R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-22-2005, 07:17 PM   #781
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ApexSpeed
Mike do you know when the hard-coated TC shocks will be released to the pubilc? I need to buy a set of shocks and I am wondering if I should wait for these.

doug
[/QUOTE i got my hard coated at the snow birds from superior hobbies there are out dude]
tc3 racer sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 07:35 PM   #782
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow... this thread is starting to scare me.... hehe...

Mike... E-mail is on the way... I am in the need of a touch or two LOLOLOLL

Mike
Old 02-22-2005, 07:40 PM   #783
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Hey mike how many washers do you run under the steering block ball stud what is the effect of more or less shims there.For carpet
Old 02-22-2005, 07:46 PM   #784
Tech Apprentice

On the tc4, i heared that i can use Yokomo shocks to replace the shocks that already on there?is this true?
ms2005fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 08:37 PM   #785
Tech Addict

steve eaves.. We run about .100 worth of washers .. This is to change the way the bump steer is.. Seems to make the car turn a bit better entering the corner...

ms2005fl.. not sure if they will work or not since all i use is associated shocks... only one way to find out that is to try it and see.. sorry wish i could be more help to you ...

Mike
Old 02-22-2005, 09:01 PM   #786
Tech Initiate

What's your point of view on Dead-Shorting Batteries? Do you guys at AE practice this method?
Rock56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 09:15 PM   #787
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Rock, no mod racers dead short batteries because it decreases the runtime of the pack.

I'm sure Mike can offer more thought on it though...
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 09:18 PM   #788
Tech Initiate

Hehe . . .Yeah i figured that much. I should've been more specific, about dead-shorting for 19t racing.
Rock56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 09:30 PM   #789
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Proteus

Quote:
Originally posted by BigDogRacing
Rock, no mod racers dead short batteries because it decreases the runtime of the pack.

I'm sure Mike can offer more thought on it though...
I wouldn't say that. I know of several Mod drivers that deadshort on a routine basis. They don't seem to have runtime issues. But then again these drivers have exceptional throttle control.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 12:03 AM   #790
Tech Regular

i think hara deadshorts his batts.
TJ Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:59 AM   #791
Tech Initiate

Why do some people say that belt cars are more efficient than shaft cars? I believe shaft cars are better (efficient) that's why I bought the TC4. What do you think Mike, and do you guys do anything special to your cars? Thank you in advanced
newbee_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 02:22 AM   #792
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ Bradley
Can you please tell me what "deadshorts his batts" mean. I think Hara is an awesome driver. I want to meet him someday.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:16 AM   #793
Tech Addict

Rock56 .. I have played with it for 19t and think it helps alittle , But for mod i do not do it as we lose too much run time when doing this.. But for 19t it will help... Just be prepared to lose alot of run time when doing this....

newbee_racer.. As for cars... i think if setup correctly both have positives and negatives.. just a matter of preference.... As for the dead short batts.. what this means is when you have a pack dishcarged all the way down to let say .9 a cell then put a wire from the positive to negative wich will dead short the cells.... Hope this helps..

Mike
Old 02-23-2005, 02:02 PM   #794
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Proteus

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ Bradley
He doesn't deadshort his packs, but rather the cells. He keeps them on the tray until next use. There's a big difference between deadshorting a pack and deadshorting cells. It's too risky deadshorting as a pack because you are assuming that each and every cell has the same charge in each of them Some people prefer it that way and some don't . I guess it's just a matter of preference. I prefer to deadshort by keeping the pack on the tray.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 03:30 PM   #795
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Blackstock
Rock56 .. I have played with it for 19t and think it helps alittle , But for mod i do not do it as we lose too much run time when doing this.. But for 19t it will help... Just be prepared to lose alot of run time when doing this....

newbee_racer.. As for cars... i think if setup correctly both have positives and negatives.. just a matter of preference.... As for the dead short batts.. what this means is when you have a pack dishcarged all the way down to let say .9 a cell then put a wire from the positive to negative wich will dead short the cells.... Hope this helps..

Mike

Thank you so much for your reply! You are the first pro driver that I've ever talked to on RC tech. I think you are an awesome driver plus the fact that you talk to the average racer makes you a class act. Why do you use Novak esc's when I thought that Associated drivers are supposed to run LRP? Do you think that Novak is better and why? I need to upgrade my LRP Sport, so your opinion will help me a lot.