R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-16-2004, 10:17 AM   #271
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to etzkev

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Blackstock
etzkev. The shims depend on the axle, I have used 2 or even 1 but mostly just one on the outside . I always use aluminum CVD's In mod the plastic one's i feel flex and will break where the pins go..Not sure how they would work for stock...

As for the free transmission.. Two tips.. First one is to get the newest transmission case's they have been adjusted to be perfect with no dremeling required... you might have to use two shims on the diffs now though. Then spray out all the bearing's remove one or two seals and apply a light oil to them and you are ready. Just make sure everything is free piece by piece and do not overtighten anything...

Mike
Yeah, I only use them on the outside of the knuckle, and I use two and there is no binding, so it sounds like I am doing that right.

About the CVD Bones. You are right about the Composite ones breaking in Mod. I broke one last week running 19T. I have been running the Composite bones all around the car in stock though, and everything is working great. Nothing has broken then.

About the Diff Cases. I recently got some cases for the car, and surprisingly enough, I noticed that they didn't bind as much as the normal ones with out modification (dremeling). I just wasn't sure why, and that now I know they updated them, it all makes sense ! I know all about cleaning bearings and such, so there is no problem with my bearings. Overall, my transmission is pretty free and working well.

Thanks for you help,
Kevin
etzkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 05:47 PM   #272
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to microrcdude

thanks mike! Good luck at your upcoming races!

MayorRC.com
microrcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 06:16 PM   #273
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT

Quote:
ROBORAT..we ran 18 degree's timing with 766'd . it was a KR 10X2 one thing we did was bend the stiff springs alittle stiffer like 200 or so .....Gearing was 28/100 with a 2.25 tire....

Hope this helps

Mike
thanks mike! that helps a lot! another thing, when it comes to timing, do you tend to time lower and then gear up in a bigger track or do the opposite? i usually use the first option in the hope to gain some efficiency but still get the desired power output but i'd like to know how the reedy camp actually does it. thanks. sorry for all the questions.....

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:02 PM   #274
Tech Master

Hey Mike whats up

Going to the Reedy???

Later
McMahon
mcmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:19 PM   #275
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
rayhuang.. Jeff Brown is right.. Coppertone 45 is a must for outdoors with foams on a sunny day.. I have used anything from regular paragon to trinity red dot.. But i must say i used paragon the most. Never have really tried fx2 out doors.......
Mike
Mike, how should Coppertone 45 be applied in relation to the traction compound, and how much should be used?
KMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:19 PM   #276
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ROBORAT. Yea bigger tracks less timing alittle more gear , I get scared with alot of timing of having a meltdown :-(

etzkev.. Awesome man....

microrcdude . Thanks appreciate it.....

mcmoney. Hey man how ya doing?? Yea going to the reedy race and the worlds warmup here soon. I need all the practice i can get on rubbers ;-) how about you ???

KMW........ I put paragon on first then apply coppertone on the surface you put the paragon on only , Right over top of it , Use a fair amount to make sure it covers the paragon then Let it sit your desired amount of time ... usually for me between 15-25 mins then wipe like normal...
Old 04-17-2004, 03:28 AM   #277
Tech Champion

hey mike, thanks again. now i know that at least there's somthing im doing right! hahaha

Old 04-17-2004, 05:04 AM   #278
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to lastplace

Mike,
Why Coppertone sunscreen? What does it do, improve traction?

Maybe this is the tip I need to get out of "Lastplace"
lastplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 07:03 AM   #279
Tech Addict

ROBORAT LOL... No problem man....

lastplace.. Coppertone 45... I use it becuase if it is hot out side and the sun is beating down hard paragon has a tendancy to dry up rather quickly, So by putting coppertone on the tire after the paragon the tires actually are able to soak without the heat or sun drying it up...

Mike
Old 04-17-2004, 07:35 AM   #280
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Mike- In your 12th scale what mah receiver batteries are you using if you're using some at all? I also see that some guys are running them in their sedans as well......what's your opion on receiver packs in the sedan? Thanks in advance for your answer.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:37 AM   #281
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by mcmoney
Hey Mike whats up

Going to the Reedy???

Later
McMahon
Are you going? If so I'll be waiting for a dialed MI2 set up....
Old 04-17-2004, 08:15 AM   #282
Tech Addict

STLNLST.. I use the 150 mah cells for my 1/12th scale.. I think people are using them in sedan just for the personal transponder not the steering or anything.. I think they need the weight anyways....

Mike
Old 04-17-2004, 08:36 PM   #283
Tech Addict

why is it that you did not beat Chicky on the golf course. Rumor has it that it was a real battle.....with a bunch of big numbers being thrown at each other.

You and Chicky can play a scramble against me...next week sometime!

Eric
Joneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 08:57 PM   #284
Tech Addict

Joneser .. IT was ugly... Would be fun to go out with you and him one day,, Just remember not to laught to hard ;-)

Mike
Old 04-18-2004, 08:38 AM   #285
Tech Champion

Mike: just gotta say this, ran my tc3 again today after two months of no racing ... despite it's age, this is one kick ass car. it handled beautifully as always. so aggressive but with the rear always planted. ran it alternately with my yok CGM and you know what, i just cant find myself letting it go despite having a newer toy to play around with. AE really outdid themselves with this ride. cant wait to see a new sedan from AE. im sure it will not disappoint .... although it will sure be a really tough act to follow.

Last edited by ROBORAT; 04-18-2004 at 07:54 PM.