R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #706
Tech Master
 
miller tyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,712
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Hi, sorry i didnt make it. i hope the race went great!
Yeah, Hebert and Henderson said you'd be scared ...................jk

Race was awesome a full field of Mod T/C and small but quality field in Mod 1/12......next race in series back to the Gate
__________________
Ken Miller
RCTarget - Capricorn - Pro Level RC - MAX Power - Maxima Fuel - EA Motorsorts - TQ Wire

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:25 PM   #707
Tech Elite
 
peter_robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Lake
Posts: 3,206
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Paul, do you use the CVD or ECS in the front?
__________________
For orders or inquiries, email [email protected] Follow RC-Trim on Twitter and Facebook

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:41 PM   #708
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,997
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson View Post
Paul, do you use the CVD or ECS in the front?
The ESC goes in the middle somewhere....LOL
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:18 PM   #709
Tech Fanatic
 
jgraham37128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 801
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default qustion

Paul, when is the shock building video going to post?

My car seems to unload the rear when pushing it hard into a corner, if I go through it smooth no problem but if I over shoot and have to correct is wants to oversteer. What would you do to fix it? It's like it wants to roll over more than it needs to.

JG
jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:06 AM   #710
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller tyme View Post
Yeah, Hebert and Henderson said you'd be scared ...................jk

Race was awesome a full field of Mod T/C and small but quality field in Mod 1/12......next race in series back to the Gate
cool, thanks for the update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson View Post
Paul, do you use the CVD or ECS in the front?
I use ECS shafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
Paul, when is the shock building video going to post?

My car seems to unload the rear when pushing it hard into a corner, if I go through it smooth no problem but if I over shoot and have to correct is wants to oversteer. What would you do to fix it? It's like it wants to roll over more than it needs to.

JG
Hi. I dont know when the Video will be posted, sorry.
I would start by trying the wide hexs in the front and narrow ones in the rear. I would then look at my set up from Cleveland and see what the other major differences are. for me that set up did a good job of rolling evenly.

Thanks
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:26 AM   #711
Tech Elite
 
peter_robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Lake
Posts: 3,206
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post



I use ECS shafts


I figured... just didn't know, Thanks.
__________________
For orders or inquiries, email [email protected] Follow RC-Trim on Twitter and Facebook

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:12 PM   #712
Tech Fanatic
 
jgraham37128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 801
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default balance

Paul, I need to add 17 grams of weight to my car. I've already added 17 grams to the center of the car, but need 17 more in order to get to the 1400 grams. The car is balanced front to rear almost perfect right now on the scales. Where would you add the weight? front or rear or would you move things around and keep the weight in the center as best as you could?


What's the weight front to rear ratio on your car?

Thanks,
JG
jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:32 PM   #713
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,236
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
Paul, I need to add 17 grams of weight to my car. I've already added 17 grams to the center of the car, but need 17 more in order to get to the 1400 grams. The car is balanced front to rear almost perfect right now on the scales. Where would you add the weight? front or rear or would you move things around and keep the weight in the center as best as you could?


What's the weight front to rear ratio on your car?

Thanks,
JG
JG,

Do you know that the new ROAR minimum weight standard for TC is going to be 1,380 gm?

Seems like you are about perfect...

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:16 AM   #714
Tech Fanatic
 
jgraham37128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 801
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
JG,

Do you know that the new ROAR minimum weight standard for TC is going to be 1,380 gm?

Seems like you are about perfect...

Bill
Snowbirds is 1400 grams. This is why I'm having to add the 17 grams.
jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #715
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
Paul, I need to add 17 grams of weight to my car. I've already added 17 grams to the center of the car, but need 17 more in order to get to the 1400 grams. The car is balanced front to rear almost perfect right now on the scales. Where would you add the weight? front or rear or would you move things around and keep the weight in the center as best as you could?


What's the weight front to rear ratio on your car?

Thanks,
JG

I would leave it off for now.
20g is a good tuneing aid. If the car is a little loose throw 10g per side in front of the battery and servo, if the car is a little pushy i would put 5 behind the motor and 15 behind the battery. i have never put my current car on scales so i dont know.

Thanks
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:30 PM   #716
Tech Master
 
jkirkwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,232
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
I use the aluminum outdrive cups, this way the blades lasts a long time and they are easy to replace. that being said, if i had a sack of 100 plastic outdrives I would use those and just replace them every couple of runs.
Paul,

Two questions for you, the first is in reference to your post regarding the outdrives. As the plastic out-drives wear does the car develop a push? I've been running the new T3'11 for the past few weeks and my car has developed a push that I just can't seem to get rid of, especially entering the turns. It makes me believe something has worn and is overriding my changes. The first night it was money, the 2nd was good, but now it feels like a dump truck as the car has worn in. I've keep it clean and everything is in check, and oils kept fresh, so the only thing I can think it may be is the added play in the out-drives.

I'm very close to your first T3'11 setup you posted. Do you think your Cleveland setup would be better for a ultra tight track with lots of slow tight turns.

Thanks.
__________________
SMC Racing | AKA Products | SANWA
jkirkwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:53 AM   #717
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkirkwood View Post
Paul,

Two questions for you, the first is in reference to your post regarding the outdrives. As the plastic out-drives wear does the car develop a push? I've been running the new T3'11 for the past few weeks and my car has developed a push that I just can't seem to get rid of, especially entering the turns. It makes me believe something has worn and is overriding my changes. The first night it was money, the 2nd was good, but now it feels like a dump truck as the car has worn in. I've keep it clean and everything is in check, and oils kept fresh, so the only thing I can think it may be is the added play in the out-drives.

I'm very close to your first T3'11 setup you posted. Do you think your Cleveland setup would be better for a ultra tight track with lots of slow tight turns.

Thanks.
Hi. I definately think that my cleveland set up is the best 011 set up to date.
I noticed that my car just became inconsistent when my plastic outdrives would wear, I would definately try changing them but im not sure it will cure your push. on carpet sometimes tires will continue to push more and more as they get older BC of the fronts getting more wear every run compaired to the rears, so that is my first thought.
when a carpet track gets more traction the car will generally push more also so that is a possibility. i would try new outdrives first, then try new tires. if the outdrives help, your good. If the tires cure it, then you know that you need to make a set up change for older tires. if niether helps then you can almost for sure say that it is the grip level causing the push, in which set up changes will be made also.
First off, camber is King on a set up. I have never had a car that wouldnt spin out with 3degs of front and 0.5 deg of rear camber (im not saying to go that far). so maybe you need 2F and 1.5R camber or something simple like that. but definately check out my cleveland set up, It is a pushy set up also but it was very good for me. and changes can definately be made to make it steer.

hope this helps, Thanks.

paul
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 01:47 PM   #718
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 343
Default

b

Last edited by eded1; 12-21-2010 at 02:37 PM.
eded1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 01:48 PM   #719
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 343
Default

Hi Paul.

Short one, have you raced with the new HPI spec tyres, and if, what
do you think of them.

Regards

Ed
eded1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:51 PM   #720
Tech Master
 
jkirkwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,232
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Paul, thanks for the tips. I ended up softening the dampening rate in the rear tonight which I felt gave a bit more steering, or the feeling of more response, entering the turn. Then finished up with 2 deg front and 1.5 rear vs 1.5 front and 3 rear. Qualifying was a new track record by a few sec even when missing my gearing. In the main I compounded a bit more of the front tires and the car was even better.
__________________
SMC Racing | AKA Products | SANWA
jkirkwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower) Paul L Electric On-Road 1384 12-18-2009 09:06 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:47 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net