Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC >

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Old 09-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Inner Wheel

Hi Paul, My inner wheel is coming up when I am exiting the turn . Any suggestion what I can do? Running Losi 37 weight oil front and back with hpi gold, silver springs. Droop is 6 and 5 on a droop gauge.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Paul thought I would throw this question on your thread.

Given the T2R has a top plate that is not countersunk allowing the car to tweak as you drive it, would you:
A) countersink the T2R top plate
B) replace the T2R top plate with a carbon fiber T2008 top plate that is already countersunk.

I ask as I assume the carbon fiber top plate would be slightly stiffer than the T2R top plate and maybe weighs less?

Maybe there are other T2R pilots that follow your thread.

In any case, thanks, Keith.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hi paul,

do you usually run the same oil in your shocks front to rear? Or do you normally have a bit of a difference? If so how much would you say is normal?

ben
Old 09-26-2010, 05:37 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by King of B Main
Hi Paul, My inner wheel is coming up when I am exiting the turn . Any suggestion what I can do? Running Losi 37 weight oil front and back with hpi gold, silver springs. Droop is 6 and 5 on a droop gauge.
What front camber link are you using and how high is the bite where you run?

Originally Posted by kghills
Paul thought I would throw this question on your thread.

Given the T2R has a top plate that is not countersunk allowing the car to tweak as you drive it, would you:
A) countersink the T2R top plate
B) replace the T2R top plate with a carbon fiber T2008 top plate that is already countersunk.

I ask as I assume the carbon fiber top plate would be slightly stiffer than the T2R top plate and maybe weighs less?

Maybe there are other T2R pilots that follow your thread.

In any case, thanks, Keith.
Hi Kieth, I would first try to countersink the T2R top deck. i think if you can do that it would work better. the 008 deck is not countersunk iether, i am wondeing about the "Gap" which you told me about between the ends of the deck and the aluminum which it normally butts up against is the problem.

I would first countersink the stock deck and see what happens.

Originally Posted by Cribbin
hi paul,

do you usually run the same oil in your shocks front to rear? Or do you normally have a bit of a difference? If so how much would you say is normal?

ben
Hi Ben, lately i have been using a around a 200cst split. i use 3 hole pistons always and start around 450R and 650F.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Default camberlinks.

I am running L1 and L2 front camberlinks with the High position.....Bite is High, westcoast raceway.

Last edited by King of B Main; 09-27-2010 at 09:19 AM.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thanks paul
Old 09-28-2010, 06:34 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by King of B Main
I am running L1 and L2 front camberlinks with the High position.....Bite is High, westcoast raceway.
I have had that happen on really high bite serfaces (west coast) when my front camber link is too long. maybe try the standard 09 front camber link mounts. I will be their on thursday, so i can check out the car in person.

Originally Posted by Cribbin
thanks paul
No prob!.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Forgive me guys if this is one of those questions that gets asked over and over again, but Paul what kind of input do you have in the development of the new car? Do your mods find their way back to the production run? Or is it simply a matter of feed back?
Old 09-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Forgive me guys if this is one of those questions that gets asked over and over again, but Paul what kind of input do you have in the development of the new car? Do your mods find their way back to the production run? Or is it simply a matter of feed back?
Normally by the time i get new stuff to test it has already been evaluated by XRAY, so i do have some input but for the most part the design is already picked out. Its really hard to do testing these days because now days TC is like splitting hairs, if i test something with my Package (electronics) and they do the same test with theirs, the results can and likely will be different, let alone different tracks, tires, body, wing etc,etc.
the difference in weight between servos alone can be 10G and that is big in handling. just 2% different weight distribution changes the intire set up.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
Normally by the time i get new stuff to test it has already been evaluated by XRAY, so i do have some input but for the most part the design is already picked out. Its really hard to do testing these days because now days TC is like splitting hairs, if i test something with my Package (electronics) and they do the same test with theirs, the results can and likely will be different, let alone different tracks, tires, body, wing etc,etc.
the difference in weight between servos alone can be 10G and that is big in handling. just 2% different weight distribution changes the intire set up.
Paul what electronics do you run now? and what did you run on your 009 rubber car?
Old 09-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
That is incredible and its also the reason that I am not even a decent club racer. Let alone pro.

Is this why certain A-list racers perform like gods under certain conditions, but at other events can't seem to find their groove? Is the differrence between spot on and way off that finite?
Old 10-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Paul, I am working on set up as usual and have been blending some of your set up's with Alex Hagbergs worlds and input from some local mod racers. This set up is great on medium traction with great tyre wear but sometimes our track doesn't quite make it to that level where I am finding the rear over rotating a bit. how would you remedy this? I am thinking of changing back to 2 hole rear hubs with a long link and going back to the L roll adjusters and a mm less shim.

Set up is here. http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...=1801&setup=t3

thoughts appreciated as always. Benzaah
Old 10-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Hey Paul. Jason ran at Trackside for the SNF start this weekend. Over 120 entries. Podiumed in 4 of the 5 classes he ran.

Was able to pick up the 4pks. It seems to be very nice. I think it will make a difference. I have two models programed in already. Only like 15 more to go. Takes a little time to set up but I think once everything is in it will be very cool. Scotty gave Jason a little talk about taking care of it and he knows you use the same one so I think he feels it is special and will take care of it.

Thanks again for the guidance, Keith and Jason.

PS Tell Jim that the new 65C rated TP 2S rocks in the Jammin SCRT10 4x4 SCT
Old 10-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Just a post to say "thanks" to a class guy. I got the chance to see the Xray team at the KO Propo race this past weekend at WCRC in SoCal. Paul and Steve were both VERY nice in answering any question or even helping diagnose problems with other racers cars ---Xray or not!! VERY NICE guys--- and very FAST too!!! Paul especially was very approachable and helpful with any questions. Thank you! And a well deserved win in the 1/10 open class!!
Xray is lucky to have you guys!!!
T
Old 10-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Paul YGPM. Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.