To ROAR Fixed Timing On Stock Brushless Motors >

To ROAR Fixed Timing On Stock Brushless Motors

To ROAR Fixed Timing On Stock Brushless Motors

Old 12-13-2009, 03:13 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
Sure you can. BL and Lipo are so consistent that if timing adjustment was taken out of the equation the cars would literally all have exactly the same power.
I was gonna say the above quote was the most ignorant thing I'd heard in quite some time. Then I read the post below.

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
About time everyone sees what im talking about. Roar is too busy worrying about if you have stickers on your car or what tshirt you are wearing. Something needs to be changed and roar is no where to be found. Time to start another sanctioning body. Bypass roar.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

About time everyone sees what I'm talking about. Roar is too busy worrying about if you have stickers on your car or what t shirt you are wearing. Something needs to be changed and roar is no where to be found. Time to start another sanctioning body. Bypass roar.
What do you mean ROAR is nowhere to be found???? ROAR members asked for this. ROAR members wanted brushless. ROAR members wanted lipo. So ROAR put it into the rules. No that you have what you want it's our fault and we're no where to be found. ROAR is a volunteer organization. Sorry if ROAR can't respond to your needs as quick as you think we should. Being a volunteer means we put our time in for free. Time from our families, our jobs, careers and businesses. Have you ever voulenteered your time or knowledge to try and fix or better things other than your immediate surroundings? Sense when has RCTECH become the home for ROAR and the open forum for ROAR? Why not be part of the solution instead of just adding to the problem? I guess the organization you want to start is a volunteer organization as well?

I'll agree that in on road electric the speeds have increased faster than at any other time in the 20 years I've been in RC. Most of this has really come to a boiling point over the last 6-9 months. 17.5 is about as fast as 13.5 12 months ago. I also feel 17.5 is too fast, but trying to limit motors and esc's is never going to get us where many think it should go. look at NASCAR or F1. Restricter plates, smaller displacement, no active suspensions, grooved tires, smaller tires, smaller wings and the list goes on. Rules that were enacted for one reason. Slow cars down. Did it work for them? NO!!! NASCAR's talking about even smaller restricter plates because their going faster on the super speedways than they were when restricter plates we're enacted.

If you guys really want to slow touring cars down then why doesn't anyone talk about the power/fuel source or the gas tank? Maybe 1s batteries is where TC should be going to slow things down to where it needs to be. It would be the least disruptive and most effective way to cut speeds across the board in TC. But what racer really wants to slow things down?????

I guess ROAR isn't listening, and the only thing we're worried about is what shirt or hat your wearing and what stickers you have on your car.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Suspended

Stop worrying about timing and just drive the bloody things!

Jesus it's no wonder all the rallycross guys take the piss out of touring car drivers for being a bunch of f*****s

Last edited by ottoman; 12-13-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think the only way to control this is that ROAR needs to put a cut-off for new products ( for stock and super stock). This should run for the entire season. New products can be used mod classes. What needs to stop is new esc's coming out every week that can't be bought at LHS. This is just my .02
Old 12-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PickenStir
+1
Old 12-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

There's no way to tech trackside what's going on inside of the current generation of BL speedos. That being said, a locked timing motor wouldn't accomplish anything due to the timing available in the speedo.

I do think that the turn of motor for "stock" and "superstock" could use some adjustment to get speeds back on par. Not sure what turns should be used, but I think we can all agree that stock racing is getting faster and faster at an alarming rate as technology advances forward.

In the meantime, run the current classes, support your local tracks, complain freely on the internet and have a happy holiday. Oh... and keep your fingers crossed that Santa slips a Black Diamond into your stocking with care.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

About time everyone sees what im talking about. Roar is too busy worrying about if you have stickers on your car or what tshirt you are wearing. Something needs to be changed and roar is no where to be found. Time to start another sanctioning body. Bypass roar.
Fine. let's see you do it!
Old 12-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

How come no one is posting that old Trinity add that say's BL with ruin racing and the such? Guess they kinda hit the nail on the head, eh?
Old 12-13-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PickenStir

Jesus it's no wonder all the rallycross guys take the piss out of touring car drivers for being a bunch of faggots
Welcome back Nick Priest (not sure you will stay around long again with posts like this). I do agree about just driving them.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
How come no one is posting that old Trinity add that say's BL with ruin racing and the such? Guess they kinda hit the nail on the head, eh?
No, they didn't. Racing is much better with BL and Lipo, they would admit it too.

Like someone posted earlier, we ruin racing.

To the ROAR rep, don't take it so personally, get rules written that ban timing advance from at least one stock class from becoming a wallet race all over again.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

A Something needs to be changed and roar is no where to be found. Time to start another sanctioning body. Bypass roar.
I could fix all of this tomorrow. We'll just tell everybody that all spec motors must be fixed timing and speedos can't have timing advance for spec motor classes. It actually is that simple.

Then the crying starts "what about all these motors I bought?" "I just bought 3 Black Diamonds WTF!???" Plus you've just obsoleted all the stock for all the electronics manufacturers.

Nobody foresaw all of this. Maybe some of the manufactures had a clue, but either way we're in a trick bag now.

I never expected brushless to make everything equal, but I sure don't miss comm lathes and brushes and rebuilds and all that baloney. The problem now is that engineers at these ESC companies are learning a lot very quickly, so not only do the speedos change all the time, spec'ing a motor is like hitting a moving target.

I predict the next 6 months to a year of racing will suck. Maybe by then we'll start hitting the steep end of the electronics curve and we can figure out what to do.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

How exactly is racing ruined? Can someone explain that? All this doom and gloom but I just don't see it.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
Post please.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JKA
I was gonna say the above quote was the most ignorant thing I'd heard in quite some time. Then I read the post below.
Just flipped through a little bit of your posting history, nothing but empty one-liners like this. How about contributing some of your wisdom to the conversation?
Old 12-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How exactly is it that you guys can throw ROAR under the bus on this one? Did ROAR allow the AE speedo at Vegas? Did ROAR allow the new speedo AND unapproved batteries at Cleveland? Nope.

We've been running big races for YEARS without them being sanctioned by Roar. Now, when you guys would like some support you're all pissed that they aren't changing all the rules mid season. Nice.

If you're not at a Roar event then don't bitch about ROAR rules.

I think the biggest part of the whole onroad issue at the moment is actually the price of the AE speedo (and availability). You guys weren't complaining when the Tekin came out, or the LRP stock spec, or the Speedpassion. Why complain now. The added timing is not anything new.

And now, you have Castle coming out with a reasonably priced speedo that has pretty good performance. The $125 street price should be an eye opener for the rest of the industry.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.