R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-07-2004, 01:49 PM   #406
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hello Mike.

Need help finding a part number for the new front blocks for 12L4?

Try to find it on the web site but no luck.
Old 06-11-2004, 07:51 AM   #407
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

BuddyB... Hey man.. I will come up there once in a while to check things out .. When i build the new 1/12th i will come out and test with you guys.....

SalvadoriRacing... I ran mostly FX2 .. That was the only thing that worked for me.... Hope this helps.. I know other guys were playing with stuff , But no one could tell what it was since it was in clear bottles...

JoshR 85.. Did you get this sorted out??? We do not run stiff bars outside.. .055 is the largest i have run... Try the Reedy race setup on www.rc10.com barry's it is a very good starting setup and can get you close...

Taz_S.. I sent you the # hope you found it...
Old 06-11-2004, 07:55 AM   #408
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

thanks mike!

I bought a bottle of FXII.....

do you clean the tires, let them dry and then apply the FXII?????

O.S. Engines - KM RACING - CONTACT TYRES - SAVOX - LRP - ARC | Blitz | Titan
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 08:35 AM   #409
Tech Addict

SalvadoriRacing.. usually clean them with motorspray then put on wipe off and let dry then run..

Hope this helps..

Mike
Old 06-11-2004, 10:16 AM   #410
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Flack

Whats up Mr. Blackstock? Hope all is well. I'll yell at you on AIM sometime to see whats goin on.
Bobby Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 10:37 AM   #411
Tech Addict

going good here mr. nitro racer ;-)... I will come play one of these weeks in toledo, But promise not to be too hard on me ...

Mike
Old 06-14-2004, 09:03 AM   #412
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Flack

Isn't that what i'm supposed to say to you?
Bobby Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 02:50 PM   #413
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Mike...

I need your opinion on 12th scale bodies.

I've been running the lightweight parma Speed 8 mostly. Which bodies do you like the best for high bite carpet like cleveland/snowbirds?

2nd question. What 12th bodies would you pick for outdoor on say a medium bite outdoor track?

Thanks for your help

Michael
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 03:16 PM   #414
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey

Mike, i have a slight problem with one of my reedy quad mag spec motors, and i was wondering if you could help me.

well, the problem is that about every 2 meters on the track it will decelerate on its own, and then accelerate again. the motor has been skimmed with new brushes and when i tried it, the same happened, i have 2 other spec motors that came from the same shop and are perfectly ok.

the thing is, the motor was perfect and was stupidly fast but all of a sudden if went all dodgey...at first i thought it was interfearance, but when it happened the next meeting (the exact same happened) i gathered it wasnt (after trying several crystals and 2 transmitters)

you have any ideas to what it could be?

thanks
matt
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 03:20 PM   #415
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Exclamation

Mike Blackstock: Superdialed!!!
Old 06-17-2004, 10:52 AM   #416
Tech Addict

Bobby.... Not now that you are a seasoned nitro racer ;-0) I will be at the nat's .. I hope to have all my stuff here in a few weeks so i can come on over to toledo and get some practice in before the race.. You going to the outdoor nat's in Portland?????

Tempest2000.. Right now i like the new protoform speed 12 body.. This is the only one i have run the past year and have had very good success with it.. As for outdoors i would say the same thing.. I am going to do some body testing here soon and we will find out wich one i choose for the nat's .. But right now the speed 12 is the choice...

raving-monkey.. Could it be a bent brush hood??? Maybe making the brush stuck?? or could the armature have a short?? Try a different arm in the motor and see if it do's it and try that arm in a different can and endbell and see if it do's it.. Try to eliminate what ever it is ... Wish i could help you more...

Mike Blackstock
Old 06-17-2004, 10:53 AM   #417
Tech Addict

Evicerator.. LOL.. thanks... When i am going to get some stuff?? I need to start testing in 1/12th and have no more ;-(

E-mail me ...

Mike
Old 06-17-2004, 11:09 AM   #418
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Blackstock

raving-monkey.. Could it be a bent brush hood??? Maybe making the brush stuck?? or could the armature have a short?? Try a different arm in the motor and see if it do's it and try that arm in a different can and endbell and see if it do's it.. Try to eliminate what ever it is ... Wish i could help you more...

Mike Blackstock
thanks Mike, i will hopefully try it on saturday
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 09:49 AM   #419
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Mike does associted have anything going on in a new touring car? before I buy a new one would like a heads up. should I wait a little longer to buy or is there no new car in the near future.
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 10:30 AM   #420
Tech Addict

John,

I have no idea what is going on.. I just know that we are going to be using the TC3 for the nat's and the worlds.. So if they have something new, I do not know about it ... Wish i could help you there...

Mike