so does with my TRF416X (0.1mm like Jilles did in his video) so I think its a normal thing to do to free up the drive train.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:54 PM   #507
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqgti View Post
I didnt want to mess with shims, so i took to the bottom of the upper bulkheads with a dremel stone, removed the anodizing, enough to allow the bearing carriers to float slightly in their position.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:22 PM   #508
Tech Regular

Quote:
I shimmed mine so does with my TRF416X (0.1mm like Jilles did in his video) so I think its a normal thing to do to free up the drive train.
I haven't had to do that to any TRF cars or any chassis that has the same style upper bulkhead design. I just don't want to have to use shims because they get lost fairly easily. I ran out of .2 and .3 shims so I had to use a bunch of .1s - even easier to lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besercoe View Post
I didnt want to mess with shims, so i took to the bottom of the upper bulkheads with a dremel stone, removed the anodizing, enough to allow the bearing carriers to float slightly in their position.
I might have to give that a go tonight.

Thanks guys!
Old 05-17-2010, 06:23 PM   #509
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Old man, have you email 3racing customer service for the springs replacement. They will send it for free. Mine just arrived, the package includes a set of black springs and a set of aluminum 1mm offset retainers.
dameetz,

Yes I have wrote to them and mine is in the post. I surely do hope that the springs the 3R will work for me.
old-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:53 AM   #510
Tech Apprentice

@dameetz
handling wise how does it feels running sakura zero kit compare to trf416x on asphalt ?

Quote:
leonardiw is offline   Reply With Quote