R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-07-2005, 11:05 AM   #886
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hp1racer..... go to www.rc10.com and look for my cleveland setup from 2004 this is by far the best setup on carpet for me........

let me know how it works
Old 05-07-2005, 03:26 PM   #887
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Mike, you were right, Brent put the RDLogics setup on rc10.com. Thanks man!! I hope everything is going well for you- I hear you're back to normal for the most part...hehe

L8,
Jason
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 07:48 AM   #888
Tech Addict

Bigdog.... LOL... Normal... maybe not ..... ;-)

Glad he did that...

Mike
Old 06-30-2005, 04:27 PM   #889
Tech Addict

Default OK GUYS.. FT CAR IS AWESOME>>

"Ok.... Now i have been running the car some more.. Going to run it this weekend on carpet . But as of now the car is sweet.. If you guys have any ???? Post away .. sorry i have been gone for a while.. But now i am back...

Mike Blackstock
Old 06-30-2005, 04:45 PM   #890
Tech Adept

Wouldn't happen to have a good setup for either foams on indoor asphalt or even rubbers? How about your Reedy Race setup?

Hope to have that new FT soon! Got two pre-ordered from separate places, see who gets them first

Also something I posted on the TC4 forum that hasn't got answered yet about the Team car I'm running now:

1) How far should the shocks extend when fully compressed? Mine are extending equally but they extend all the way out. I thought they were only supposed to extend out a little bit?

2) One-Ways; What's everyones thought on Foam/High-Bite Asphalt (Fairly tight track but Stock Motor) running a one-way? I've also heard you can just put the one-way bearing in the rear of the car to eliminate some of the classic issues with braking etc? Anyone ever heard of this?
Nitro-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 04:55 PM   #891
Tech Addict

Nitro boy....

I will be posting setups soon to the site ... I want to run a few more times.. But i do know ae will be either posting starting setups in with the kits or on the web page... I know the carpet one is good

AS for the shocks.. Mine extend all the way out and are equal.. But when i say all the way out not with super hard rebound that has alot of air in the shocks... What we found at the reedy race that made the shocks very easy to build was a yokomo cap and bladder.. they were perfect everytime.. I try to make the shocks feel as close as you can.. if not this can cause a tweak...

Anytime i run foams. I run no oneways.. I think you can just as fast without them plus i use good amount of brakes, so i do not like the feel of a one-way.. Matter of fact i can not remember the last time we have run a one-way here in the states.... As for the rear ? I have never heard of that or tried it ..

Mike
Old 06-30-2005, 05:01 PM   #892
Tech Adept

Thanks for the QUICK reply!! I use the Yokomo caps or a set of team caps that I had drilled/tapped both work great. Just wasn't sure if they should extend that far, always bleed the air out though

Good Luck at any upcoming events! Show everyone what that FT car is all about!

Thanks Again!
Nitro-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 05:32 PM   #893
Tech Addict

Nitro.... No problem.... Thanks ...

Mike
Old 06-30-2005, 05:39 PM   #894
Tech Addict

Mike, do you happen to have the part numbers for those Yok caps and bladders?
Old 06-30-2005, 05:59 PM   #895
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Yokomo part number: YS-8D

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 06:00 PM   #896
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil
Yokomo part number: YS-8D
Cheers
Old 06-30-2005, 06:33 PM   #897
Tech Addict

When using the Yok caps and bladders do you remove the volume compensating foam from the shock or leave it in?
Old 06-30-2005, 06:40 PM   #898
Tech Fanatic

HELLO MR. BLACKSTOCK
Old 07-01-2005, 02:24 PM   #899
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Mike, when is the FT stuff gonna be release? Are they going to sell a conversion kit to make an old TC4 into a FT TC4?

Are going to the Gate on Saturday to practice? If so, maybe I'll stop by to spectate and check out the new car.
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 03:25 PM   #900
Tech Master

let me bring this thread back to the top!!

mike i got to watch the mod 12th race on my computer at the house!

i have to tell you that i figured with cyrul a half lap ahead of you the race was over! you have some serioustalent my friend! that was the race of all time,you came back and passed several cars and caught josh cyrul from a half lap back! you are the jordan of 12th mod!!!!!!!! we are not worthy!

GREAT RUN BRO....HOPE TO SEE YOU REPEAT THAT AT THE BIRDS WHERE I CAN SEE IT IN PERSON! IN THE WORDS OF TONY C WOW!!!!!!!!! KATF1SH
UCHEATULOSE is offline   Reply With Quote