R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-18-2009, 08:49 PM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaan View Post
I hope his motors are better than his site. That being said, it seems that the majority of the stuff he does pertains to "checking" rather than "tweaking". Is this a fair assessment?
Brushless motors changed the whole game for a number of former brushed motor tweakers. EA is maybe a bit humble in his statements...LOL...but, I have nothing but respect for his talents is making deem suckers fast.

I have motors from all the major tweakers; but, EA motors are currently in my 17.5 and 13.5 Duo powered cars...for good reason.

Ask him about things like motor timing, speed control settings and ceramic bearings...for your situations. You will find that he is not just a "checker".

Came to me as recommended by Matt Francis.

Bill

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:24 PM   #17
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Is this an opportunity to talk about how great EA is? If so, count me in! If he's endorsed by syndr0me, you know the dude is legit.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:40 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Did I say how EA has always given me great insight into motor and ESC setups for a particular BIG event...and he is there for the BIG ones MOST of the time? Forgot about that...LOL

Old 12-19-2009, 07:07 AM   #19
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Did I say how EA has always given me great insight into motor and ESC setups for a particular BIG event...and he is there for the BIG ones MOST of the time? Forgot about that...LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Is this an opportunity to talk about how great EA is? If so, count me in! If he's endorsed by syndr0me, you know the dude is legit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Brushless motors changed the whole game for a number of former brushed motor tweakers. EA is maybe a bit humble in his statements...LOL...but, I have nothing but respect for his talents is making deem suckers fast.

I have motors from all the major tweakers; but, EA motors are currently in my 17.5 and 13.5 Duo powered cars...for good reason.

Ask him about things like motor timing, speed control settings and ceramic bearings...for your situations. You will find that he is not just a "checker".

Came to me as recommended by Matt Francis.

Bill
Thanks Bill and Adam but you guys are giving me way to much credit. Im glad I can be of help to you guys when needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaan View Post
I hope his motors are better than his site. That being said, it seems that the majority of the stuff he does pertains to "checking" rather than "tweaking". Is this a fair assessment?
Armaan,

Yes the website is very outdated but its kinda hard to find someone to update it as I dont do website stuff. About all I am capable of is updating quanities and descriptions in the OS Commerce side of the site. As for the HTML I am useless there!

Your assessment is somewhat correct. There is not a lot of Tunning to do on a BL Motor other than timing. But there are some small details that most overlook and dont realize that it actually affect's performance in a BL motor. Such as where the rotor is shimmed in the stator, where the sensor board is mounted in relation to the rotor and stator (Big factor is why some BL motors run better than other brands), and even ceramic bearings make a big difference on the dyno....Ive proven that to myself on numerous occasions in different motors. You would also be surprised in the differences between the top motors and the bottom motors. Although its not as huge a difference as brushed motors its a lot bigger than most but few realize this as they dont dyno them and dont really know what to look for in the first place. There are also dud's out of the box as well that some dont know about as they dont dyno them...just stick a label on them and ship them out.

In the end almost any BL motor can be fast when timed, geared and speedo setup correctly. But for some motors its a losing battle due to the manufacturing and just being slow. This is what I try to prevent....the dud's getting out to consumers...and trust me I have a pile of them that are useless!

Thanks
EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:02 PM   #20
Tech Champion

Oh...And EA will jump in to add his two cents...

Old 12-30-2009, 04:06 AM   #21
Tech Master

I run at this moment a 200mm pancar with a tekin rs pro, 13.5t duo2 and 2s lipo and at this moment i am really satisfied with the duo2.

As i thought the motor timing was 12 (like with certain other brands) i kept my boost on 18 for 30degrees of timing overall (turbo full at 0,2sec) . With this setup it is as fast as any other car but temperature was lower in a 7 minute race then other motors. Motor temp was 104F after 7 minute race. So there is some more room to improve speed.

Can someone give me some insight how the duo2 are timed? I read somewhere that the middle marking (standard factory timing) is not 12 like it is with a speed passion or other motors but a lot lower? I am not sure if that is correct?
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:09 AM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

He's also very friendly to old people and small dogs
Old 12-30-2009, 09:39 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)

I run my Express Duo 1 17.5's and they are absolutely SILLY fast. Never ran a Duo 2 so I can't say much there. I did just run my Express Nemesis 10.5 and can tell you I thought I accidentally put in a 4.5
The Nemesis 10.5 was just plain scary across the boards.
The Motor Tuners all have their own magic that they work. John Tag at Express has NEVER let me down with horsepower
Now I have also in the past run EA's motors with very similar results. Bottom line, both John and Eric are great Tuners and great guys who put out a phenomenal product.
Glowster21 is offline   Reply With Quote