R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-10-2004, 09:42 AM   #76
Tech Fanatic

Just think about this everyone...........

Touring car nats at the Gate..........

Mike Blackstock...The hottest driver in R/C right now......

Mike Blackstocks home track is the Gate.....

This may be a long weekend for everyone

Good thing he is on my side

Just my $.02

Barry
Barry Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 10:15 AM   #77
Company Representative

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

LOL @ Barry Baker...

Very good point!
Tres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 11:06 AM   #78
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Barry I think that roll you were on during asphalt season on rubber tires moved over the Mike now running carpet with foams. Associated must really enjoy have two of the best racers out their on their team. Also ones that have been so helpful on this forum.

Mike has posted a ton of useful info in just the 3 pages of this thread so far. I know I just keep reading everyday and take notes as I go to help me later on. Lots and lots of great info.

Doing a great job Mike. I know me and everyone else on this site appreciate you sharing your knowledge with us. This is what racing is all about.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 11:06 AM   #79
Tech Rookie

Mike,yes that is the ride height for our local series. They have a brass 3/16" rod(i think), but it is more like 1/4 that has to pass under the car. The front camber links are in & down. The rear links are in & down, but I also tried in & up on the rear. I did try 1 deg. of camber all the way around, this help a little with the lifting, but then it pushes on rights(to get through the main I put 2deg. in the Lf). The car does not lift enough to flip over usually, the rear lifts first. I have had people watch the car and when it lifts is where I am lossing time, because you can hear the diff. then when the tire comes down the car launches out of that turn.
Also what is your opinion on the Losi shock tower on the rear.

Thanks for the help Mike and also Brian
jwillman74w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 11:43 AM   #80
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to WVRACER

Mike,

Will Vicky be running at the nats? I know the cleveland race was very exciting to watch. I am ready for her to run mod and knock some of the big boys down a notch. you can get a t-shirt that says "Dude you just got beat by my wife" i can't wate to see what little Blackstock can do with a r/c car i bet that child was born with a radio in it's hand. Good luck at the nats

Rob
WVRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 11:45 AM   #81
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to WVRACER

ok enough of the butt kissing i do have a question. Does Team Associated do any of the "Blue printing" of the bearing points in the tc3? If so do you have any tips to get this just right?

Thanks
Rob
WVRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 11:51 AM   #82
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default Gate question!!

Mike,

I ran kick-up in the rear and antidive in the front of my TC3 at Champs and car felt great all weekend long. We get the same carpet at the Gate and the first few things I had to do was get rid of the rear kick-up as car was loose and edgy @ home. Whats so different about the two tracks when its the exact same carpet Was it level of grip or the wood subfloor or...?

See ya Saturday,
Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 12:05 PM   #83
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Blackstock
BigDogRacing ...I let my tires sit till the heat before then i wipe them to were they are somewhat dry . Then i have somone scrub them in to finish them off..
BAM!! See there Mike, this thread is really a lot of help!!! That explains why my car feels greasy the first lap. Thanks Mike!!
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 01:28 PM   #84
Tech Fanatic

wyd....I hope that roll stays for awhile on the asphalt.

I do know that Mike and I work very well together, he has tought me alot on the rug(yes I admitted it.....thanx Mike)

My job is to help him on asphalt now...lol....I just dont understand why he isnt faster on the pavement...Like I have told him it is just a different driving style...

but you are right we at Team Associated have a very good team right now with Myself,Mike,Walt,Eric D.,Jon Orr,Mike Land cant forget Timmy H......and thats just the US side of the lake we also have Craig D, and Juho L. its worldwide BABY..

I am glad to see Mike up here he is very helpfull to everyone...Now if you guys could just get the real brains of the family(Vicky) on here...she will probably help everyone alittle more ....lol

Barry
Barry Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 01:36 PM   #85
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to THeGame

mike.. You got pm...
THeGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 03:16 PM   #86
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Blackstock
rcracingkid.. Futureal is correct. When we tried this we actually gained more steering getting in the corner. Seems it is very touch here.. I do not recommend trying this... I know i lost a good .1-.2 doing this...
Mike I tried it on mine and the laps improved...but that's in stock, though. I personally think it can be beneficial or not depending on what kind of setup you're already using and your driving style...it worked for me, so I'm sticking with it.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 04:09 PM   #87
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Mike what is the benefit if any of running the nitro steering rack on the TC3 vs. the stock steering rack setup?
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 04:17 PM   #88
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Barry... I love you man... ;-)

jwillman74w.. I have never used the losi tower . But i think it just stands the shocks up more. I think.. If you could post your entire setup on here maybe i can think of something causing that. Sounds like something is not right......

WVRACER.. No vicky wont be running the nat's She is in finance at a local ford dealer and this is auto show month so she is swamped at work... Soon dominic will have a radio in his hand. I can not wait.... As for blue printing the bearing points. I have no idea... I guess it is all trial and error....

Ray.. Yea my car is the same way. I think you will want to go back to that for the nat's when the bite comes way up.. But for club racing leave it ....I noticed the last week by the mains my car was coming in nicely....

BigDogRacing... Glad i could help...

Brian McGreevy... that is great news.. I have never had any luck but losing lap times.. What kind of carpet and how is the traction there ?? Maybe stock might be the key... So scratch what i said earlier ;-)
Old 03-10-2004, 04:18 PM   #89
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WYD.. I really do not think there is anything as far as performance.. But it is easier to keep clean and alot less work.. But i still run the old rack.. Just alot less hassle as far as milling chassis's etc...

Mike
Old 03-10-2004, 04:26 PM   #90
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Mike, I ran it at the USTC race #4 held at trackside a couple weeks ago. The grip was very close to the novak race (and you know how that was...can you say DARK groove?). I have also run it at club races locally and it's working.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote