R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-16-2005, 08:56 AM   #721
Tech Apprentice

At this point I can't fit any, I could probably fit a 17 or 18 but that would not be enough even with a 72. I normal run 64p in my Xray, but when I first started out 2 years ago, I was running 48p in my off-road vehicles. I picked up a couple of spurs hoping I could get some combination to work.

Someone else suggested removing the center nut and dremeling slightly the tbar. I am surprsed there is not some factory mod that fiexes this easier.
bashbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 03:36 PM   #722
Tech Apprentice

Default Diff

I have made progress regarding the spur and pinion. Alright, next question, setting the diff. I read the brief directions in the manual and I am doing something wrong. According to the instuctions, you hold both wheels and try to turn the spur. It should move just a little, correct? Do you tighten the right wheel all the way then make all adjustments with the left?
bashbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 08:31 AM   #723
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Mike, where did you end up running the roll centers at the Novak race? Thanks, J Longbrake
J_Longbrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 11:58 AM   #724
Tech Addict

hey guys I run a reedy quad 19t with a 64 pitch 100 spur and to be able to use anything higher then a 38 tooth pinion you have to dremel your motor cam mount to get the proper gear mesh.
you may also have to remove (cut) the heatsink that runs along the chassis on the right side i ran a 39t without doing this but i think with anything bigger you may have to do this...
Jmccormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 01:04 PM   #725
Tech Apprentice

I dropped down to a 96T spur instead. I'd only go larger if you are going to run Mod.
Corner Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 09:37 AM   #726
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WVRACER... That would be the standard pod.....

rayhuang. Wish i could on thursdays but i have dominic all night on that day so it is hard... See ya soon i will give it a run for you ..

.bashbrook What is do i sand down the back of the t-bar with a dremel ... You should be able to get roughly a 35-36 pinion on there with a 100 tooth spur... As for ride hieght blocks.. if you are to low with the 2 down then go to a 1 down.....

TreyDog .. I was using the BRP top plate until yokomo made one for the worlds for us to use.. Now i am using this one...

JBrake.. Barry had the good car there and will have a setup for everyone shortly... But i ran mine at 1 in the front and 1 in the rear... Still trying to get the right balance.. we are gaining on it but still not were we need to be ...

Jmccormick.. IN 19t i ran 43 / 96 and had to cut the crap out of the motor cam to get it to fit but it will...

Mike
Old 01-20-2005, 10:07 AM   #727
Tech Master

Thanks Mike, any chance you will be headin' down to C-bus for the "Ohio State Race". I'm sure we will have a good Mod Sedan class, we have been getting a real good turnouts and I'm hearing that a lot of the Cleveland guys are coming down.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:32 PM   #728
Tech Addict

Jbrake.... When is the race????

Thanks

Mike
Old 01-20-2005, 07:18 PM   #729
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Roll Center Blocks

Mike,

On the roll center blocks. I notice that the manual lists that for low roll center flat, the front is 0 and 0 but for the rear it is 2 and 2.

Can you exlain why this is? I am just curious as to why it is not the same front and rear.

Thanks,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 07:39 PM   #730
Tech Master

Mike, I am pretty sure that Paul is coming down. I ordered some stuff from him Monday. Here is the info for the race:

Ohio State Championship
Hosted by
Platinum Hobbies & Raceway
January 29-30 2005.

Door Open @ 8:00am Saturday
Door Open @ 8:00am Sunday

Saturday: 2 Qualifiers Than Resort (Qualify @ 3:00PM)
Sunday: 2 Qualifiers & Main (Qualify @ 10:00AM)
Old 01-20-2005, 09:08 PM   #731
Tech Addict

I have a question mike. I noticed that all the AE guys were running copper/red springs in mod. Now it may be different because im raing stock but did that not make the car feel sluggish? I just recently experimented with purps all they way around I didnt like it. I just got the carbon kit though mabey taht was it.
runnin rc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 07:49 AM   #732
Tech Addict

JBrake .. We will see... We have a test session planned all next week and i am not sure if we will be done by the end of the week for me to be there in time ... But we will see.... .

runnin rc10 .. Right now we are playing with setups trying to find what the car likes, And so far everything we have found is this car likes to be softer then the TC3.. So we are heading in that direction.. as for the car feeling sluggish, i did not feel that at all.. Maybe because the car was too touchy on center where the softer springs might have equaled it out.....

CRASH .. I am almost positive with the TC3 the front and rear pin heights were not the same so this is the reason they refer to it like this .... But i would just consider them the same... right now we are running the car close front and rear if that helps...

Mike
Old 01-21-2005, 08:59 AM   #733
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

JBrake,

Can you give me an address for Platinum? I'd like to come over for the state race. What time do the doors open? Any practice on Fri.?

Thanks,
Jonny
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 09:23 AM   #734
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:04 AM   #735
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnySocko
JBrake,

Can you give me an address for Platinum? I'd like to come over for the state race. What time do the doors open? Any practice on Fri.?

Thanks,
Jonny
www.platinumhobbies.com