R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-27-2005, 01:59 PM   #826
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Mike...

is it true there is going to be some tweaking to some of the TC4 parts? Is so, when will the version 2 stuff be available?
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 05:19 PM   #827
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dane .. To be very honest it is mostly trial and error... Take a starting setup off the internet then try one thing at a time to learn what it do's.. Then go off of previous notes for certain tracks etc... I guess doing this 18+ years helps too....

As for the diff cases. I am just very careful , use some diff lube the first time going in and then i usually will not have a problem, also make sure when you are starting the screw going in that it is on the existing thread, this is what strips it out when we are in a hurry and try to jam it on fast...

RCknight.. Not sure i know what you are talking about... I think they may have did some minor changes to some of the molds for tolerence... But as far as anything else i have no idea...

Mike
Old 02-27-2005, 06:47 PM   #828
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks Mike,
Old 02-27-2005, 06:56 PM   #829
Tech Master

Mike could you explain how the different caster blocks effect handling on the 12l4? High speed, low speed turns, turn it, exit blah blah blah... I'd appreciate the info.
(978) 416-2572
Hyperform Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 07:20 PM   #830
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mike,

Boy you're busy in here. My question is about tweak. I do have a tweak station and tweak pods. How do set tweak using these tools or do you have other tools for setting tweak? Is it good practice to add some weight before tweaking the components?
This is for an L4 and a TC3.
Thanks in advance.
revzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 09:06 PM   #831
Tech Regular

Default Binding

Mike,
When I turn the wheels under power. They will bind and shake.
I do not think it is the bearings. I am only at 85% of dual rate.
I can hear it on the track. The Car handles great, but I know I am losing speed because of the binding.
Any ideas?
Thanks for your time.
Jsaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 11:35 PM   #832
Tech Adept

Your front CVDs are probably bent or binding. Check 'em out Bryan!
JCathey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 01:46 AM   #833
Tech Apprentice

Default GTX

Hello Mike,

I would like to know which set-up do you use in the 1/12th with the gtx when the track has good grip do you use the personal profiel?, also do you know more less the difference of run time from one program to other?

Thank you very much
Roedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 06:08 AM   #834
Tech Addict

TreyDog.... I use the 10 degree blocks wich is the most reactive of the three... this will make the car rotate in the center of the corner the most, the 5 degree is alittle less and will rotate less and the 0 degree has no reactive and will not change caster angle at all . I run 10degree's every where.. I feel like the car is much faster this way...

revzalot.. I do have a tweak station and setup tools. But 99% of the time i tweak the car on the track.. Usually i will set my cambers then ride heights and the car will be pretty close, Then run on the track and adjust to the feel of the car.. For the 1/12th scale car i have a 15 yr old tweak board i use that tweaks the car off the back . it has worked very well so why change a good thing. But make sure your front camber is good first before tweaking.....

Jsaves .. IT is probably a bent CVD or something to that nature.. I do not run 100% of lock on my cars either as this is alittle problem that the car has.. It will wobble and bind alittle.. i run mine about 90 % and this go's away...

Roedor .. I never change my profile for either 1/12th or touring. I run the one the speedcontrol comes on . I like the way it feels therefore have never played around with it... I know there might be something there.

I am not sure one will make you faster then the other, But the feel will be different, Just try changing it and see what you like. I know for me the stock one is the best for me sriving style

Mike
Old 02-28-2005, 10:37 AM   #835
Tech Rookie

Default How many batteries?

Mike
I've been out of RC for a long time and just getting started again. With the nimh batteries do you only race the battery once a day or can you recharge it between races if you have time and don't overheat it? Is the Novak Ionic AC/DC a good charger?
Thanks.
wmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 10:43 AM   #836
Tech Rookie

Default Shock springs and oil?

mike
I'm getting ready to start racing on a brand new indoor asphalt track and I was wondering what shock springs and oil you would recommend for a stock tc3? I hope to run rubber tires.
Thanks again.
wmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 10:59 AM   #837
Tech Addict

wmason... I would not charge the packs more then once a day... as for charges just get one that will let you set the peak detect .....

As for oils and springs... 40 wt front and 30 wt rear blue front and silver rears is a good starting point ...

Mike
Old 02-28-2005, 02:34 PM   #838
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Dane Send a message via Skype™ to Dane

Thanks Mike. I can't wait until I can attest nearly 2 decades in racing.

Thanks again.

www.toycarracingblog.com
Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:45 PM   #839
Tech Fanatic

Mike, what is your favorite winds for 1/12th? and with what timing?
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 05:28 PM   #840
Tech Addict

Greg.... Right now my favorite is a 10X2 pt with 12 degree's timing... 738 brush's

Mike