R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-21-2004, 01:12 PM   #301
Tech Addict

Nobody ever said I could type well, I meant USA. I crack me up.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:19 PM   #302
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

840918001.. if you are willing to spend $$$ a Competition Electronics Turbo 35 is the best one right now.. I think there may be some more companies coming out with chargers like these soon.. But i use that..

KE4PJO.. That was FUN racing back then.. I sure do miss them days....

Mike
Old 04-21-2004, 01:24 PM   #303
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

hi mike.....

what's the best traction compound for rubber tires on asphalt tracks????

thanks!

O.S. Engines - KM RACING - CONTACT TYRES - SAVOX - LRP - ARC | Blitz | Titan
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 02:16 PM   #304
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default 12th scale motor

Hi Mike. Are you still running the 9 turn PT in your 12th scale? Any comments on the difference between the KR and PT?

Thanks for any help. I have a few KR's now that I run for offroad, I've tried using a Ti arm and end bell in the KR can in my 12th scale. I suppose that's the same as the PT.

take care
john
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 02:41 PM   #305
Tech Addict

SalvadoriRacing.. Not really sure.. The only stuff i have used are paragon FX2 on them.. Going to do alot of testing this month to try and find something better... Sorry...

JohnB.. I only run pt's in 1/12th scale now.. They seem more efficient then the kr with the Big com and laydowns.. Plus the seem to roll alot more without the brush wrap.. I have been running a 10turn the last few races...

Mike
Old 04-21-2004, 02:45 PM   #306
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

don't worry mike,

thanks for answering.....any advice form experienced drivers like you are welcome.....

O.S. Engines - KM RACING - CONTACT TYRES - SAVOX - LRP - ARC | Blitz | Titan
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 03:01 PM   #307
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Blackstock
SalvadoriRacing.. Not really sure.. The only stuff i have used are paragon FX2 on them.. Going to do alot of testing this month to try and find something better... Sorry...

JohnB.. I only run pt's in 1/12th scale now.. They seem more efficient then the kr with the Big com and laydowns.. Plus the seem to roll alot more without the brush wrap.. I have been running a 10turn the last few races...

Mike
Thank you, excactly what I wanted to know.
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 04:18 PM   #308
Tech Elite

thanks for the info I think I have #3 in one of the sets of shocks. I'll have to change that out for this weekend when I let Darryl beat me. You are running this weekend right Darryl?

as for USA days that's my claim to fame "ya I use to beat Blackstock in the old days" I stayed about the same you just got a lot, really a lot better. and no comments from the old guys over there Darryl
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 09:30 PM   #309
Tech Rookie

Default more 12L

Mike,

Thanks for replying about the top plate! I mailed bud and have not hear back from him yet.

Do the pink Jaco rears hook up better than greys or whites on carpet?

I have seen some shots of you and Vickys cars, whats the deal with the grey ball end on the upper suspension arm? Like what is it, and why do you use it?

Thanks for your time!
cwolf
cwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 08:40 AM   #310
Tech Adept

Mike - Thanks for the info on the spool.

So, would you suggest using a spool at the Reedy race in 19t or a standard diff? Do you think the spool will scrub too much?

Thanks again!
spyderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 09:13 AM   #311
Tech Master

Mike, thanks for the tips on shock building got chance to do mine today and theres a night and day difference, they seem absolutly perfect. I found that sanding the white spacer bits that the foam goes in at each corner a tiny bit worked better, as standard they seemed to be much too tight.

Last edited by berger; 04-22-2004 at 10:44 AM.
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 11:39 AM   #312
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to chicky03

Hey Mike,

What timing and gearing did you use at the nats in 1/12 on your 10t PT?

Thanks,
Paul
chicky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 06:02 PM   #313
Tech Addict

cwolf.. Yea pinks hook up better and stay under the car for the whole run in mod. But for stock i would think a white or grey would be faster if there is enough traction...

spyderx... I would give it a try for sure.. But make sure you run both and see witch one is faster and easier to drive for you..

berger.. Awesome news.. Good point on sanding the white things...

chicky03.. I ran 12 degree's and 25/100 gear....

Mike
Old 04-25-2004, 10:14 AM   #314
Tech Apprentice

Hi Mike,

I had see you use the turbo 35 gfx charger.
What set you use for charge your 3300gp for the touring car 6 cells and 1/12 4 cells?

Thanks a lot

Yann.
Neosaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 10:12 AM   #315
Tech Rookie

Hi Mike,

Just a few questions

At present i run a TC3 outdoors on foams, 37s all round but wider on the back,last year i ran controlled cs22 premounted so i never had any trouble as we were all on a level playing field, but now the class is open and you can run what ever motor, weight and tyre you want so i went for foams as they seem to be the quickest. Our track has just had new tarmac put down and the tyres on one side have coned after only two runs i thourght it might be because the new surface was more abrasive but my setup might possibly be too stiff i run purple spings with 60wt oil up front and gold springs with 50 wt at the rear with 2 of camber all round what do you reckon any help much appreciated?

Another quick question what inserts do you run in rubber tyres normally ive been told that you need an air gap so the heat going in is balanced by the cooler air in the air gap is this true

Cheers john
John Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote