R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-18-2009, 09:25 AM   #241
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie View Post

Novak was definitely the pioneer in brushless for the car market and has offered and incredible entry level spec packages. Now can we take this a step further?? Lets have sanctioning bodies, clubs, whoever create a Havoc class. Just like in the beginning Novak was the only game in town. So why not start that again. If it takes off I guarantee other manufacturers will follow suite. If it doesn't take off then we can stop with all these types of threads because it will show what the interest is in a truly spec class.

Yes there will be the initial outlay of cash...but a Havoc cost the same as the motor $79. And of you get a Havoc system...you pay about $150.

So someone needs to get it done!!!

For myself I will stay in the current classes...timed to the hilt.
Gordie, ever hear of USVTA?
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:52 AM   #242
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiml View Post
Gordie, ever hear of USVTA?
Absolutely. But the guys who start these treads want that type of racing for TC spec classes. So I say do it. Maybe the USVTA should branch out and create another class for non vintage TC's with the same set of rules ...USTCA??

I don't know Rob King personally but he is local to me and he comes to the track I race at often. If I think of it I may ping him to see what he thinks.

I'm serious...why the hell not? With all these threads screaming for a change someone needs to take the reigns. Maybe it will be a gateway class between VTA and standard TC? Not everyone wants to run a '69 Camaro but maybe the speed is appealing to them...
Old 12-18-2009, 10:05 AM   #243
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Not everyone wants to run a '69 Camaro but maybe the speed is appealing to them...
I think you hit the nail on the head here. Trying to get everybody, or even a majority, to agree on any one aspect of racing is a challenge.
Old Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #244
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Absolutely. But the guys who start these treads want that type of racing for TC spec classes. So I say do it. Maybe the USVTA should branch out and create another class for non vintage TC's with the same set of rules ...USTCA??

I don't know Rob King personally but he is local to me and he comes to the track I race at often. If I think of it I may ping him to see what he thinks.

I'm serious...why the hell not? With all these threads screaming for a change someone needs to take the reigns. Maybe it will be a gateway class between VTA and standard TC? Not everyone wants to run a '69 Camaro but maybe the speed is appealing to them...

There's also RCGT.

Just remember USVTA specs out the motor (Novak 21.5) but not the speed control. They also spec out the tires, the bodies down to the part number, and even the gear ratio. The class does work, but there are problems similar to what we see here. Every once in a while you see posts about "why does it have to be a Novak motor, I think we should change that" and such. Ask him about the 'vette body.

The problem is not coming up with ideas. The problem is getting enough people to go along with an idea.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote