R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-12-2004, 08:30 AM   #571
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Mike, was just wondering what brush combos/timing you would suggest using a 12 double reedy PT.

Also noticed your name pop up on the Virtual RC daily challenge list, how you finding it? Few laps down on me yet, but not for long i guess
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 09:10 AM   #572
Tech Fanatic

Default Recommended TC4 Set-up

Hi Mike/Barry Baker,
Understand u did a lot of testing for the new TC4. I already ordered this new kit and is expected to arrived latest early next month. Ur recommended set-up using mod motor will be highly appreciated. We use rubber tires and run in a bumpy concrete cement track surface with high traction.

Looking forward to hear from u guys.
Rgds.
Nella-Nobrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 10:36 PM   #573
Tech Master

Hey mike
have you ran the TC4 with the cooling system yet? if so what are your toughts?

Also it is going to be cool to be able to run yours and Barry's set-ups on the new car with out having to be a machinist like with the old car. lol
davepull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 01:28 AM   #574
Tech Master

Exclamation

Hey MIKE,

Just want to know what would be the best gearing on my FT TC3 if I use a D6 10 turn double?. If I use the stock spur gear kimbrough 72 teeth what is the good combo on the pinion?. If I change it to 75 spur gear what will be the best pinion? Im running it in the race track with straight and corners...

tnx in advance...
Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 12:01 AM   #575
Tech Master

Hi Mike,

I just started racing 12th scale last winter on carpet. 12th is picking back up again now that the summer is ending. I recently found out I need to use Trininty red stuff for lube. How much lube should I use and do I put it right under the dampener washer? Also I saw that you use teflon tape as well, what is the reason for that? Thanks
Number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 11:10 AM   #576
Tech Fanatic

Mike - On the TC3, do you shim the drive train like the book says or do you do anything different?
Chill Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 03:44 PM   #577
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Chill- I replyed back to your PM on that, give me a shout. Every car needs a little different touch. Even though they all go through the same mold, I have never shimmed any of my three cars the same. Plus, if you use a spool or IRS diffs this could change the way you shim as well.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:34 PM   #578
Tech Fanatic

I was going to call you also.
Old 09-18-2004, 04:32 PM   #579
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

hi mike.....

what mods did you make on your exhaust system at the roar nitro nats????

did you use the yokomo centax clutch?? what spur/gear combination did you run???

BTW>>> I asked you for a lot of info, so I suggest you to post the whole setup here.....

thanks!!!!!

O.S. Engines - KM RACING - CONTACT TYRES - SAVOX - LRP - ARC | Blitz | Titan
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 09:21 AM   #580
Tech Addict

johnbull.. I did not run the car until the practice session we had in florida.. And now recently on carpet.. I think people are really going to like the car , It has a bew Balanced feel with great corner speed.. I know i for one am hooked and can not wait till this year....

mtc3od... YES..... I put pretty close to my last years carpet setup on the car and it was as good if not better then my best tc3 on carpet last year......

Smalls.. I have not got that far with the car.. When i get some more parts in i will tear it apart and let you know.. But i think it will work the same way,, But i could be wrong..

berger.. I am running med springs with 728 brush's.. This seems to be the best starting point.... As for the Game i am getting better but have not had the time to play with it yet.. Just wait ;-)

Nella-Nobrob .. I am sure there will be some setups on the web. As of right now we are playing with the tc3 as starting points and then learning the car.. So wait till after the worlds and i am sure there will be stuff on there.. I wish i had somewhere to run the car outside or i could help ya here....

Wency_TA03R-PRO .. Wow that is alot of motor.. The hottest i have run is 7 double but i usually run 8's .. For gear with a 75 i run 22-24 and so i would guess with a 6 20-22 ??? Hope this helps

Number 11... Trinity red stuff , i use just a slight coating.. not enough to stop the plates but enough to feel a slight dampning....

Chill Will.. Yes .. just like the book says... With the new cases i might have to add one more shim on the diff. But it is on the same side as the books says...

SalvadoriRacing .. LOL.. I have no idea.. All i do with gas is drive .. Curtis did all the engine stuff.. My setup should be posted on the website soon.....

Sorry for the delay guys...

Thanks again for all the support and the great questions.. Hope i can help a few of you...

Mike
Old 09-21-2004, 10:21 AM   #581
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Hello Mike. For touring car, do you have any easy fixes to stop traction rolling? Car is awesome except that.
I've lowered it as much as possible and reduced droop.

Thanks
John
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:18 AM   #582
Tech Addict

JohnBl... Try superglueing the edges of all four tires... This should help some also.. also try and free up the rear end by lowering the roll centers .. See if this might help...
Old 09-21-2004, 11:42 AM   #583
Tech Fanatic

Mike - Right now I have Barry Bakers Reedy race setup on my car. It works great for the first 3 laps till the tires heat up then it pushes like crazy. Any sugestions? I'm running CS27s..... I thought about making bigger holes in the wheels.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:41 PM   #584
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

not to step on your toes Mike...

Chill I sent you Arun's setup... I tried it and it was dialed on Fernando's track... give it a try. It worked well for me.
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 08:41 PM   #585
Tech Master

Exclamation

Tnx mike.. I appreciate it very much...

Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote