R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-26-2004, 02:05 PM   #316
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Neosaka.... I charge 6-cells 6.0 amps and .02 cut off... 4-cells i charge 5.0 amps with a .02 cut off... Hope this helps.. I have not tried any of the funky reflex stuff.....

John Hughes.. When ever i ran foams outdoors here is the tires i use.. Jaco Purple orange fronts and purple rears , front and rear are 28mm wide.... As for the tire wear. I think the new surface is going to be very hard on tires for a bit until it slickens up a bit.. I ran outdoors purple Springs #3 pistons 50 in the front and 40 in the rear with copper springs.. .055 roll bar front only.. Short wheel base.. Shocks outside on the towers.. 4.5 mm ride height in the front and 5.0mm in the rear 1.5 mm up travle in the front and 1 in the rear..

As for rubber tires all i run are handout stuff now.. I do not really know if this is true.. Sorry ...

Mike
Old 04-26-2004, 02:11 PM   #317
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Send a message via MSN to clinttredway
Default 12L4

I just picked up a 12L4 and I was wondering if you put anykind of 'lube' between the dampner plates?

Thanks!
Old 04-26-2004, 02:15 PM   #318
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Mike-whats up w/ the newer Reedy Mod motors. I have some 2yr old handwound Ti's from Putnam that still scream, but since I bought those theres PT and KR......

Are they more powerful, driveable, more efficient, easier on brushes and comms?

I also have that Revolution 8x1 and in a sedan its so mild on bottom end.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 02:21 PM   #319
Tech Addict

clinttredway.. I use teflon tape on the top plate then use Trininty red stuff for lube ...

RAY.... I like the feel of the 4 mag motor better to be honest.. I think they all run good and have good and bad points but for now the 4 mag is here to stay so we do not run the older stuff. Plus the new stuff out runs it now anyways... With running this low of winds efficiency is out the window .. I use the KR for touring and the Pt for 1/12th.. I run a turn milder then you would with a 2 mag motor ... so 8 and 10 for touring and 1/12th...

Hope this helps

Mike
Old 04-26-2004, 02:24 PM   #320
Tech Master

Thanks Mike!

How do you like your 12L4 compared to the L3... even though they are essentially the same car...
Old 04-26-2004, 02:31 PM   #321
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
[i]I use the KR for touring and the Pt for 1/12th.. I run a turn milder then you would with a 2 mag motor ... so 8 and 10 for touring and 1/12th...

Hope this helps

Mike [/B]
Mike-thanks!! It sure was fun to run Modified 12th again. Hope to do it a lot more next fall. Nothing like clipping a board on power and flipping for 10'!!!!

Take care,
Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 02:34 PM   #322
Tech Addict

clinttredway.. No problem.. I have no run the car yet.. I hope to run as soon as i get back from the pre -worlds this week...

Ray... LOL.. I hope you guys continue to run mod. It would be fun to have more then a few running on a full time basis......

Mike..
Old 04-26-2004, 02:35 PM   #323
Tech Addict

Thumbs up Going to the Pre-Worlds..

I will answer any Question when i return.. Going to try and learn the outdoors again.. IT should be fun but i am ready for a humbling Experience.. I just need to learn everything i can from the outdoor master BAKER...

See you all

Mike
Old 04-26-2004, 02:38 PM   #324
Tech Master

Good luck Mike!
Old 04-26-2004, 02:39 PM   #325
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mike, Have a great time down there and make sure you get TONS of notes... I won't be able to get down to Fl till the week of Worlds...
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 11:58 AM   #326
Tech Addict

Yes, if possible please post some notes on what you go through getting your 1/12 th scale hooked up on the pavement. Maybe not just what you end up but changes you make to get there.

Give 'em heck!

take care
john
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 06:23 PM   #327
Tech Master

Mike, can you say Splash Mountain/Haunted House and Pirates ????? We stoped off at Disney after the race on the way home for some fun. See you in Oct. (plan to make a side trip that week)
tmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 08:18 PM   #328
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to BuddyB

Mike, are you coming to the Gate this wednesday?
-Buddy B
BuddyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 05:20 AM   #329
Tech Addict

Mike, I just bought a Platinum motor for my L3 and was wondering what brush springs you run on your Platinums. We race on a long (20+ sec laps) asphalt track with a long straight and a relatively tight infield. Congrats on the 12th mod win too.
Thanks

Damon
Old 05-05-2004, 10:40 AM   #330
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Doug Gaut

Mike, I have a general setup question. When running rubber tires on a high bite track and you are having traction rolling issues which is the better way to approach the situation.
1-Stiffen oil and springs to slow roll but then you are putting more pressure on the tires?
2-Soften oil and springs to let the chassis roll but take pressure off the tires and raise inner camber links to raise roll center?
3-Lower arms on the chassis to a full low roll center?
4-Raise arms on the chassis to a higher roll center so that the chassis is closer to the ground?

The car is rolling under extreme instances mid corner or during a fast direction change like in a chicane when the car rolls back the opposite directon. Any insight would be much apprectiated. No it is not on a TC3. Sorry.
Doug Gaut is offline   Reply With Quote