Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerz616
Hey Mackey. Is it the blue or green HT rotor. Last night I was running the green 12.5 HT and I actually ran a really high fdr at 4.31 (100/44). I was keeping up on the straight with everyone and had great rip on the infield I turned the timing down to 25* and came off at 115. I bumped up to 37* and came off at 145. Like AWD said try running 100/47.
I wish I remembered, it's the largest legal one as I recall. I think somewhere between my gearing and yours would be a very happy medium for me. I tend to prefer less torque initially as it enables me to be heavier on the throttle(not that I should be)
Old 07-28-2012, 02:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey Paul, what amp do you charge your batteries at? (i assume your using reedy or thunder power 6500)
Old 07-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Tech Addict

Great job Paul, this time luck wasn't there for you. Winning Bmain at this level is not an easy task and you did it from back to back.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:16 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
Hi Paul,

I got so use to seeing you at all the big nitro races I forgot about your thread. Haven't seen you this year and I'm guessing it's because of your hectic world traveling schedule. Anywho, I'm rooting for you at the Worlds. I hope that race is as good to you as the pre-worlds was.
Hi Dorian, yea i have not done a lot of nitro this year. ill get back out their soon and ill be seeing ya!

Originally Posted by liteweight
Hi Paul I have the thunderpower 65C, Do you discharge your lipo after race or before charging if so what are your setting for discharge?
Thanks and good luck for upcoming race.
Hi, I do not discharge my lipos, I would suggest balance charging them every few charges to keep the cells close in voltage. when i store my battery's i will charge them to 3.8 to 4,0 volts per cell.

Thanks

Originally Posted by B00t13g
I'm running a thunderpower 17.5 with the high torque rotor 30 degrees of timing and 3.88fdr on a t3 12 and I am coming off the track at 190 after 6 minutes? Is that normal? This is at mikes hobby shop. 90 foot straight max.
andrewdoherty
I hope you don't mind me answering; I know Paul is at the Worlds...
That temp sounds about right at our track, especially if you're running with a low power fan, or no fan. I would definitely try to get the temps under 180* to keep the motor working at its best however. I would suggest going up to near a 4.0. Driven correctly, I don't think it will give up any time on the clock. [/QUOTE]

Thanks Andrew!

Originally Posted by narcotiks
Hey Paul, what amp do you charge your batteries at? (i assume your using reedy or thunder power 6500)
HI, I charge at 5 amps still, You can go higher if you want but i feel no need. technically the book would tell you to charge a 6500mhr pack at 6.5 amps.
Thanks

Originally Posted by jorgesimes
Great job Paul, this time luck wasn't there for you. Winning Bmain at this level is not an easy task and you did it from back to back.
Hi George. Thanks! It was a hard week for sure, I was pretty fast but not fast enough to control my own destiny in this type of race format. so it was what it was
Old 07-30-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Charger

Do you know if Thunder Power is working on any new ac/dc chargers? Thanks
Old 07-30-2012, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

I can not get lock to lock steering on my t3 12, any tips?
Old 07-31-2012, 04:36 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by haywood
Do you know if Thunder Power is working on any new ac/dc chargers? Thanks
Hi. I don't think so right now, but its possible that i would not know if they were.
Thanks

Try these steps and i would think that you would find it along the way. First make sure that your dual rate and EPA are turned up all the way on your radio.

Secondly: set up the linkage properly by using these steps. set your steering trim and steering sub trim both at 0 on the transmitter, Then set your servo horn or servo saver as vertical as possible on to the servo, now adjust your sub trim to make the servo horn perfectly vertical. Now hook up your drag link that connects the servo to the steering bell crank set up, Now adjust your drag link so that the bell cranks are centered when the servo horn is vertical. Now adjust your steering turnbuckle's so the tires are straight as is the bell crank and the servo horn. Lastly check your work by measuring the steering tie rods and they should be close in length.

And obviously check things over to make sure that nothing is binding or hitting something to stop the throw.

I think 99% you should find it, But If you follow this to a T and your car still does not have full throw it is then because you are using a shorter or smaller servo horn or servo saver then recommended, or you have a problem with your transmitter or servo it self.

hope this helps.

Paul
Old 07-31-2012, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Chris and I saw this car in person yesterday and were baffled. We did just as you have described yesterday and it was not even close. A good 2 mm off the c-hub with vertical ss, centered wheels and bellcranks, and maxed out travel and EPA. Funny enough he's running a 4pk. His subtrim was about 35, but it seems the trim increments are pretty small, and it didn't effect the throw enough even when we set it back to zero. I am leaning towards the issue being the servo; a Savox 1251 I think. If we can't get it sorted with another servo, I will be coming back here to get a refund!

Glad to have you back stateside safe and sound. Happy to see that positive outlook didn't let you down at MACH, regardless of destiny and bad luck.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hey Paul, Are you coming down to Leisure Hours before the Nationals at all?
Old 07-31-2012, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

The issue turned out to be the savox servo. I replaced it with a ko and problem solved! Thank you for your help!
Old 07-31-2012, 02:55 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Troy Carter
Hey Paul, Are you coming down to Leisure Hours before the Nationals at all?
I will be their this weekend, my family is out of town so i will be learking around all weekend

The issue turned out to be the savox servo. I replaced it with a ko and problem solved! Thank you for your help!

No problem, Glad you got it figured out!
Old 07-31-2012, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Paul,
before you guys started working with the new car, did you have a chance to use the first "center" servo mount for the t3'12? Did you have any problems with it moving and if so did you find a solution? I tried it and it kept moving on me so i went back to stock mounting but am going to try the mount again with some different screws. Any help would be great! -Randy
Old 08-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
Paul,
before you guys started working with the new car, did you have a chance to use the first "center" servo mount for the t3'12? Did you have any problems with it moving and if so did you find a solution? I tried it and it kept moving on me so i went back to stock mounting but am going to try the mount again with some different screws. Any help would be great! -Randy
Hi Randy, I did use the servo mount on the old car. with a servo saver it worked fine with just screwing the servo on with the tabs. with a solid servo horn the servo will move on the screws under impact. so with a solid servo horn i also servo taped the servo to the upper graphite piece and screwed it in by the ears. That seemed to cure it for me. Hope that helps!
Old 08-01-2012, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default xray challenge

What up Paul !

You coming out to the Xray challenge in cali??
Old 08-01-2012, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Hey Paul, are you drag racing tonight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.