R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-09-2004, 06:45 AM   #46
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

tc-3maniac I have used the losi caster blocks .. But i have not seen much difference in the two.. Try them both and let me know....

For the rear tower on the front .. Basically it just gives us a few more hole options vs the stn front tower. I think the car is easier to drive alittle less steering with the rear tower on the front...

Speedo... I do not have the F block in front cut at all. The bumper is cut down approx .035 or so.. It will give you anywhere from -1 to -2 antidive.. As for the rear . I have played with cutting down both the F and the 3+2 block .. I am still testing to see what i like best.. But right now i am Stn f block and 3+2 on the rear.. I am finding it is better when the bite comes up , But not so good when club racing.. If i am going to cut them i would do the f block in .010 incrememnts and play.. go from 010-.080 and see what they do. Then you can do the same with the 3+2 and try all the diff stuff you want.. Sorry i could not help more here...

Mike
Old 03-09-2004, 11:31 AM   #47
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Blackstock
...I have played with cutting down both the F and the 3+2 block .. I am still testing to see what i like best.....
Mike,

What heights have you tested and what do you feel each one has done?
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 11:33 AM   #48
Tech Addict

Greg..

Right now if the track is sticky. I am going down about .030 or so...

Helps free the car up a bit...

Mike
Old 03-09-2004, 12:01 PM   #49
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Hey Mike,

Generally, what is your saucing proceedure for a big race... or how do you go about figuring out your proceedure for each race...?
Old 03-09-2004, 02:05 PM   #50
Tech Addict

Evicerator.. I usually sauce for TC two heats before i am up at the big races where there is ton's of bite.. But for club racing i usually sauce 3-4 heats before ...

1/12th scale i sauce 30 mins before i run usually....

So basically the more bite the later i sauce....

Hope this helps..

Mike
Old 03-09-2004, 02:33 PM   #51
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Thanks for the info...

On touring car, generally how much of your front tires do you tend to sauce? Are there any occassions when you don't sauce a full rear tire? and if not... why?
Old 03-09-2004, 02:58 PM   #52
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Good question Evicerator!! I would like to add to it- how long do you leave the compound on before wiping the tires down Mike? Do you wipe right before you run or a few minutes before to let some of the vehicle dry? We were wiping them right before the run in Orlando as usual, but it seemed that if I wiped right about 5 minutes before the run it didn't feel nearly as greasy the first lap...?
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 04:23 PM   #53
Tech Fanatic

Mike, have you ever tried the double pink, double pink/org tires on asphalt? If so, what are your impressions?
Old 03-09-2004, 05:42 PM   #54
Tech Addict

Evicerator.. I usually sauce anywhere from half to all the way to the orange... Mostly all the way to the orange to be consistent... I always sauce the rears full.. Never have tried anything but that ... I think you might not be able to be as consistent as you would with a full sauced rear.

BigDogRacing ...I let my tires sit till the heat before then i wipe them to were they are somewhat dry . Then i have somone scrub them in to finish them off..

Proficar403.... I have run plaid's and purples outdoors and they were very good.. I guess if you needed some more over all traction. They may be very good. But have not running them before i am not sure. I know you will gain forward bite big time...

Mike
Old 03-09-2004, 05:51 PM   #55
Tech Regular

For newly laid carpet, would 30wt shock oil front and rear work with your Clevand spring set up?
TC3er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 05:54 PM   #56
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Mike,

I noticed that most of the fast guys in the Snowbird race were using the Protoform Alfa body and some using the Stratus 2.0. The Protoform Mazda Speed 6 body was rarely used, any reason for this. Thanks in advance for all your valuable information you had given.
Da4head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 06:43 PM   #57
Tech Addict

TC3er.. I do not think that how old the carpet will matter wich oil you use vs how the car reacts etc.. By going with that light of oil the car might be a bit edgy.. But let me know how it works...

Da4head.. I guess most people want to go with what wins.. But here is what my testing showed for me. The alpha was the loosest and most consistent entering and mid corner then any other body. The stratus was loose mid corner not so much as entering. And the Mazda turned in like crazy but would not finish the corner. No matter what i did to my car i could not get it to finish the corner. so i went back to the alpha...

Hope this helps ...

Mike
Old 03-09-2004, 06:56 PM   #58
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JSJ Racing

Mike, can you explain how you set the front end up to have the anti-dive?

What do you think about running pink and double pink orange foams on carpet? I have always run plaid and purple.

I also can't wait on getting the new 12L4.

Thanks for the help!

Go AE!
JSJ Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:01 PM   #59
Tech Addict

JSJRACING... For anti-dive . You need to have access to a mill or a very good eye with a dremel.. But you need to cut the bumper and the f+0 block all down .025-.050 depending on how much you want.. Make sure it is equal all the way across or the car will be screwy... Good luck....

All i run on carpet now is doublepink rears and double pink / Orange fronts.. Not sure wich would be better in stock.. But mod they are much better in my opinion...

mike
Old 03-09-2004, 07:14 PM   #60
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mike, instead of shaving down the front bumper and f-0 block, could i just shim up the f block to get the antidive that way? Or would it make the car handle poorly compared to your way? Also, do you run anti dive in the back as well?

Thanks