R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-12-2004, 09:53 PM   #511
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You probably won't notice the difference in acceleration between aluminum and composite outdrives in modified. People use the aluminum primarily for added durability.

dbl pink and dbl pink/orange will tend to wear a little quicker than the purple/plaid set-up. However, they might not chop down your lap times, and could make your lap times slower in some circumstances. The added grip could slow you slightly around turns by not allowing the car to pivot. But, the two tire setups are similar. as always, if you crash once that'll make the difference as well.
071crazy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 05:24 AM   #512
Tech Master

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Blackstock

Wency_TA03R-PRO .. I wish i could help you more.. But what everyone said on here is what i would try.. But i think there might be a problem somewhere in the speedo...

Mike
ok.. I'll try it out.. tnx..
Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 12:03 PM   #513
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tandman
Default + & -

Hey, I just wanted someone to clarify the + cut and the - cut on the reedy brushes for the reedy 19 turn quad mag. Do you cut a + in the full face of the brush so that it looks like four little segments? Does the - cut on the - brush extend the full width of the brush so that it has a top segment and a lower segment?
Thanks
tandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 12:11 PM   #514
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

tandman.. CORRECT...

Mike
Old 08-14-2004, 12:13 PM   #515
Tech Elite

Default Thanks

Thanks Mike. I am racing at the event up here in Canada next weekend with Barry. I'll see how my TC3 and I get on when the big dog comes to town!
Old 08-14-2004, 02:52 PM   #516
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Flack

Hey, my nitro car is running 300 but its not very fast, do you have any ideas to help tune it?

Oh, and my car is LOOSE, can you help that too?
Bobby Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 03:21 PM   #517
Tech Addict

Default Use of brakes

I am just learning how to drive ( 12 races 4 months) a Stock 1/10 touring car.
I do not use the brake function of my transmitter/ESC. When trying to slow down I never move the throttle past the zero point into the brake area. When I need to slow I just let up on the throttle and let the braking power of the motor slow the car.

I am not sure this right or ideal way to drive. Am I developing a bad driving style;i.e. should I be practicing braking even if intially it causes the car to be hard to control. or can I be a competitve driver with just using the throttle trigger for varying speed.

Any advice would be appreciated.
--------------------------------------------------
When I read most of the posts from experienced drivers it sounds like the key to being fast is fine tuning the car's setup (dialed) and then simply following the right 'line'; they make it almost sound like a properly setup car, following the proper line, can circle the track at full throttle.

My expereince is that throttle control is the most difficult thing to get right. I am at the point now where I can keep up with most other drivers rounding the turn before the straight away at full throttle, down the straight and staying on full throttle around the corner at the end of the straight away .
.. it is all the turns and the chicanes on the back side where I have to slow way down to keep control.
imjonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 05:23 PM   #518
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Depends on the track

It's a good start to avoid using the brake and trying to keep a smooth flowing line on the track. On some tight road courses a little brake here and there will help pivot the car appropriately. But, the technical way to figure out what's best is to use a lap counter to monitor your progress. But, if you're braking for every single corner that's probably not a good sign to begin with.
071crazy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 09:59 PM   #519
Tech Elite

Default 19 turn reedy

One more question about the Reedy 19 quad mag, what gearing were you guys running for a medium to large flowing track?
Thanks
Old 08-18-2004, 02:23 AM   #520
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to BlackFlagRacing

Mike,
The set-up posted on the previous page for the 12L4, what rear axle blocks (Ride Height) are you using, #1? also what are the stock front springs? Last one, do you have any pics of how you mount your servo to the chassis? looking for position of the servo/turnbuckles. Thanks Rob
BlackFlagRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 02:47 PM   #521
Tech Initiate

Hello Mike

Why do you never run the inner spill plates on mazda6/alfa2 bodies? Do they increase rear-end stability?

Do you think the Mazda6 is the most dialed body out there for asphalt?

Thanks,
Old 08-19-2004, 09:52 PM   #522
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

imjonah.. .....071crazy said it best.. Try to use as little brakes as possible... But sometimes brakes are the only option the use them and learn how the use them properly...

tandman ... Man i do not remember off the top of my head.. So here is a guess but should be close .. somewere around 33-35 100 will get you started...

BlackFlagRacing.. I use #2 axle ride heigths up ... My servo i run flat on the chassis .. The created bump steer in wich i think helps the car turn in better.... I put the servo as far forward as the turnbuckles will allow and still be free and not hitting anything...

Hagberg.. No i do not run the plates.. Anytime we did that it stuck the car too much and lost lap times.. Maybe if the track is super slippery then i would try them ...

I think right now the mazda or the stratus 2.0 are the best with the edge going to the mazda...

Mike
Old 08-20-2004, 02:52 PM   #523
Tech Master

I presume you're going to Florida, in which case GOOD LUCK.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 06:15 PM   #524
Regional Moderator

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Racer_Chick Send a message via MSN to Racer_Chick

Hey Mike,
The state race was a lot of fun (when it wasn't raining .) lol. There was some pretty good racing going on and it's only going to get better in October. See you at the worlds!
Old 08-22-2004, 08:32 PM   #525
Tech Rookie

Mike,

In 12th scale, what is the effect of lowering the roll center?
novak is offline   Reply With Quote