R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-12-2009, 01:04 PM   #46
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

it didnt really HAVE to be this way chris, it is just that spec needs to mean spec. short and simple. we were never able to alter motor timing in the past in anything beside mod class. why is that any different now, be speedo or static timing? at some point it became ok in spec and stock class. if it wasntok in brush classes before, why is it ok now? i fail to see the logic that roar and ifmar have applied to this.

Josh Evans
kawirider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (98%+)

To answer the question of the threads title topic. The deal IS you've spent more to go slower.

4 cell brushed IS faster than 13.5 / 3.7 volt lipo. That is why the class should have never been combined. It doesn't work, period.

The class is per ROAR 13.5 / 3.7v lipo.

I would like to see the cars powered beyond there limit so that the driver determines the performance rather than some voodoo magic speed controller.

10.5 / 7.4v lipo should do it.
evostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:56 PM   #48
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawirider View Post
who are you? no one else here seems to know you. and you hide behind your avatar without your name out there? my stuff is not a hornets and has never been. buzz off.
Maybe this gives a clue on location:
"20 years ago. May I remind you that you came down to my home track in Indiana last year for a regional event and you went off into a rage and threw your radio on the cement floor there too. The regional representative had to come over too you and give you a hug and tell you everything is going to be O.K. Remember?"-referring to John St. Amant
http://www.rctech.net/forum/5443933-post1075.html

signed off on another post as "Travis A." and "Travis"
http://www.rctech.net/forum/5291720-post1403.html

hope this helps!

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:57 PM   #49
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

maybe all racing speed controls should be requied to have one profile that is the same for spec/stock racing
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:42 PM   #50
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
"20 years ago. May I remind you that you came down to my home track in Indiana last year for a regional event and you went off into a rage and threw your radio on the cement floor there too. The regional representative had to come over too you and give you a hug and tell you everything is going to be O.K. Remember?"-referring to John St. Amant

hope this helps!
Dude, you guys got the wrong guy. i dont live in indiana, have never been to indiana for anything, ever. ok? there are more than one guy with my name out there, believe it or not, and again, buzz off and find something else to do. YOU DONT KNOW ME! i guarantee it!

Josh Evans
Old 12-12-2009, 03:03 PM   #51
Tech Elite

I thought 1/12 might be fun. After reading this and other threads. I will stay with 1/8 nitro offroad. Less drama and cheaper by the looks of things. Reminds me of why I left in the first place.
Chris Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:29 PM   #52
Tech Rookie

Hi
Thought I would post a solution we use at my local club. It seemed the switch to LIPO was inevitable but the speedo war and the high prices to keep up with the latest hardware would quite likely discourage the average club racer.
We have found the following combination's of speedo and motor to be broadly compatible and certainly close enough to keep everyone happy.
4 cell 19t brushed
4 cell 12t ezrun combo
1s lipo 9t ezrun combo
1s lipo 10.5 turn + latest speedo

I should point our track is fairly small 12m by 20m. The ezrun combo's are cheap but have proved to be surprisingly quick and reliable. Obviously not Brca legal (in the Uk) but who cares as long as we get good close racing.

Regards
Peter
petera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #53
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawirider View Post
Dude, you guys got the wrong guy. i dont live in indiana, have never been to indiana for anything, ever. ok? there are more than one guy with my name out there, believe it or not, and again, buzz off and find something else to do. YOU DONT KNOW ME! i guarantee it!
I think he was talking about March to My Own, Josh.

Seems his name is Travis, any Travis's at the track lately?

**TEAM RCAMERICA**XRAY**HUDY**PROLEVEL RC**
chensleyrc1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:04 PM   #54
Tech Regular

oh i guess i didnt follow him. some other dude i dont know was talking some smack earlier. i thought it was a continuation of that....lol

Josh Evans
Old 12-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #55
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post

hope this helps!
nope, still dont know him.....

Josh Evans
Old 12-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #56
Tech Regular

yes, i did stray from topic. i like your thinking larry, not like roar pays the bills at our track anyway right? lets get our voltage groove on! i would be just fine with the 13.5 and a 7.4 lipo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evostyle View Post
To answer the question of the threads title topic. The deal IS you've spent more to go slower.

4 cell brushed IS faster than 13.5 / 3.7 volt lipo. That is why the class should have never been combined. It doesn't work, period.

The class is per ROAR 13.5 / 3.7v lipo.

I would like to see the cars powered beyond there limit so that the driver determines the performance rather than some voodoo magic speed controller.

10.5 / 7.4v lipo should do it.

Josh Evans
Old 12-13-2009, 02:25 PM   #57
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chensleyrc1 View Post
Larry a flash update to a micro chip won't bridge the gap that the BD has created. If Tekin could, they would of done so already. They had plenty of time to develop the new software after they got their a** handed to them at the IIC. The indoor champs was the same result.
So to me it will take Tekin and the rest to make totally new controllers to compete. I'm not buying any of them till this mess settles.

And I hate to say this, but Drew was right when he said we are opening a HUGE can of worms when we went to brush-less LiPo configuration.
The first sensible thing that's been said on this thread. I too warned about what would happen once we opened the BL 'can-of-worms', and I told Jurgen Lautenbach a the 2006 Worlds that this was a bad thing - they were updating speedos back then.

To all the moaners on here and other threads - you've made you bed, lie in it. If you don't like it, then drive another class, like Off-Road or 12th Mod where it's not a problem. But please, stop coming on here moaning about it. You went mad for BL, pestered ROAR to get it in, were told this would happen, and ignored that warning. It's not fair, but it's life, get on with it.

I suspect chensleyrc1, Drew and I are enjoying this new world. As we saw it coming, we worked it out. But then again, we were probably the people who could tune a 27T motor, and you lot moaned about that two!!
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:32 PM   #58
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chensleyrc1 View Post
Larry a flash update to a micro chip won't bridge the gap that the BD has created. If Tekin could, they would of done so already. They had plenty of time to develop the new software after they got their a** handed to them at the IIC. The indoor champs was the same result.
So to me it will take Tekin and the rest to make totally new controllers to compete. I'm not buying any of them till this mess settles.

And I hate to say this, but Drew was right when he said we are opening a HUGE can of worms when we went to brush-less LiPo configuration.
The first sensible thing that's been said on this thread. I too warned about what would happen once we opened the BL 'can-of-worms', and I told Jurgen Lautenbach a the 2006 Worlds that this was a bad thing - they were updating speedos back then.

To all the moaners on here and other threads - you've made you bed, lie in it. If you don't like it, then drive another class, like Off-Road or 12th Mod where it's not a problem. But please, stop coming on here moaning about it. You went mad for BL, pestered ROAR to get it in, were told this would happen, and ignored that warning. It's not fair, but it's life, get on with it.

I suspect chensleyrc1, Drew and I are enjoying this new world. As we saw it coming, we worked it out. But then again, we were probably the people who could tune a 27T motor, and you lot moaned about that two!!
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote