Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whch one is better TC3 or XXXS

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Randman
Alright, here's the deal with vs threads, the TC3 drivers will obviously tell you to get a TC3, and the XXXS drivers will obviously tell you to get the XXXS. Either way you go, you get a good car, so do an eenie meenie miny mo and buy the winner.
He he, thats what I did between an TC3 an XXXS and a MR4 - TC SD. I eventually got the SD anyway . . .
Old 03-09-2004, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Where on earth do you get its EASIER to get TC3 parts? Both cars parts are EASY to get from any hobby shop and ANY track worth a crap will stock a full line of each since they are pretty much the two most popular cars in the US with Xray a close 3rd.....

I drive a losi, but I can tell you....each car is great in all aspects, you can't go wrong really with either. The one piece of advice I can give you is that see what car is more popular at your track with the FAST guys, or if there is any team drivers for either company at the track. This REALLY helps with setup....its always nice to have someone to ask questions to....especially a PRO.

Later EddieO
Old 03-09-2004, 09:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by rcracingkid
TC3...It isnt that fragile, i race it on carpet 2 times every week, and i have only broken a handful of parts in the past year or so. And the boards are very harsh...x-rays break a lot here.

No one who's ever been near an xray will say that they break alot. Mine is equipped with the standard pivot ball set-up, and the ONLY thing I ever break is rims. I have seen the C-hub equipped xrays break, but not nearly as much as the TC3's, Losis, and yuckomos.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

TC3 all the way baby!!!!
Old 03-09-2004, 09:47 PM
Tech Adept

Go with a TC3!
Old 03-10-2004, 03:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

They all break with a good enough hit.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

get a yokomo mr4tc-sd CGM, both XXX-S and TC3 concept are design with this kit! just check it out!

im using a XXX-S, and running hot!

peace bro, happy racing!
Old 03-10-2004, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

HeY hEy!!!

I think that the TC3 is better in certain areas but then the Losi is better in other areas. another thing is that i think the TC3 is more durable and can take harder shots to bords, but nothing is more durable then the Tamiya cars.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:50 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

The TC3 for the money is a good cheap vehicle to run. You can run a racer kit and still be competitive.

The Losi XXXS seems to be configured better for racing if you get
the GP model.

For my experiences, i owned a XXXS new, upgraded it with graphite and PRP shock towers and that seems to help in turning on a tight carpet track. But the Xrays and TC3s just ran away from our XXX-Ss.

I picked up a very used TC3, changed only the front springs and tires to foam ( this one was used for bashing ) and easily put down 2 more laps than before and actual won a race here and there. The TC3 was bone stock except the arms.

Another thing to consider is where you race, the TC3 has a funky steering setup that unless you make a cover will catch pebbles and lock up. Had this happen often even with the cover.

And the statement about the TC3 having more punch is definitely true. On a tight track, you definitely want the punch out of the corners unless you are really good at maintaining speed through the corners.

As for X-Ray. Very nice! Very little roll friction and feels like a quality car. The XRay model with the non-graphite plate chassis is a great performer too.

All in all, if I am tight on money, the TC3 is a good bet. If money is not so much an issue maybe go with the Losi GP model or the XRAY top of the line model. You could also look at HPIs new entry. Looks to be along the lines of the XRAY in quality so far.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

By the looks of it the car you gave a link to was one of the regular models Not the team or factory team version. One thing to remember is this. there are If I remember there are three or four TC3 kits (regular, RTR, Team, Factory Team). Each has different stuff on them graphite, vs non, steel vs titanium, radio or not. All these things have to be looked at especially prices. To my knowlege the TC3 (I'm not sure on the RTR) does not come with a body or wheels and tires. Which if you have certain ideas of what to get, that could be no problem. But it will increase the initial price of the kit.
The Losi comes in three types, Sport, Sport RTR, and G+. Each includes a body and wheels and tires. So your inital price with the losi car is what it says, besides electrics (except the RTR of course) The G+ being the top line model Graphite, threaded shocks, titanium turnbuckles etc. The RTR is just the sport with electronics. Sorry no G+ or Factory Team RTR.
Parts. My local shop has just as much supply for one or the other.
I have heard of the TC3 chassis warping around the motor mount in high heat conditions (outside asphalt)which can lead to handling problems. I think this is with the stock molded nylon chassis. The losi car I haven't heard that about, especially the G+. In the TC3's defense, I heard that droop is easier to set, where most losi drivers use shock length to adjust droop. Both cars usually need some type of drive system lightening, graphite/aluminum shaft for TC3, or the new Losi black belt kit to have them run at best performance.
Hopefully this info helps.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Just wanted to adress the tight on money issue. The last guy forgot to mention one thing about which one to choose because it is less priced. Most of the prices I have seen are the TC3 Factory Team going for $269-$289 (without body tires and wheels) where the G+ goes for $269 and that includes Body tires and wheels. Say you pay $10-$20 on a body, and another $20 on tires/wheels. That will add $30-$40 on top of that $269-$289 just to get rolling.
I know I used the most expensive versions in this case, but it applys to all of them. So most likely the Losi car is actually cheaper, unless you intend to replace the tires automatically. But you still have to put a body on the TC3 to get it rolling.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:38 AM
Tech Adept

wow thats alot to take in. i will go reserch some cars that got mensioned and look in to them.

keep leaving coments ideas and prices and your opinions on what cars are good
Old 03-10-2004, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

i have a tc3 racer for 95 $ shipped yeap
Old 03-10-2004, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

Pictures? to [email protected]
Old 03-10-2004, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

pic sent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.