R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-12-2004, 04:01 PM   #601
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Hey Mike any chance of you posting your asphalt setup for the TC-4.

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 07:59 PM   #602
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry for not replying here guys ... But it is a hectic month for me with the worlds and trying to get the new car dialed in on carpet and racing the holloween classic last weekend... But i will drop by here from time to time to try and answer some questions....

imam... I never use comm drops on mod motors.. I find that if you do use them it has a tendency to make the motor slower in the final minutes of the race..

J.Winter...... Wow lot's of questions... Hope i can cover them all for you... But here go's : For Tweaking my car i have this old tweak board that i had from about 12 years ago that i use. Josh cyrul has the same one it basically tweaks off the rear of the car...

Yes i use teflon tape and i use Trinity red stuff for dampening...

The only time i use a thin t-bar is outdoors.. Were traction is a issue along with side bite....

As for front springs i run .020 everywhere and i use Trinity red stuff on them aswell....

I use a pretty stiff spring to help the car turn into the corner and also stay flatter on smooth surface's. I have found the stiffer the spring the better the car turns in.. But be careful too stiff and you will be loose on power also...

The 10 and 5 degree mounts.. Well right now i only use 10 deg mounts.. But i would try the 5's if the bite was super high and the car was over rotating .....

I have not played with the battery positions yet.. I feel like the car is very good with the batt's back and would be scared the care would be to aggressive with them forward..

hope that helped ya some...

1fastguy1.. No problem MO.. Glad i could help.. Now do not touch that car until after the champs ;-)...

mivy .. I currently do not have any setups for the car for outdoors.. Look on the associated site after the worlds and i am sure there will be something.. But in the mean time you can use the reedy race setups and convert them to the new car for a good starting point...

Mike
Old 10-12-2004, 08:01 PM   #603
Tech Fanatic

Mike - Congrats on your wins.
Chill Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:20 PM   #604
Tech Addict

Chill Will ... Thanks alot man.. Was alot of fun learning the new car with the traction so high.. Also trying to learn the 1/12th scale tires that i think everyone will want soon....

Mike
Old 10-12-2004, 08:21 PM   #605
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

MB,

Sent ya an e-mail......

Thanks!!!
Old 10-12-2004, 08:24 PM   #606
Tech Addict

Rob...

u have my right e-mail addy ??? I did not get any mail...

Mike
Old 10-12-2004, 08:27 PM   #607
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Vicky gave it to me. Shoot me one: [email protected]
Old 10-12-2004, 08:30 PM   #608
Tech Addict

Rob sent...

Mike
Old 10-12-2004, 08:30 PM   #609
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

New 1/12th tires? No wonder you were so ballistic in 1/12th mod! Congrats again on your TQ's and wins. Now go lay down the smack Gate style at the Worlds. And thanks again for all the setup help on my car. Still learning how to keep the tires consistent by not using them too often, and just how much to superglue the edges. So many little details that have such a big effect in mod TC! Like that whole throttle setup issue.
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:33 PM   #610
Tech Addict

Thanks eric.... Yea the new tires are going to be good in my opinion... Glad i could help you alittle bit atleast.... Now for the worlds.. I will try my best but ya never know...

See ya at the gate soon..

Mike
Old 10-12-2004, 08:37 PM   #611
Tech Master

What new tires were ya trying? The Parmas or something else.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:39 PM   #612
Tech Addict

SpeediePHATT.. It is a new Jaco tire for 1/12th scale at the moment... not sure how much info jack want's out there right now but after this weekend i think it will be the tire to have trust me... I think he is planning on releasing it after the worlds of before cleveland.... Yes we will be running this tire at the worlds...

Mike
Old 10-12-2004, 08:41 PM   #613
Tech Master

Sweet the best gets better. I cant wait.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:59 PM   #614
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to lazyboy
Default Mr.Blackstock

Mike B,

I just recently got a 12l4 and well i need a good starting point for 1/12 stk on carpet.....i race at S&N Trackside hobbies(not sure if u have raced there or not for the Novak race)...right now its a tight, but flowing low bit track, this past weekend our fred kelner(our local fast 1/12scaler) was doing about 11.8's i think, some were around that...just trying to give u a ball park range of info since, this is my first time owning a 1/12 scale im not sure what u guys need for setup...if you could pm or just post a setup here on tech, i would greatly apprecate it....oh ya, how do u like the new tc4???

thanks in advance, lazyboy
Trackside hobbies
lazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 09:59 PM   #615
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Mike, Congrats on your win this past weekend. Will see you in about week or so in Orlando. Should we reserve a tee time at Disney's Fantasia Miniture Golf ???
tmunno is offline   Reply With Quote