R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-23-2004, 12:13 PM   #481
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Black Kat: Please let Mike answer his own questions... plus that's completely wrong!

The use of a one-way depends a lot on a driver's style, but in most cases they will experiment with it unless there is an over-abundance of traction (e.g. foam tires on carpet) or very little traction.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:18 PM   #482
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

WOW Black Kat....Please tell us that you were only joking

BTW Mike....Good job at the Nats!!!

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 12:24 PM   #483
Tech Master

I'm only talking about the TC3 here....I've driven other one-way equipped cars with sucess...But the TC3 has always been a different case for some reason..My hand appriciates having more rear end traction than steering in most cases
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 10:25 AM   #484
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Black Kat.. The setup we used at the pre worlds was the reedy race setup from this and last year.. IT is on the associated web site.. We tried both a spool and one way . I like the spool better , But the one -way was faster up front so i am not sure what we are going to run ...

RC Paperboy ... On my 1/12th scale i use unflanged bearings in the front.. Somethimes on carpet i will run one flanged bearing on the inside to widen the car out some , but most of the time it is unflanged....

Taz_S .. It was nice to put a face with the name.... As for my 1.12th scale man it just seemed like the car was broken in the mains i was doing all i could just to make it around the track, Not sure what happend .. But she was awesome in Quals... Got lucky to finish 2nd and have a chance....

CurtDawg .. I tried a top deck one time on carpet and did not like it.. Felt like the car was tweaked so i took it off and have never tried it since....I would think it would stop the chassis from trying to twist, But i am not sure this is good or bad.. So i guess try one and see what you think.. I did not like it when i did it ...

fatbear... Not bad luck .. Just something happend to my car.. I wish i knew at this moment but i do not know what it was.. here is the setup i ran in portland...

1/12th scale setup portland nationals...

Front end.. .018 front springs , Double pink fronts 1.72 10 degree block -2 deg camber 4 deg caster ride height 3mm

Rear End.. T-bar .063 no center screw 40 wt in shock with gold spring. Pink rears cut to 1.88 trinity red stuff for dampening also on front king pins ...

Protoform speed 12 body .. Reedy PT 9x2 Geared 26/100

If i missed anything please let me know ..

Evicerator.... Thanks man... See ya soon.... Thanks for the support.....

jrrc .. I guess it depends... Tight tracks i prefer not too. But every outdoor race unless we can not run them. We give them a try to see if they are faster .. But so far this year all the tracks spools have been just as fast.. So i am not real sure.. I know on carpet you DO NOT want one .....

tmunno ... I doubt i will be there before the worlds... But ya never know .. But as of right now no plans to run there or the state series race ... BUMMER :-(

PW.... Thanks!!!... You too way to clean up 19t and great showing in mod.. We had some good battles there..
Old 07-27-2004, 09:34 PM   #485
Tech Elite

Mike, I figure you have had this question more than a few times. I'm running on a Low Traction Outdoor Asphalt track running foams. Could you recommend a set-up. I know you mainly run on carpet like myself. I looked on the AE website but didn't see anything.
Chris Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:16 AM   #486
Tech Addict

Chris Reilly... I have run outdoors a few times with foams and the be honest the best setup i have run is the cleveland setup posted .. Try that without the F block in the rear and put the standard R block with 3+0 in the rear... Also run alittle lighter oil like 50 #3's and 40 #3's This should get you close

I ran plaid fronts and purple rears then .. so maybe try double pink /orand and double pink rears for more bite ??

Good luck and let me know

Mike
Old 07-28-2004, 07:25 AM   #487
Tech Master

Sorry your not coming down for that race. Tell the bosses that Barry needs adult supervision, and maybe they will send you!!! j/k

We were going to race and hit Mickey's house that weekend.
tmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 10:36 AM   #488
Tech Addict

tmunno .. I am sorry too.. But you never know what might happen there is still time.. But right now not looking good.. I am not sure barry is going either, I know he has a race in Canada sometime that week or the week before but who knows... Have fun at mickey land and i will see you guys in october or sooner..

Mike
Old 07-28-2004, 10:54 AM   #489
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Quote:
Originally posted by tmunno
Sorry your not coming down for that race. Tell the bosses that Barry needs adult supervision, and maybe they will send you!!! j/k

We were going to race and hit Mickey's house that weekend.
You bringing everyone over to Pleasure Island to party?
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 11:11 AM   #490
Tech Elite

Mike,

Thanks for the input. I will try your set-up as well what is currently on the car. Our set-ups are really close. I have #2 pistons in the shocks with similar oils to your Clevland set-up. I'm running the Reedy Ti 8 Double and 9 Double. Should i use the same gearing as the Reedy KR ? What roll out would you recommend ? Todd hodge and Matt francis will be at our race this weekend in the Mississauga,Ontario,Canada. Mike McMahon will be there as well.

Thanks Again,

Chris Reilly
Chris Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 11:24 AM   #491
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

No problem Mike, it's always a pleasure working with ya!

I believe you should have some stuff on the way... and some more stuff coming fairly soon as well...?
Old 07-28-2004, 09:17 PM   #492
Tech Regular

Hey Mike I have a question for you. Do you ever run a looser front diff than the rear diff on your foam sedan on carpet? A car with a looser front diff than the rear should have a lot of stearing right?

For your 12 scale you only space the front ball under the t-bar right? Or do you space both of the pivot balls under the t-bar?
Vue Vang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 06:38 AM   #493
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by TSR6

We could!!!!! Troy come over and race that weekend. It's right down the street from where you live and work.
tmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 08:23 AM   #494
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to lmunno

Quote:
Originally posted by TSR6
Troy: Can you get us any passes?????
lmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 06:16 PM   #495
Tech Master

Unhappy FT TC3

Hello mike .. good day...... I badly need your ipinion here..

My cousin got a FT TC3 car. it is equipped with novak GT7, futaba 2 channel receiver, high torque high speed servo and a tamiya 11 turn motor.

Here goes the problem;
While in the race track it totally stop!. I check the car. It still has a control on the steering but the motor won't run!. I check the electronics wirings no problem seen! I replace the cystals still the motor won't run. I replace the receiver still the motor won't run. I replace the ESC still the motor won't run. I direct the motor to the battery it sure did run! but as I return the wiring the motor still don't run eventhough the LED light indicator on the GT7 do activates..

What can you suggest to do?.. any opinion?.. Tnx in advance
Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote