R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-05-2004, 10:49 AM   #331
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

So did you have fun in Florida on the asphalt?? Gonna be ready for the Reedy at the end of the month?
Old 05-06-2004, 07:16 AM   #332
Tech Initiate

what method do you use to measure your droop on your tc3?
thanks
micro speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 11:49 AM   #333
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 12L3 problems - 911

Hello Mike. Had a big problem with my L3 last weekend. The rear end start hopping in the corners really bad. Seemed the worst on power and but a little off power. Too much traction?
I usually run green or grey tires on our track (indoor low-med bite carpet). I tried several sets of front and rear tires - green grey, yellow, white, even with some old purple; didn't seem to matter.
For setup I'm running:
35 wt.
Green spring
was 063 T bar, went to 075, no help
Green slime on disk.

Not sure where to turn. Diff is silky smooth. Ride height about 3mm.

BTW - Got a the 10x1 PT and love it!

take care
john
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 07:00 PM   #334
Tech Addict

JohnB .. I did not run 1/12th scale at the warmup. But i was watching what everyone was doing. Hopefully when i go back for the worlds i will be prepared....

tmunno.. That all sounds like a hoot of fun.. Not sure the rest of the family will be with me this time around :-(

BuddyB. Sorry for the late post.. But no more carpet for me until after the reedy race then i might run some. But mostly will be outdoors gas or electric...

fathead .. The pt is a great motor for 1/12th .. I run reedy 728's with alittle siffer spring then stock, or you could bend them about 180 or so...

Doug Gaut.. Doung i would go heavier oil and maybe lower the rear pins some .. This should help. But more then likely it might be a tire issue.. I do not have a ton of experience on rubbers.. You might also wanna try a bigger front bar or a longer rear camber link to get more roll in the rear.. Maybe a shorter front camber link also.. All these are suggestions.. Let me know how it works..

Evicerator.. I had a blast. I learned a ton and actually had a pretty good car. But i was the motor man down there so i was real busy most of the time doing mine,barry's and masami's motors... I am ready for the reedy race right now ;-)

micro speed.. I use the Associated droop tool with the kit. I measure the outside of the arm.. Or you could just measure the amount of travel you have when lifting the car like say 1-4 mm front droop or 3-5 mm rear droop...

JohnB.. Try a .075 with trinity red stuff on dampner and the front king pins with .020 springs .. Sounds like your rear dampning might have been off.. Where you using the center screw ??? Run 40 wt in the center shock with the green or silver spring you might have been too soft.. purple front tires and pink rears or whites.... Try this .. Glad you like the pt...

Thanks for all the goodlucks... Going to be a fun summer....

Mike Blackstock
Old 05-06-2004, 07:18 PM   #335
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mike, what is a good starting point for the 1/12th front end for outside?
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 08:11 PM   #336
Tech Master

Mike, we will try to drag you away from the track for an evening at Disney. It beats playing golf. (rides are better then putting)
tmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 09:16 PM   #337
Tech Fanatic

Not when Mike has a 15 footer for some money....LOL
Barry Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 03:39 AM   #338
Tech Addict

Thanks for the info Mike, much appreciated
Old 05-07-2004, 10:44 AM   #339
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Blackstock
JohnB... Try a .075 with trinity red stuff on dampner and the front king pins with .020 springs .. Sounds like your rear dampning might have been off.. Where you using the center screw ??? Run 40 wt in the center shock with the green or silver spring you might have been too soft.. purple front tires and pink rears or whites.... Try this .. Glad you like the pt...

Mike Blackstock
Yes, I did try .020 springs, and put the .018 back on. I will go back to the .020. Don't have any red stuff, is it thinker or thinner than green slime?
With the 063 T bar I had three screws. Only had 2 in the 075 so I will put the third in and go up to 40 wt.

Thank you very much and I'll let you know what happens.

take care
john
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 03:13 PM   #340
Tech Adept

Hey Mike,

Could you please post your setup from the pre worlds Track

Thanks
noline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 05:44 PM   #341
Tech Addict

Based on the numbers that he and Chicky threw on the card 2 weeks ago....Mike should not be playing for money!!! Its a good thing they both can drive an RC car.
Quote:
Originally posted by Barry Baker
Not when Mike has a 15 footer for some money....LOL
Joneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 06:29 PM   #342
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to lmunno

Hmm...Is this Mike's favorite course? Him and Barry could fit in there. lol.
lmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 08:12 AM   #343
Tech Adept

Barry,
Mike play for money, noooo what are you talking about. The bad thing is he will use your clubs, your balls (golf) and still find a way to come back from 4 down and beat you with five holes left.

Chris
ctmazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 12:06 PM   #344
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to willdp

hay mike did you and barry do eany more testing after me and shanke left or was you guys all out of parts? lol thanks for the help.
will
willdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 02:45 PM   #345
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to crACkeD ChaSsiS Send a message via Yahoo to crACkeD ChaSsiS
Default tc3 modified chassis

hey mike i have a question. u may not know me but i was wonderin im usin ur setup for carpet off teh associated website. is yur chassis modified to wear yur batts sit closer to teh drive shaft?if so wat does movin the batts closer to teh shaft help?
crACkeD ChaSsiS is offline   Reply With Quote