R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-26-2005, 04:49 PM   #751
Tech Master

Hey mike... What are your thoughts on the 12l4 cross brace? Do you run it or do you feel it tweaks your front end? Are there times when you run it and times when you don't?

I assume you're going to the nats in march at hobby chamber. Can't wait to see you lay it down!
Hyperform Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 05:20 PM   #752
Tech Rookie

Default Balance

Mr. Blackstock.
On the stock TC3 RTR, what is the Front/Rear weight split:
with the batteries forward?
with the batteries back?
with the batteries split?

What is the Front/Rear split on the new TC4? What about the balance is supposed to be better?
usraprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 08:36 PM   #753
Suspended

I bet the main reason the police keep people away from a plane crash is they don't want anybody walking in and lying down in the crash stuff, then, when somebody comes up, act like they just woke up and go, "What was THAT?!"
Max Brushware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 10:22 PM   #754
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Mike, I am Relatively new to 1/12th Scale, I Just bought a 12l4 and it did Not come with any Kind of set up Information. What Can I do to Get more Rotation/Cornerspeed I am Running the Car Box Stock. It just seems like I have to lift too much for the Corners, to get the car to Turn in.
I don,t know the Effects of Changing Front Springs or the White Caster Shims. Maybe it Needs different Dampener disk Lube? I am Running CRC tube lube Heavy Right Now. Thanks for your Time.
dmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 05:53 PM   #755
Tech Initiate

Hope to see Team AE at the Hobby Chamber for the Nats.
Rock56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 08:55 PM   #756
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Great Race

Hey Mike,
Great finish at the birds. It sounds like you were in the hunt and maybe got held back a little.
I am very curious about your set-up.
Could you post it please?
Thanks
Jsaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 10:51 PM   #757
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Mike ref....

putting as many spacers on the steering rack as you can, is this something you guys started doing for tighter carpet tracks? Does it make the car twitchy?
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 06:40 AM   #758
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Mike were you guys allowed to run the BMI top decks on ur cars at the birds? If so how did you like it? Great finish by the way!
runnin rc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 01:16 PM   #759
PaZ
Tech Master

Hi mike, did you ever run a warpspeed demom TC3 conversion? I coulda sworn i saw a piccy of you with one? If you did i have just got one for mine are there any major set-up changes i need to do? Thanks
CT Race Bodies
PaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 11:47 AM   #760
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

I am back... Sorry for the long break.. Was busy testing and racing the last few weeks getting ready for the snowbirds etc.....

Anyways post away and i will try my best to get to them

Mike Blackstock
Old 02-22-2005, 11:57 AM   #761
Tech Addict

TreyDog... I run the brace as long as it is not tweaking the front of the chassis.. Put a straight edge on the bottom of the chassis and see if one side is pulling up.. if not then you should be ok to run it....

usraprez.. I usually 99% of the time run the batteries forward.. This seems to be the best position , I have never tried them split... I did run them back a few times but the balance did not feel as good....

Max Brushware .. WOW ... You are doing some good stuff

dmatter.. For 1/12th scale i run my cars very stock.. The only thing i do is run about 3-4 deg of caste -1 - 1.5 of camber .. .075 t-bar.. .020 front springs , trinity red stuff on the dampner... As for getting into the corner better it might be tire.. I use double pink fronts.... Hope some of this helps....

Rock56 ... Thanks... I will be there...... if i can figure out where to fly into

RCknight .. We started doing it with the TC3 and just went right on to the tc4 with the same results , It changes the ackerman to make the car get into the corner better, yes maybe alittle more twitchy on center .....

runnin rc10.. YEA we tested them just to see what was going on ... To be honest i felt like the car lost steering so i took it off..

PaZ .. NO .. I have never driven a warpspeed chassis or any other components from them. Everything i race is 100% associated or sometimes other stuff for testing... If you saw me maybe i was looking at someone's car or driving someone else's car , wich i do quite often....
Old 02-22-2005, 11:57 AM   #762
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Setup from the birds? My setup feels fast but its .3 tenths per lap slow. Just wanted to see what you were running to get some ideas of the things to try.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:05 PM   #763
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Talking

I want to be like mike!!!!!
jason cheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 12:24 PM   #764
Tech Addict

I WANT TO BE LIKE JASON
Old 02-22-2005, 12:30 PM   #765
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mike,

How did you like using the LiPoly Rx Battery on the L4? Was the servo much more crisp? What are the specs of the LiPoly?
revzalot is offline   Reply With Quote