R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-13-2009, 10:21 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default TC5 (or other) set-up clarification

I am going through and making changes from the TC5R set-up sheet that came with the kit instructions to one that is more geared towards my driving conditions. On the set-up sheet that I am converting to is from Keven Hebert and the International Indoor Championship in LV. My question is in regards to bumpsteer. I am unclear on what this really is. On the original kit settings it says "Silver + 0" on the Hebert set-up sheet it says "2mm". I am at a lost as these settings seem no where near related to each other. Any thoughts, clarifications, etc are much appreciated and thank you in advance.
storytyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:29 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by storytyme View Post
I am going through and making changes from the TC5R set-up sheet that came with the kit instructions to one that is more geared towards my driving conditions. On the set-up sheet that I am converting to is from Keven Hebert and the International Indoor Championship in LV. My question is in regards to bumpsteer. I am unclear on what this really is. On the original kit settings it says "Silver + 0" on the Hebert set-up sheet it says "2mm". I am at a lost as these settings seem no where near related to each other. Any thoughts, clarifications, etc are much appreciated and thank you in advance.
The "silver" referrers to the silver ballstud associated makes (instead of the black) that has a longer neck. The +2mm referrers to a 2mm shim being under that ballstud. If there is no reference to which ballstud, it most likely means the black.

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:31 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
The "silver" referrers to the silver ballstud associated makes (instead of the black) that has a longer neck. The +2mm referrers to a 2mm shim being under that ballstud. If there is no reference to which ballstud, it most likely means the black.
So 2mm would be the black ballstud with a 2mm shim? Thanks for the quick explanation.
storytyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:04 PM   #4
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yup, thats it

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:44 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Bump steer refers to the angle of toe the front wheel has under suspension compression. IE if you push down on the car the front wheels gain toe in/ out etc
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #6
Tech Elite

While we are at it, the setup for droop will list a number derived from the AE droop gauge. The measurement is generally (Levanen, Hebert, Hohwart setup sheets) taken at the suspension arm under the outer hinge pin. It is not taken at the hub carrier or caster block.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:45 AM   #7
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
While we are at it, the setup for droop will list a number derived from the AE droop gauge. The measurement is generally (Levanen, Hebert, Hohwart setup sheets) taken at the suspension arm under the outer hinge pin. It is not taken at the hub carrier or caster block.
Cheers Rick, I was taking it from under the lowest part (caster block), glad I got that clarified.

Regards

Neal
Redwood is offline   Reply With Quote