R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-04-2010, 09:57 AM   #211
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
I was told by the Sakura Zero team (Ethel) during TITC that all those who preorder the kit will get a Set up board for FREE. I ask her where can I preorder it from, she said through their website....but I haven't see any preorder offer yet. I was actually insisting to buy the display kit but she won't let me and ask me to wait around April, I want to race this kit for FEMCA race this May.
Do they have the balancing setup.
I saw it on the website that the car was hanging in a balancing thing. This way you could see if the left and the right were the same.
I want it.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:17 AM   #212
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
Do they have the balancing setup.
I saw it on the website that the car was hanging in a balancing thing. This way you could see if the left and the right were the same.
I want it.
I saw that too but its not included free with preorder she said. The balancing set up is very innovative, it even has a balancing bubble ( the one with yellow fluorescent liquid) attached to the car so you can balance it precisely. And you can play around with the 'Carbon Look' weights (batt side) to set the balance. However the Balance Set up looks like it will only work with Sakura Zero cars only, coz the mounting/pivoting shaft for balancing is already designed on the shock towers, not that you can't make it to another car but you have to make it precisely in the middle.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:21 AM   #213
Tech Master

Quote:
I saw that too but its not included free with preorder she said. The balancing set up is very innovative, it even has a balancing bubble ( the one with yellow fluorescent liquid) attached to the car so you can balance it precisely. And you can play around with the 'Carbon Look' weights (batt side) to set the balance. However the Balance Set up looks like it will only work with Sakura Zero cars only, coz the mounting/pivoting shaft for balancing is already designed on the shock towers, not that you can't make it to another car but you have to make it precisely in the middle.
My car has already holes there to do some same kind of thing but there is now other setup thing for it jet so I hoped that that would be available.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:12 PM   #214
Tech Rookie

Must say this chassi is a bit tempting.. Looking for a new tourer and sneaking on the TM E4RS... but i think i will wait for some prices on the Sakura!.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:40 PM   #215
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Old 03-05-2010, 02:46 PM   #216
Tech Rookie

I think it is looking super so far! what do you others think?. Really hope the price will do this car justice now...because thats the only chance 3R will have to compete with the "big brands" right now.

And I for sure would love to give the "big brands" som f**kin headache

Well, send me the chassis now!
Old 03-05-2010, 04:03 PM   #217
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

hot. stuff.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:33 PM   #218
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Looks like there were serious clearance issues between the suspension block and the tie-rod...
94eg! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:32 PM   #219
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

preorder available now http://os.3racing.hk/articles.php?articles_key=74

$399US with free graphite setup board valued at $90US

stuff for sale associated 12r5 $175, team magic 1/10 pit bag $40, top racing pit bag $30, KO helios with spektrum module and 3 receivers $200, CEN CT5 $100 all are plus post
dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:43 AM   #220
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Very nice looking car!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:20 PM   #221
Tech Champion

I had my first proper club race with the sakura on friday night after returning from the TITC. With only a few small tweaks the car was going great, on track it felt like it was understeering, but surprisingly after the run i was just off track record, with a few tweaks to gain steering on the small indoor track i managed to break the lap record by 3/10 and reduce the race record by about 6 seconds. The car is just so smooth, and with bulk rear traction it inspires u to push it harder and harder into ther corners, and allows you to get on the gas early exiting the corner.

I cant wait to try a few more things with the car to see how much i can get out of it.

FYI my car has the 2.5mm chassis on it, due to the bulk traction and temperature in thailand, the std chassis gave it some more corner speed but made it a little more inconsistent for my style.

That preorder price is not bad, but as 3Racing would not want to undercut their resellers, i can see some much better pricing coming from a reseller. Also those carbon setup boards are awesome, not only bling but ultra light.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:33 PM   #222
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besercoe View Post
I had my first proper club race with the sakura on friday night after returning from the TITC. With only a few small tweaks the car was going great, on track it felt like it was understeering, but surprisingly after the run i was just off track record, with a few tweaks to gain steering on the small indoor track i managed to break the lap record by 3/10 and reduce the race record by about 6 seconds. The car is just so smooth, and with bulk rear traction it inspires u to push it harder and harder into ther corners, and allows you to get on the gas early exiting the corner.

I cant wait to try a few more things with the car to see how much i can get out of it.

FYI my car has the 2.5mm chassis on it, due to the bulk traction and temperature in thailand, the std chassis gave it some more corner speed but made it a little more inconsistent for my style.

That preorder price is not bad, but as 3Racing would not want to undercut their resellers, i can see some much better pricing coming from a reseller. Also those carbon setup boards are awesome, not only bling but ultra light.
Brad, which class was that? Mod or stock? During TITC were you in Mod class too? I think I was in the same group as you were in either one of the class. I m definately going to get the Sakura Zero, for the FEMCA race.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:37 AM   #223
Tech Champion

Quote:
Brad, which class was that? Mod or stock? During TITC were you in Mod class too? I think I was in the same group as you were in either one of the class. I m definately going to get the Sakura Zero, for the FEMCA race.
Hey bud, i was running my T3 in Mod and the Sakura in BL class at TITC, having only just received the Sakura a week before TITC. I should have asked for one for each class

Locally here there is very little mod racing, so i was racing our mid level class being 10.5t, i think i have found out what i had monged up with the speedie settings at TITC, so i had better power, but on our small indoor track power is less important than handling and agility.

Good luck with the FEMCA race, i have made some suggestions for changes to be made to the production kits, which will make a good car even better.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:03 AM   #224
Tech Master

hey brad
do u know if or who will be providing any support for these in oz ????

graham
Old 03-07-2010, 02:08 AM   #225
Tech Elite

...edited///
cheapskate.brok is offline   Reply With Quote