Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC >

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Old 11-22-2012, 08:51 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by oldrcr
as evidenced here in this picture of Jake at the TZGP, the Sasquatch can be found in the PNW. If you look hard you can see it just to his right. and as you can see, this was not the only time we saw it, you'll see it again to Keven's right as well. pretty scary.

Anyway Paul, we missed seeing you at TimeZone this year, but you had a good excuse.
With you guys I'm sure I missed a good time.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:51 AM
Gravity RC

Happy thanksgiving everyone!
Old 11-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Happy Thanksgiving Paul!

I was curious, I usually run 700-1000 cst for my rear gear diff on carpet and 2000 cst for asphalt. Have you ever run either of these for opposite types of tracks? If so how was the results? Thank You
Old 11-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Tekin Prodigy
Happy Thanksgiving Paul!

I was curious, I usually run 700-1000 cst for my rear gear diff on carpet and 2000 cst for asphalt. Have you ever run either of these for opposite types of tracks? If so how was the results? Thank You
Hi. Yes, I have run 1,000, 1,500, 2,000 on both asphalt and carpet.
In general for any serface I use light rear diff oil for low traction and go thicker when the traction gets higher. The thickest I have ever run is 3k on carpet when the bite was Super high. But for me Their is no rule of thumb to asphalt or carpet, it's more a rule of thumb as to how much grip their is. 2k seems to be most common overall.

Thanks!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Paul,

Got some of your tires, soft med and hard in fronts and rears,

What tires do you recommend for stock? Usually our track runs a black yellow

And also for mod, pink pink.. I've been playing around and the combos I have used have been great but wanted to get your take on it
Old 11-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
Paul,

Got some of your tires, soft med and hard in fronts and rears,

What tires do you recommend for stock? Usually our track runs a black yellow

And also for mod, pink pink.. I've been playing around and the combos I have used have been great but wanted to get your take on it

Hi. Glad that you like them so far. I don't offer anything in the Black/yellow family of foam. Personally I think the more traction the better, even for stock. But with more traction it could become harder to set the car up free.
I would try med front soft rear for starters. After that One thing that I have seen done is running the rear tires 2-3mms more narrow. for stock I could see that being a option.

Thanks!
Paul
Old 11-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Paul L
Hi. Glad that you like them so far. I don't offer anything in the Black/yellow family of foam. Personally I think the more traction the better, even for stock. But with more traction it could become harder to set the car up free.
I would try med front soft rear for starters. After that One thing that I have seen done is running the rear tires 2-3mms more narrow. for stock I could see that being a option.

Thanks!
Paul
That's the combo I have been running, ran on a paragon track last Saturday and ran med fronts and medium rears and it was really racy, going to go to a large jack track next Saturday and will give the same combo a try, i will try narrowing the rear too, I will let you know how it goes, love the tires tho! Excellent job
Old 11-27-2012, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Paul, when you travel to big races/events around the world do you take your pillow and blanky with you to help you get a good night sleep?
Old 11-27-2012, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
Paul, when you travel to big races/events around the world do you take your pillow and blanky with you to help you get a good night sleep?
What for? he sleeps in his pit somehow with music blasting and some kids beating up on this older kid playing Forza.

Btw Paul I couldn't find the form for your RC Camp I told Brock I would sign up with him.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Tech Addict

Default xray t2 09 for vta

looking for a good all around setup for carpet. stock 25.5 class thanks for any info
Old 11-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

That's the combo I have been running, ran on a paragon track last Saturday and ran med fronts and medium rears and it was really racy, going to go to a large jack track next Saturday and will give the same combo a try, i will try narrowing the rear too, I will let you know how it goes, love the tires tho! Excellent job
Be sure to report back with your thoughts/results from the Jack race. I've been running the G's for a while on a paragon track as well, and usually run the S/M combo. When grip comes up though the M/M really works well. S/S has been working well for me in mod if that helps too. Glad to hear from another happy Gravity user.

Last edited by andrewdoherty; 11-27-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

I'm actually gonna run some packs through my mod car too, I will give the s/s a try, our track has some killer bite around main time
Old 11-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Gravity RC

Great,thanks for trying them out. Glad to hear some feedback!. let me know how it goes.

Originally Posted by Kraig
by pillow and blanket i assume you are talking about my Woobie and snugsnug, yes i bring them everywhere, lol

Originally Posted by NolanP
What for? he sleeps in his pit somehow with music blasting and some kids beating up on this older kid playing Forza.

Btw Paul I couldn't find the form for your RC Camp I told Brock I would sign up with him.
also true. LOL

Originally Posted by bigtee
looking for a good all around setup for carpet. stock 25.5 class thanks for any info
Hi Here is a link to the set up from last weekend, it really worked well. hope you like it! Thanks http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...ID=64&setup=t4

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Be sure to report back with your thoughts/results from the Jack race. I've been running the G's for a while on a paragon track as well, and usually run the S/M combo. When grip comes up though the M/M really works well. S/S has been working well for me in mod if that helps too. Glad to hear from another happy Gravity user.
Thanks Andrew

I'm actually gonna run some packs through my mod car too, I will give the s/s a try, our track has some killer bite around main time
I normally use S,S in mod but M,M works also and tire wear will obviously be better. i would try with the recomended " high bite" size from the instructions. if the bite is that huge you may have to go to the "super high traction" size to get the car to handle best.

thanks again.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

Default xray set up

Hello Paul that link that you suggested too me is that a tc setup or vta. Thanks
Old 11-28-2012, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Hi Paul, great job at the worlds...

Quick question, do you know which of the RX8 black springs are the same / similar to the red / pepto springs that are on most setups for the NT1??

Thanks,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.