R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-27-2004, 12:08 PM   #181
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

My losi car would pick up the rear tires on corners when I was running foam on carpet. The only thing that I could come up with in terms of a fix was to run more rear droop in the car. I compared setup sheets on their website and noticed they all had more droop in the car than I did.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 12:25 PM   #182
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless

When you say more droop.....do you mean the screws wound down more (i'm using a yokomo sd so droop screws are through wishbones down to chassis) so there's less upward shock movement ??

Last edited by Merciless; 03-27-2004 at 12:46 PM.
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 03:20 PM   #183
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

More droop=more space between the shock spring and the shock collar when you hold the car up in the air and the suspension must be at full extension.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 11:45 AM   #184
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default MIKE

Congratulations!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 11:56 AM   #185
Company Representative

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

what lem2 said!!!
Tres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 12:40 PM   #186
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to WVRACER

Mike,

You are locked in the this years tripple crown winner in 10th and 12th scale mod right?

congrads on another win.

Rob
WVRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 10:57 PM   #187
Tech Addict

Mike...good job this weekend. Your 12th scale was amazing and I thought the TC could have won...your classy move in the A2 may have cost you a chance....based on the crowd around me, you did not need to wait. Then again you race with these guys so you probably knew what was in your best interest. I know that I have joked about asking stupid questions but here is a real one.

Will charging your batteries while in the chassis cause the chassis to tweak or warp? we are running the same chassis but mine is absolutley awful now. I do sometimes charge the batteries while in the car and was thinking it may be too warm. Any comments?

Eric
Joneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 06:17 AM   #188
Tech Initiate

hey mike, did you use any traction compound for the indoor champs?
micro speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 06:59 AM   #189
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Thanks Guys.....

I am back.. The race went well. If you have any questions that i might have missed please repost them here... I will get to them ASAP.......

WVRACER . Not sure about the triple crown results. I only went to 3 races and cleveland was bad for me in 1/12th scale. Not sure if anyone is even keeping up with this still...

Joneser.. Thanks for the body man.. Wish i could have put that thing in the winners circle.. As for the stopping in the 2nd A-main. I think i did cost myself a chance. But i felt i should wait ... In the end i guess everything worked out. As for charging batt's in the car. I just peak mine in there never really charge.. I gues this could cause alittle flexing. But i doubt that would do it.. I know after a few months of racing in really hot conditions, Right where the motor is tends to get bent so i usually put a new chassis on a month or so before a big race.....

Mike
Old 03-30-2004, 06:59 AM   #190
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Micro Speed... I used paragon Ground effects for traction at all the race's that allow the use of it ..

Mike
Old 03-30-2004, 07:33 AM   #191
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Mike, awesome race!! You were stoopid fast in 12th scale bro!!! Sorry I didn't get to chat with you much but I had to spend a lot of time kissing butt in Putnam's pit- LMAO

Hey if you talk to Mark Adams any time soon please tell him Jason said thanks again. I would email him but don't have his addy.

Last thing- Past weekend was the first time I've seen Vicky up close in person. She's waaaaay better looking than you!!!!! Did she feel sorry for ya or something?!?!?! LMAO

See ya soon!
Jason
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 10:46 AM   #192
Tech Adept

Hey Mike its Baby Drew great job and I mean great job Mr. NINE MINUTES and thanks for showing us a great time Sunday night as if you could not tell.... Tell Vicky thanks too......
Andrew Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 10:54 AM   #193
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Mike-This is Butter from Florida..thanks for a great night out on Sunday and as Drew said thank Vicky too...Congrats on the weekend man..you laid it down proper!!!

9 Minutes.....that was sick!!!!

Hope yo guys can make it down for the State Race...if not see ya at the pre-worlds.

Mike A.
TeamButter
Old 03-30-2004, 11:09 AM   #194
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

9-minutes.. For what??? hahaha!!! A table dance-head under water-what??? Man-when Mike wins a race-he always makes it look so darn easy (Champs, Nats, Snowbirds). What a year!!

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 11:19 AM   #195
Tech Adept

Ray you did see the last qly didn't u
Andrew Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote