R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-28-2004, 05:29 AM   #436
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Blackstock
Wency_TA03R-PRO.. I would stay with 48 pitch.. I recently switched from 64 to 48 for outdoors.. I like it alot better.. less hurting spur gears and easier to get a good mesh and not as easy to strip. Pluse if you get dirt etc it do's not effect as much.. Only downside there is not alot of room to play with ratio's as with 64 pitch.. But that is something i do not think you need to worry about..

Mike Blackstock
ah ok so you insist not to go with the 64 pitch.. ok get you point there.. So what about on changing the 72 teeth spur gear do what if I change it let say 75 or 76? what will be the pros and cons?. or do I need to reduce the spur gear and increas the no. of pinion gear? what should I do in order to attain much more speed and torque on that kit?.. tnx in advance and from your previous reply.. I really appreciate it bro!!.
Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 10:36 AM   #437
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wency_TA03R-PRO..The only benefits from changing spur size's are the different ratio's you are looking for.. Say like a 21-75 vs a 21-72 .. The 21 /75 is going to be a higher ratio = slower top end more torque but may be what you need to make the run time you need... We play with spurs for getting the motor geared correct.. Hope i helped...

I have also found the biggest spur you can run to get your ratio the more efficent it is also...

Mike
Old 06-28-2004, 11:19 AM   #438
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Mike hey how ya doin!
listen I do a lot of twelve scale. for a long time I have run a 100 spur gear.
we run a lot of 19t four cell mod here in florida.
I have just recently started experimenting with 96 and 98 spur gears. I do run stock at the nats and snowbirds, I know you run mod do you have a preference in spurs!
is there a change in the motors ability to run more effeiciant in a certain power band range of certain spurs sizes, I know a motor works in a certain power band but is it likely for the motor to be most effeciant and powerful with a 100 spur or lets say a 96.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:47 AM   #439
Tech Addict

speedxl... I Usually run the biggest spur i can run.. So mostly i run 100-104.. I only run the 96 or so when running stock to get the motor to fit..... That is the only reason....

Mike
Old 06-28-2004, 01:47 PM   #440
Tech Elite

Thanks mike thats answer it !
I figured to run the largest gear possible aswell but seen some guys running 96 and 98 thinking it was for a reason other to make a larger pinion fit!

Back to 100 spur for me thanks!
Old 06-29-2004, 02:14 PM   #441
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Mike,

I'm sure you've been asked before, but don't shoot me LOL

what front and rear blocks do you use?
like f-0, f and r and r-2-0 ???

And I know you guys have experimented with shimming and milling some of the blocks. What has worked best for the tc3 on carpet?

Thanks

Michael
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 06:55 PM   #442
Tech Elite

oh now you ask that question after I have gone and bought 5 sets of the f-0 and r-2-0 blocks and 5 sets of the 4 degree caster blocks
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 07:39 PM   #443
Tech Master

You are too lazy to make any chages Robert anyways...
Old 07-04-2004, 06:12 PM   #444
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Blackstock
Wency_TA03R-PRO..The only benefits from changing spur size's are the different ratio's you are looking for.. Say like a 21-75 vs a 21-72 .. The 21 /75 is going to be a higher ratio = slower top end more torque but may be what you need to make the run time you need... We play with spurs for getting the motor geared correct.. Hope i helped...

I have also found the biggest spur you can run to get your ratio the more efficent it is also...

Mike
So 21/72 will be more on top end and a bit less on torque is that right?... so do you prefer not to go/change my spur gear of 72?. What's the biggest spur you found 48 pitch??.. What pinion should I start with that?..
Old 07-10-2004, 10:47 AM   #445
Tech Master

Where in the world is Mike B??? LOL

I ask a question and he disappears

Now if only I could work on those skills to really get rid of some people I don't like
Old 07-10-2004, 01:07 PM   #446
R/C Tech Founder

Mike is probably gearing up for the ROAR Nats, I know a lot of guys are arriving in Portland right now for the race.
Old 07-10-2004, 03:40 PM   #447
Tech Master

thanks for the info shane... almost as bad as you LOL you ever get my email or pm from the other day????
Old 07-10-2004, 06:02 PM   #448
Tech Master

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
Mike is probably gearing up for the ROAR Nats, I know a lot of guys are arriving in Portland right now for the race.

Ah Ok.. so how long will the race be?.. will it cover the whole week?.. Just asking sir...
Old 07-10-2004, 09:00 PM   #449
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to S-T-R-l-K-E-R

mike - HELP!! we have an epidemic!!!! all the T.C. racers have the PT curse!! normally our PT motor would just run 2 - 3 runs and then it will crawl to a stop. after inspection we would find that the comm is blackend out. what could be causing it? PT is the usual victim of this.

thanks in advance!!!
S-T-R-l-K-E-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 09:14 AM   #450
Tech Addict

Sorry for the delay guys.. I have been busy preparing for the outdoor nat's this next weekend and have not had much time to check this place out ...

Tempest2000.. I run on carpet f-0 block in the front or i will cut down the f block and the bumper to give me anti-dive or f negative 1 or 2 ... For the Rear i run the F block on carpet with a 3+2 in the rear this will give me about 1.5 a side of toe in and pretty close to flat squat .... Hope this helps...

Wency_TA03R-PRO.. Correct on the 72 gear.. The biggest i run is 75 right now . Not sure if anyone makes any bigger but i will look into that in the future.. I hope there are something like a 78 .. But we will see.. Pinions for stock or mod ?? if mod 8-9 turn somewhere aroun 20-24 stock i am guessing 27-29 maybe ???

futureal.. Thanks for the shout here.. I am home still leave tuesday morning.. But trying to get stuff done right now since i am running two class's this time.... See ya there...

Wency_TA03R-PRO.. Practice starts i think monday and the race runs till the end of the week .. With Quals on friday and sat and mains sunday...

S-T-R-l-K-E-R .. Never heard of this before?? Is this after trueing etc ??? I usually do not run the PT in touring. The KR is better suited in my opinion.. IF the track is real big and high speed and it is hot outside you might also want to try and old TI motor . I wish i could help more.. What brushs and springs , Timing etc???? Give me some more details and maybe we can get you in the right direction.. IF i do not answer right away be patient i am leaving for the nat's this week and will not return till the following monday...

Thanks

Mike Blackstock