R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-09-2004, 07:16 PM   #61
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JSJ Racing

Thanks for the answer Mike. I figured that milling would be done.

Do you have any recommend starting roll out for the 19t QM from Reedy? Track is a little tight but flowing. 80'x50'.
JSJ Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 08:31 PM   #62
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by rcracingkid
Mike, instead of shaving down the front bumper and f-0 block, could i just shim up the f block to get the antidive that way? Or would it make the car handle poorly compared to your way? Also, do you run anti dive in the back as well?
We talked about this, and I don't think this is the preferred method. You're getting anti-dive, but you're also changing the car's roll center in the wrong direction by raising the back support. I don't think it has the same effect.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:41 PM   #63
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Worked for me Shane...
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 08:57 PM   #64
Tech Initiate

Yeah Mike,

I am kind of curious on the Reedy 19 turn Also I'll be at the same track as JSJ..

Good luck at the Nats. Sorry I missed you at the SnowBirds but something came up at the last minute and I was not able to go..

Talk you you later..

Mike

Team AE
AE-Off-Road Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:11 PM   #65
Tech Adept

Default tc3

Hey mike just want to say thanks for answering all of my questions i'm sure you've heard them a 1,000 times you've been a big help,thanks steve e.
lowline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:13 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
We talked about this, and I don't think this is the preferred method. You're getting anti-dive, but you're also changing the car's roll center in the wrong direction by raising the back support. I don't think it has the same effect.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
As far as I know, you're right, as I think doing the opposite to the front roll center than the rear, you create too much of a difference between the roll centers.
Speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:20 PM   #67
Tech Rookie

I need some help, my car lifts up the rear inside tire on all tight 90 degree + turns, it is worse on left turns then rights. The car is real stable, maybe even on the push side on high speed sweepers. I have checked tweak and had others double check me.
Setup:
FRONT
plaids, rear tower, 4 degree blocks, f-0,70wt oil, 5mm ride ht.,purple springs
REAR
purple,losi rear tower,F block,3+2, 50wt oil,0 degree losi hubs,copper springs,5mm ride ht.
I have set my droop the way you posted earlier, and with a droop gauge and I was not happy with the car. Any suggestions would be great
jwillman74w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:28 PM   #68
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

jwill,

I'm not mike but one thing I'd suggest is get that Losi tower off the rear and get the shocks more laid down. That should help.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 11:51 PM   #69
Tech Adept

question........why wont you let Vicky answer some questions?......we want to talk to her.......she is faster....better looking.....and has blonde hair.....
Steve Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 12:35 AM   #70
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Thanks for all the timely answers Mike! Looks like you have quite a following going on here

Take care and see you at the nats...
Old 03-10-2004, 01:04 AM   #71
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to THeGame

Are you going to be running at the Gate this weekend? How's the Turn out been for Mod? Thinking of driving up this weekend....
THeGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 06:26 AM   #72
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

rcracingkid.. Futureal is correct. When we tried this we actually gained more steering getting in the corner. Seems it is very touch here.. I do not recommend trying this... I know i lost a good .1-.2 doing this...

JSJ Racing .. I do not have the rollout chart in front of me but i would run somewhere between .. 37-42 /100 with a 2.25-2.28 tire... My rule of thumb is every .060 of tire wear i go up one tooth.. Some people do it different but for me it works well

AE-Off-Road Guy.. Thanks man.. Look up for the info ...

lowline... No problem.. If we all learn something is all that matters.. I know i have received some good tips to try from people on here also....

Speedo.. CORRECT... I agree with you 100%

jwillman74w.. do you have to run 5mm ride height??? Here is something i did that helped with this.. Try putting a .030 shim under the front and rear shock tower.. I would also take some front and rear camber out .. Go to 1 deg ... The biggest problem with not seeing your car. I do not know if it is lifting from the front or the rear.. This would help alot if you know ... Also at the snowbirds i had a similar thing happening.. But as soon as i made the car stay flat . I lost 2 tenths on the track. So i went right back to the lifting car.. Also if you can run lower ride height try 4mm all the way around.. Give me some more info on camber links etc.. I am sure we can get you in the right direction...
Old 03-10-2004, 06:29 AM   #73
Tech Addict

shaft1... I agree 100% :-)

Evicerator....No problem at all .. See you in a few weeks...

THeGame.. I will be there every week.. I will be running sat and sunday this week. I have been the only mod touring car . But i think there will be somemore this week. I really do not mind practicing alone. I seem to be able to figure some more stuff out i want to try ..... But come on up.. Should be fun...

Mike
Old 03-10-2004, 07:11 AM   #74
Tech Elite

What's up Mike? Looking forward to another great race at the Gate. See ya Sunday.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 09:32 AM   #75
Tech Addict

Hey Ian... Yea I will be there.. Some things i want to try with my touring car this week....

Later

Mike