R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #136
Tech Adept

Scotty, Again thank you. You always do such a great job making us feel like part of the Trackside family by taking the time to know your racers and making us feel like part of you family. Hats off to your staff for the hard work and all the racers that came to the Novak race. See yea next year 2011...
hungoverracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:16 AM   #137
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Thank you to all the crew at Trackside and Jason's fellow racers. Having only raced sedan about a dozen times it was very cool for him to be somewhat competetive. We had a great time this weekend and learned a lot. Thank you to all the guys that put up with Jason asking for used tires and bodies. He has already set up a small shrine with them and his trophies in our living room. At 8 these things seem to be a big deal. Hope to see everyone next year in the std. 17.5, mini, vta and maybe WGT classes.

Keith and Jason.
kghills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:29 PM   #138
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I want to thanks Scotty and crew for a awesome race,the boys had a awesome time,thanks Paul L. for the sedan bodies for the boys,Jim piersol and Starkey for the parts help,we will definetly be up next year,had some great racing in 17.5 look forward to the same in the future.
steve eaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:01 PM   #139
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

congrats to the eaves boys with the great showing. its nice to see young kids getting into the hobby.
buffalobill989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:53 PM   #140
Tech Elite

Thanks to Scotty and all the Trackside crew for another great NOVAK race!!! Always a good time and awesome racing!! Great job on getting the show wrapped up early on Sunday, Kenny and I made it to Omaha by midnight.

Great to see the OK gang, hope you guys can make it up for the TCS race next month.

Congrats to all the winners!! Even Dustin in Mini Best race of the weekend had to be A2 in Mod 1/12th. Keven and Josh put on a show that had the crowd cheering lap after lap, great job guys!!

Had fun as always, hope to make it back next year!!

Tim Ski
ROAR NATS - '16 & '09 Electric Offroad/'14 & '08 Carpet Onroad/'11 1/8 Electric
'16, '11, '08 BRL NOVAK National Finals
HobbyPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:42 PM   #141
Tech Fanatic

Thanks to Scotty and whole Trackside crew, Had a great time racing and an even better time watching some great races. I agree with the last post, that 1/12th mod A main was incredible! I would also have to say the racing between Josh Honstien, Brad Johnson, and Martin Crisp was awesome to say the least! To have three guys with a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shows just how close the competition was... guess I could go on about a lot of the racing but to sum it up, Thank you Novak and Scotty for another great event... and maybe we should have 11 in the mains next year!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:59 PM   #142
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smoke81 Send a message via Yahoo to smoke81

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyPLEX View Post
Thanks to Scotty and all the Trackside crew for another great NOVAK race!!! Always a good time and awesome racing!! Great job on getting the show wrapped up early on Sunday, Kenny and I made it to Omaha by midnight.

Great to see the OK gang, hope you guys can make it up for the TCS race next month.

Congrats to all the winners!! Even Dustin in Mini Best race of the weekend had to be A2 in Mod 1/12th. Keven and Josh put on a show that had the crowd cheering lap after lap, great job guys!!

Had fun as always, hope to make it back next year!!

Tim Ski
Even though Scotty didn't announce it..... That Top Photon mini was dialed

Great racing with yeah Tim.. I'll remember that dot jump though lol See yeah this weekend.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:13 PM   #143
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks to Scotty & the trackside crew for another great show. I had fun with the [B]Oklahoma Crew[B] and Boomer. Broomer thanks for the showing us around.........
Old 01-16-2010, 12:40 PM   #144
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to picco007 Send a message via Yahoo to picco007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Boomer View Post
1st set of pics came be found Here on Boomerzworld.com

I will post Main day pictures in the next day or 2.

Boomer
Thanks for the pictures Boomer!

Ronnie
Old 01-17-2010, 11:25 AM   #145
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hella good race report...

http://www.redrc.net/2010/01/us-on-r...ak/#more-26397
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:27 AM   #146
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Glad you enjoyed the report. It was a great event and from the emails and PM's I received everyone had a great time. I think the ESC situation worked out great and there was not 1 question if somebody was doing something against the rules. thanks to my Tech crew for doing a great job with this.

We all look forward to seeing everyone next year for USORC Jan 6,7,8,9 2011

Thanks
Scotty and crew.
Scotty Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #147
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE View Post
Glad you enjoyed the report. It was a great event and from the emails and PM's I received everyone had a great time. I think the ESC situation worked out great and there was not 1 question if somebody was doing something against the rules. thanks to my Tech crew for doing a great job with this.

We all look forward to seeing everyone next year for USORC Jan 6,7,8,9 2011

Thanks
Scotty and crew.
I agree the decisions made for the ESC issues worked out well. I have implemented some these same things into my classes/regulations for the coming outdoor season at Mid America RC Raceway. Some of it will need revision later in the season Im sure but I believe this will work for now. Take a look.

MID AMERICA RC RACEWAY
As technology evolves so does racing. For this reason the classes raced here at Mid America RC Raceway tend to change each season. Recent developments is Electronic Speed Controls and Brushless Motors have drastically changed the power output and speed we have become used to over the last couple years. This has caused many race directors and the governing bodies for radio control racing around the globe to seek out new ways to modify a number of class in the interest of keeping the speeds in check so that drivers of all skill levels have a class that is suitable for their abilities.
I, as a race director of over ten years, am a firm believer in offering classes that have specifications in place to help control the speeds of the cars and also the cost of racing of racing as a whole. For this reason I have adopted some new regulations pertaining to the Vintage Trans Am and 17.5 Touring Car classes. It is my hope that these changes will be embraced by racers in this region with the understanding that the best interest of the racing public is always the first priority in such decisions.
Below is a list of the classes that will be the primary focus at Mid America Raceway for the 2010 outdoor season. I have also included a list of some of the basic rules, both new and old, for each class. Upon request we may acknowledge additional classes if there is enough interest.
TAMIYA MINI Basic TCS rules. http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/index.php

NOVICE This class is for anyone who is just getting their feet wet in RC Racing. Any Electric Chassis is allowed. Any battery with a voltage of 8.4 volts or lower is allowed. Any electric motor is allowed as long as the speed of the car is reasonably close to the majority of the field (15 - 22mph). Race director may refuse admission to this class at any time.

Vintage Trans Am Basic USVTA rules apply with some exceptions. http://www.usvintagetransam.com/rules/index.html Currently only Novak, LRP, KO, & Tekin ESC's are allowed. All ESC's must be set to their lowest power profile (no advanced timing or boost). Cars using 21.5t motors must use a gear ratio (FDR) between 5.2 - 6.0. Cars using 25.5t motors must use a gear ratio (FDR) between 4.2 - 6.0. These motor and gearing specifications are a starting point for the 2010 season and they will be adjusted accordingly if needed.

17.5 TC (limited) For this class, we are taking a few notes from the, 2010 Unites States On Road Championships. All 4wd, 190mm, electric powered, sedans are allowed. All 190mm sedan bodies are allowed. All bodies must run the stock wing and it must be level to the roof line +/- 1/8th inch. The minimum legal weight is 1425 grams. For "Non Title" events all cars must run the spec tire (MM Sweep 36R). ROAR legal 7.4 volt lipo batteries are allowed. ROAR legal 17.5t brushless motors are allowed. Currently only Novak, LRP, KO, & Tekin ESC's are allowed. All Tekins must run the version "200" software or older. These motor and ESC specifications are a starting point for the 2010 season and they will be adjusted accordingly if needed.

TC PREP (open) This class is all new for Mid America and the 2010 season. This class will give advanced TC racers an opportunity to prepare for other events. Drivers must pre-qualify for this class. To prequalify, before official qualifying begins, drivers will get one run of 10 laps. Their top 5 laps will be averaged to give their qualifying lap time. If this lap time is at or below the preset lap time, which is specific to each layout, then that driver is considered qualified to run the TC PREP class. Qualified drivers will not have to re-qualify for the class until the track layout is redone. The "Pre-Qual Time" will be set using a 17.5 motor. However, drivers may use any motor up to a 10.5 to run their "Pre-Qual". This class is technically an open motor and open tire class. However, drivers will likely come to an agreement to run similar motors each week to keep the racing tight. Any ESC is allowed. All bodies must run the stock wing and it must be level to the roof line +/- 1/8th inch. The minimum legal weight is 1425 grams.
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:45 PM   #148
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

The 3rd leg of the NEGS ran open speedo this past weekend and the 17.5 Rubber TC class was as tight as I've ever seen one. The top 9 in the B main were separated by 4 seconds in qualifying and 5 of the A main by only 2 seconds. There were all types of speed controls and the old ones did just as well as the new. Part of it was probably the layout but it certainly didn't seem like any speed control needed to be banned to keep the field close.

http://www.rc50.com/results/2010tris...rintMains.html
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:19 PM   #149
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Or8tail.

The consideration I have is to be concerned about is Stock class with open speedo rules or open version like the Tekin 203 stock is now gone. If this is what becomes the new stock, I as a track/store owner have nothing for new people to enter racing with. You cannot expect a new racer to start racing his touring car with a 17.5 and a Tekin in 203 version. That is just way to fast. That new customer will leave as quickly as they came in.

That is why I implemented the rules for Stock with no advance, no mamaba and no version 203. It worked great and still allows for a good speed stock class.

Thanks
Scotty
Scotty Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:04 PM   #150
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE View Post
Or8tail.

The consideration I have is to be concerned about is Stock class with open speedo rules or open version like the Tekin 203 stock is now gone. If this is what becomes the new stock, I as a track/store owner have nothing for new people to enter racing with. You cannot expect a new racer to start racing his touring car with a 17.5 and a Tekin in 203 version. That is just way to fast. That new customer will leave as quickly as they came in.

That is why I implemented the rules for Stock with no advance, no mamaba and no version 203. It worked great and still allows for a good speed stock class.

Thanks
Scotty
I agree it is too fast, but I also think it is too fast regardless of getting rid of those speedos. There really should be a TC class that is 21.5 or 25.5 to attract new racers (or heck even brushed silver can). Those of us at the NEGS race however had no problems with open speedo. All but the 2 that were also in the 13.5 class and the one that probably should have been were all very close in speeds and enjoy the faster speeds. All without having to race against the likes of Kevin Hebert.

I just don't want to see the hobby turn their head on those that are already in it. The meat of the group of racers might be stuck making a decision of racing in a slow/boring class, racing against top racers and pulling over every 2 laps, or quitting the hobby.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote