Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC >

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Old 02-15-2010, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Paul- When you have run asphalt have you carried your out board toe over from carpet? That race in Socal that you ran a month or so ago did you run all inboard toe?
Old 02-16-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey Paul i was at the Winternats last week and i asked you if you have ever tried the long links (links into the blockheads) on the rear of the 009 well i tried it and what i felt it did was give the car more rear bite and smooth the car out but it has less steering . and in my opinion just the long links in the front was way better
i tried this on asphalt

cory parsons
Old 02-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
WOW, That is awesome. Bigger than any trophy that i have.
Great job!!!!!
Try sticking that one out the door of car moving at 80mph.....some how I think you would still try it
Old 02-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by kghills
I cannot tell you enough about what a positive experience this has been for Jason and myself. For us to just step into the hobby and receive so much help and assistance is truely a credit to the others in this hobby and people Jason races with. Thanks again Paul, hope to see you soon.

No problem, Thanks.

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Paul- When you have run asphalt have you carried your out board toe over from carpet? That race in Socal that you ran a month or so ago did you run all inboard toe?
Yea, i feel like it does the same thing on asphalt, i do run the 1deg outboard a lot.

Originally Posted by clparsons123
hey Paul i was at the Winternats last week and i asked you if you have ever tried the long links (links into the blockheads) on the rear of the 009 well i tried it and what i felt it did was give the car more rear bite and smooth the car out but it has less steering . and in my opinion just the long links in the front was way better
i tried this on asphalt

cory parsons
Hi Cory, Thanks man. i really appreciate it!!

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Try sticking that one out the door of car moving at 80mph.....some how I think you would still try it
LOL.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

No problem, Thanks.

Yea, i feel like it does the same thing on asphalt, i do run the 1deg outboard a lot.

Hi Cory, Thanks man. i really appreciate it!!

LOL.
paul whats up ? i got some ? for u ill call u later. thanks ralph
Old 02-26-2010, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Hey Paul, I saw Beavis down at the track last night with a True Speed and RC America hoodie on. Did you have a garage sale?
Old 02-26-2010, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kraig
Hey Paul, I saw Beavis down at the track last night with a True Speed and RC America hoodie on. Did you have a garage sale?
Actually Kraig, I can answer this one for Paul....we just steal all of his team apparel when it comes in.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:14 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Kraig
lol, yea. ill give them away if i dont wear them anymore.

Originally Posted by BuckMan
Actually Kraig, I can answer this one for Paul....we just steal all of his team apparel when it comes in.
lol, That too.

Originally Posted by rocca30
paul whats up ? i got some ? for u ill call u later. thanks ralph
Cool.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Paul: just bought my new T3 from Billy at Speedworld what's a good starting mod setup for a track like speedworld?
Old 03-03-2010, 04:49 AM
Tech Regular

hey paul!

I hav a question for you

What do you change first if you have bad rear traction on carpet indoors?

And what does it do to the car if you have more weight in rear than in front? and if you have more weight in front?

Thanks alot!

www.andrefossto.wordpress.com
Old 03-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by JayL
Paul: just bought my new T3 from Billy at Speedworld what's a good starting mod setup for a track like speedworld?
i would start with one of the euro asphalt set ups, i havent really formed a asphalt set up yet for the car.

Originally Posted by Andy63
hey paul!

I hav a question for you

What do you change first if you have bad rear traction on carpet indoors?

And what does it do to the car if you have more weight in rear than in front? and if you have more weight in front?

Thanks alot!

www.andrefossto.wordpress.com
I assume that your talking about rubber tires.
for more rear traction i would add rear toe and camber, like 3.5deg toe and 3deg camber, also moove your wing back and your rear wheelbase long.

more weight forward will always have less steering and or more rear traction also. more weight back will have less rear traction or more steering.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Tech Initiate

I assume that your talking about rubber tires.
for more rear traction i would add rear toe and camber, like 3.5deg toe and 3deg camber, also moove your wing back and your rear wheelbase long.

more weight forward will always have less steering and or more rear traction also. more weight back will have less rear traction or more steering.
Is there any difference with foam tires or does the same principles apply to foams to?
Old 03-05-2010, 07:06 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Hurrle
Is there any difference with foam tires or does the same principles apply to foams to?

for the most part Yes, I just might aproach it different with foams. those changes would apply but with foams i would most likely suggest a specific rear camber link for starters.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

paul: I here you prefer the 116 spur in mod, correct?
Old 03-06-2010, 06:42 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by JayL
paul: I here you prefer the 116 spur in mod, correct?
yup, a 118 will hang threw the chassis. with todays HP in mod i like to run the biggest spur possible that way i am also running the biggest pinion to get my gearing and their are more teeth touching at any given time, this makes for less chance of stripping 64p gears.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.