R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-08-2004, 09:14 PM   #31
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Greg...... Not sure if it will be out in time.. I know they are waiting on some parts to get the kits out. So i doubt it at this time. I also think roar has a rule about that....

Lowline.. When we spaced it up it helped with the car flipping over or lifting. I know it is weird but last week at the track i went back and forth and could not tell a bit of difference other then on the hight bite track like trackside where it did just that.... you try it and tell me what you think.. More opinions the better...

BigDog... Thanks man ....

Hebiki.... I ran 767's with a hole in the brush.. Never played that much with two different brush's .. I also ran the stock springs Bent past 180 so basically like purples or stiffer... If i run one lighter it is always the neg....
Old 03-08-2004, 09:26 PM   #32
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Mike, have you tried raising the front and rear towers, not just the front?

What about running the upper outside camber link hole in front, I heard it's supposed to smooth out the steering and give the car more corner speed.

USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 09:27 PM   #33
Tech Addict

Ike.. I think the new car will be better then the older versions.. Her is why. First off this will be a 4 cell chassis with mininmal cut outs so the chassis will be stiffer wich will make the suspension do the work not the chassis flex.. 2nd the adjustments with the new car will make the car (hopefully) Work in all situations...

AS for the TC3 I run a small bar on the front and none on the back. I feel like the back of the cars feels better without it less choppy or loose. I think for stock no bars are the best bet .. But you need to go alittle stiffer front spring.. I would look at Sean or Billy's setup from cleveland a few years back and add the rear tower ..... As for the one way.. NO WAY on carpet.. I think you would find yourself all over the track with it.. I might be wrong since i run mod but i can never drive one at all on carpet....

Barry... Well man it is all because of your knowledge.. WAIT.. I have been racing longer ... Just kidding.. You are truly one of the best teamates out there.. Thanks man.....

Speediephatt.. No problem.. Just hope i can help you guys....

Brian... I feel like Ackerman is truly a feel for the driver.. I know i like a car that is not so drastic so i run alittle less then most people....

AWOL... your guess is as good as mine.. Why do we need a new car when we keep learning new things every year ;-)

Rodney.. Running the antidive will take away some of that over agressive front end entering the corner . I feel like the car stays flater there for is alittle easier entering the corners. Now there are some tracks that just hate it .. So play with it...

WYD... I spaced up both front and rear towers .030

Da4Head.. I have been running 10 turns the last few weeks preparing for the nat's.. I like the doubles better. Seem to be alittle more efficient with good top and bottom end.. I am running the springs bent alittle stiffer with 18-24 deg of timing.. 766 brush
As for gear here i am anywhere from 27-30 / 100 with a 2.28 tire....

Davidl.... Thanks man... Good front end you got there... ;-)

Mike Blackstock
Old 03-08-2004, 09:29 PM   #34
Tech Addict

Brian... I run the front camber link out and up.. The reason i run there is the car reacts faster not more turn in just not dead anymore.. But it may feel like more turn in because it is responsive...

The answer to the anti dive is up there........
Old 03-08-2004, 09:30 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Thanks Mike
USVTA Member #211

Old 03-08-2004, 09:31 PM   #36
R/C Tech Founder

Hey Mike, just wanted to say thanks for doing a thread on here. You even drew Barry out to post.

I'm looking forward to the Nats in a few weeks. Hopefully I'll get more sleep than Snowbirds!
Old 03-08-2004, 09:34 PM   #37
Tech Addict

Futureal... No problem.. My pleasure... As for Barry.. He is one busy dude.. Not sure how he do's it all sometimes.. I know he has no time to be on here let alone race all the time...\

There are some many tc3 owners out there. I hope i can help a few of them and have some of them help me too... With all these people trying different stuff we can hit on more and more things...

See ya at the nat's.

Mike
Old 03-08-2004, 09:45 PM   #38
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Mike,

Have you tried replacing the original TC3 steering rack with the swing rack from the NTC3. Care to mention the pros and cons with the conversion.
Da4head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 09:45 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Mike, you hear about your old pal Brian at the triple crown race from eric?
USVTA Member #211

Old 03-08-2004, 09:49 PM   #40
Tech Addict

DA4Head... I ran that at cleveland 2 years ago. But i could never get the car to react fast enough with all the ackerman change it did . So when i went back to the stock rack the car was much better for me.. I think the style is better but just not made for carpet type racing for me. Now i think this is a driver preference so what works for me might not for you..

Brian.. What happen?? Anything good ??
Old 03-08-2004, 09:52 PM   #41
Tech Elite

He TQ'd mod TC...

Car was unbelieveably fast...I think he gave eric a headache
USVTA Member #211

Old 03-08-2004, 09:59 PM   #42
Tech Addict

Awesome... Wish i could have made it out to the race.. But alot of race's coming up and that was too close to the birds to be away,,,

See ya in a few weeks...

Mike
Old 03-08-2004, 10:02 PM   #43
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Adam Hartzell

Mike--How smooth is the carpet for nats? Just wondering if I should bring some soft t-bars for mod or not.
Adam Hartzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 10:24 PM   #44
Tech Regular

Default Thanks Mike.

Two quick Quesitons Mike:

1. Do you recommend Losi hub carriers/caster blocks anywhere on a stock carpet rubber car?

2. Why go to a rear shock tower in the front?

Thanks!

Matt Clinton
MClinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 10:34 PM   #45

Mike, do you make the modifications to the arm mounts? If you do, could you confirm these measurements for me, as I plan on machining the parts. From what I know, you run the 3+2 block in the rear, and the F block in the rear in place of the R block, and you take .080" off both of those. On the front, the F block along with the F-0 block is used, and you take .080' off both of those, along with lowering the ribs on the chassis, and machining the front bumper to allow the modified parts to fit correctly.

Thanks,
Josh
Speedo is offline   Reply With Quote