R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-10-2004, 08:31 PM   #556
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Eric....

I do not think we will have a problem getting the new car to work... Just going to need some time with it to see what it likes..... As for the 19th you never know.. I just might be there,, Depends on some parts i am waiting for ...

Mike
Old 09-10-2004, 08:32 PM   #557
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mike,

I have seen pictures of your 12th scale in the past and you had some sort of screws in place of the hinge pins on the front end. Can you explain what you did and why?

Thanks!!!
stumper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 08:38 PM   #558
Tech Addict

Stumper.... As the molds of the front ends were getting older the caster from side to side was off.. So i drilled out the arms and tapped the 10 degree block and put screws going in each way to set the caster perfect for each side.... This way i could adjust it very easy...

I think they have fixed the problem with the new front end parts...

Mike
Old 09-10-2004, 08:59 PM   #559
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok Mike, my turn to ask the off-beat questions....

Stick packs..... I run the Tamiya F201 electric cars using 19 turn and stock motors, and I've been trying to find the best battery maintenance for 3300 GPs, 1.16 from SMC and more about the same numbers. All are stick packs that I bought and a couple that I made, Deans connectors all around.

Right now I charge them ( CE Turbo 35 BL ) at 5.8 AMPS
Cut-off at .04 , then run a peak at 6.0 right before the race.
The day/night before the next race I dis-charge them ( Integy 30 amp dis-charger with auto cut-off ), wait for them to cool of and then charge them up. Can't use a dis-charge tray and from what I've read/heard dead-shorting stick packs is a no-no....

The same pack nevers seems to get the same punch week to week....

Thanks in advance....
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 09:08 PM   #560
Tech Addict

Nova F1 Racer.. Hmmm.. I know that GP's are VERY temp sensitive... So make sure not to get them hot as they will not run right the 2nd time after that,,, What i would do is cycle them and see where they are at or where they went .. If they all have died pretty much then try dead shorting them... This will get the punch back up.. But once you do this always do it .... But unless you have a tray or something to equalize all the cells .. then this is you only other option i think...

Sorry i could not be of more help ...

Mike
Old 09-10-2004, 09:11 PM   #561
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Blackstock
SalvadoriRacing ... Thanks.... I ran a Rex that O'Donnel worked up... The motor was very good maybe a tooth short on the top end but the motor was perfect for the hour long main...

Mike
thanks mike!!!

do you know if the engines version was the Re12 or ReR12????
And tell us if there is any possibility of you coming here in Brazil to atend the 1/10 200mm worlds....=]=]=]=]=]=]

O.S. Engines - KM RACING - CONTACT TYRES - SAVOX - LRP - ARC | Blitz | Titan
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 09:16 PM   #562
Tech Addict

SalvadoriRacing .. No idea wich one it was.. I am a electric racer hahaha.....

As for brazil.. the only way i could go was to not go to the electric worlds.. I do not see that happening right now..

Mike
Old 09-10-2004, 09:42 PM   #563
Tech Rookie

Mike
On your 12th scale, what thickness of washer do you put under the pivot balls to set roll center?
novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 06:30 AM   #564
Tech Master

Exclamation

Tnx mike for the replies on my queries.. I appreciate it very much..
Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 07:58 AM   #565
Tech Addict

novak... Sometimes i put .020 washer under the front ball, But only if the car needs more rotation... The last few races i have ran the t-bar without any washers...

Wency_TA03R-PRO... No problem.. Hope i could help....

Mike
Old 09-11-2004, 08:35 AM   #566
Tech Master

Mike sorry we missed you when you were here for the .(top secret test session.). We would have left pit trailer and generator for your use. (yes it has ac) haha Will see you in Oct.
tmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 10:57 AM   #567
Tech Addict

tmunno.. That would have been nice thanks.... The weather was brutal for us ... But we did get some good testing in ..... See ya in a few weeks and good luck with the ivan...

Mike
Old 09-11-2004, 02:40 PM   #568
Tech Master

Mike. Greetings from Malta.

Tell me something. Now that you are allowed to talk about it, how long have you been working on the TC4 ?

I know lots of bits have been tried individually. We tried them too and in most cases I put them on my son's Championship winning TC3 - cells moved towards the centre, upright inner top link ball joints, rear shock tower up front, no kick up or anti squat, etc.

We tried the steering with levers but Josh didn't like it so we have stayed with the stock rack. The levers gave too much ackerman but I see they have different geometry on the TC4.

Now you can talk, tell us all about it.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 11:10 PM   #569
Tech Regular

Hey Mike,
Do you think that the "old" tc3 setups could possibly be a good starting point for the tc4.
Chris
mtc3od is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 11:58 PM   #570
Tech Adept

With the TC4, do you know if the F block will work in the rear? I see you can only get 3,2.5 and 2.0 rear toe. ( correct me if I am wrong) If I wanted say.... 1 degree of rear toe would I use an f block with a 2.5 block?
Smalls is offline   Reply With Quote