Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R2 vs Yokomo SD

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

Pretty much true Sorcerer. Which is why worded my previous post the way I did. I'm not knocking one other the other car. I'm just putting up the issues I have heard with them. Right now, if weight is a concern with the Yok CGM, I have seen pics of a lightened factory chassis. So that could become a consideration too.
As far as carpet goes, I have heard a lot more feedback from Yok SD drivers than Cuda drivers. But if quite a few of those Cuda drivers are from outside the US, you will see that. Simply because outdoor/indoor asphalt tracks tend to be the rage there. Carpet 1/10 scale isn't as big there.
Personally I like vs threads if people can shut out most of their biases. It kind of lets you know where weaknesses and strengths are for whatever car you are looking into.
Another FYI on wondering which is best. Read the other forums on the cars. That way you get to see any trouble people have as far as handling and setting them up and solutions/possible modifications needed. You can usually tell who are the beginners and who aren't, and how many problems both are having.
Old 03-13-2004, 12:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just wanna show you guys my car.
Attached Thumbnails R2 vs Yokomo SD-tommy-012.jpg  
Old 03-13-2004, 12:31 AM
Tech Master

Very nice. What happened to the foam on the GT7 you showed me at first?
Old 03-13-2004, 12:50 AM
Tech Master

Hi friends. Greetings from Malta.

EDSEB. You seem to think that the whole World revolves around the United States.

Ever heard of Japan - Masami Hirosaka, Australia, Europe. South America. What cars are winning there too?

We do race RC in countries outside the US too you know. We're not third World countries.

Now have a look at the contents of my previous post with other countries in mind, countries that are just as important to the World of RC as the States, and countries that have produced at least as many World Champions. I can assure you that contrary to your belief, if guys like Kinwald, Spashett, Josh Cyrul, etc find their cars lousy they would soon switch. It's happened, even with a couple of the names I've mentioned....and recently too.

Get the whole picture, not just what you do in the US. Look at club racing all over the world and see what's winning. See what cars have the biggest parts and info support all over the World. Then decide. What may be OK in the US is not necessarily the way to go in other countries.

Actually I wouldn't decide for either of the cars this thread is all about.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by MugenMTX3Kid
Just wanna show you guys my car.
Niiice, should have waited for the R3 though.
Old 03-13-2004, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by AzNDRAGster
Niiice, should have waited for the R3 though.
What car do you run?
Old 03-13-2004, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by DOMOisCOOL
Very nice. What happened to the foam on the GT7 you showed me at first?
What GT7?

Here is a pic with no shock, no tires and messy wires
Attached Thumbnails R2 vs Yokomo SD-tommy-009.jpg  
Old 03-13-2004, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

and as i go back and read all of EDSED posts on this thread, i'm have a real hard time understanding where johnbull is coming from. i tried real hard but i couldn't find anywhere that he suggested the US was the center of the world and that the rest of the world or your part of the world was a third world country. something you must understand about the US, for some strange reason different cars are more popular in different regions. from my understanding in florida the shoemaker rules, in other parts you can't find a yok, i personally haven't never seen a r-2, we used to have kawada's around, but you can't find one now, (partly because i wanted to buy one and the imported didn't anwser his e-mail or respond on these threads) at a local off road track xxx-4s were the main car in off road, now theres only 2 left and the yok has taken over in popularity.
everytime i see one of these threads,the which is better, i have to laugh, because you know someones gonna add a third or forth car in. and someone always get upset. and the anwsers are always the same, "go to your local track and see what the fast guys are running and check parts support" which is probably the best anwser. what wins at the worlds or nationals is irrelevant. if you can't get parts what good is the car. the drivers mentioned above have a special talent and no matter how long we run or how much we pratice we will never be able to run with them so what car they drive makes no difference to me.
Old 03-13-2004, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

What GT7?

Here is a pic with no shock, no tires and messy wires
You're still using the tamiya connectors? Why?
Old 03-13-2004, 10:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

cuz im ghetto like that

nah, im cheap, dont wanna buy 2 male ones... 1 for esc 1 for charger. ILL BUY SOME SOON
Old 03-13-2004, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

cuz im ghetto like that

nah, im cheap, dont wanna buy 2 male ones... 1 for esc 1 for charger. ILL BUY SOME SOON
I recommend the corraly style connectors though you need a good soldering iron to attatch the tubes to the batteries.
Old 03-13-2004, 10:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

I think i saw those, ill just get deans first.
Old 03-13-2004, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

I think i saw those, ill just get deans first.
Deans are a pain in the ass. I can sell you all my deans plugs if you want, i have a bunch of them i don't use.
Old 03-13-2004, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
Deans are a pain in the ass. I can sell you all my deans plugs if you want, i have a bunch of them i don't use.
I only use deans for my motors, not batteries, their a bitch when your trying to get them out. I like Trinity R Minus connectors.