Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree11Likes

Veteran Tamiya TA02 fan

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LATC3
I'm sure there still lots of fun to race. but rally? that's like sand paper to the chassis! it wouldn't last as long as it would on asphalt.
Not really. Remember I only drive my cars on sawdust and woodchips so apart from having to blow it all out with compressed air there is not much cleaning involved and there's no damage at all to the chassies. The car raced on road by my son it's a different story though especially with the low ride height.

I will try to get some pictures up when my camera stops playing up. Here's one of my other chassis specials I forgot to mention, another rarity from 1980 Germany, an Alpine A 310 rally on a shortened custom plates TA02.

Sorry I can't post the full size image, it won't let me probably too big a file.
Attached Thumbnails Veteran Tamiya TA02 fan-a310-full-flight.jpg  

Last edited by niznai; 03-14-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

/subscribes to thread...

will post pics later. i have got my TA02W screaming with a mamba max
Old 03-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
Sorry I can't post the full size image, it won't let me probably too big a file.
That's cool! It's like a helicopter cam from a Safari Rallye.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

lol that's insane! i like brushless better for belt drivin cars tho... these ta01-02-03 cars are just plain fun with stock silver cans. and you could see the travel of the tires after every bump..

i WISH i has a m01 tho. those cars are just plain fun and with proper tires there ready to race. if there anyone in los angeles or close we should meet up for a little tamiya stock race. i love running my mini around a home made tracks

the other tamiyas me and my brother have aren't race worthy.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

lol that's insane! i like brushless better for belt drivin cars tho... these ta01-02-03 cars are just plain fun with stock silver cans. and you could see the travel of the tires after every bump..

i WISH i has a m01 tho. those cars are just plain fun and with proper tires there ready to race. if there anyone in los angeles or close we should meet up for a little tamiya stock race. i love running my mini around a home made tracks

yeah i got pretty bored with silver cans. even my rally castrol celica has a 27T ozcharge black dot stock in it, with speed tuned gears. rooster tails everywhere! the only silver cans i have are in my shelfers.

there is a good onroad track near me that i have been tuning the TA02W on, i need to get more steering, the main problem with these TA02's is power understeer. i like them neutral. i have had good success with the HPI 26mm slicks. and you can out them on the rear of TA02W's by using the HPI deep dish 9m offset wheels.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by redzone
yeah i got pretty bored with silver cans. even my rally castrol celica has a 27T ozcharge black dot stock in it, with speed tuned gears. rooster tails everywhere! the only silver cans i have are in my shelfers.
you get bored of the silver can motors on a circuit?

when I'm bashing around, i use my mamba max system infront of my home using an old basher.

i don't think ill ever get tired of my old stock silver can when on a track or a home made track!
Old 03-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

TA03 is another kettle of fish, belts and all. That doesn't make it very suited to off road conditions. There is a Yokomo MR4TC rally car (which is mechanically an MR4TC with a completely enclosed transmission) which is extremly capable but very complex mechanically and a pain in the butt to service.

But about the M01 (my Alpine A110 came on that chassis), TECH racing made a 4WD conversion kit with an external belt for it in the past. I have seen it once, but never since then (about ten years ago).

How do I post larger picture files?
Old 03-14-2009, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Default TA-02 And FF-01

man. i miss old days. me and my buddy used to drag race from parking lot at night. i had trinity dirtynator 8tx4 in my ta-02 with one-way in front. i was hitting every wall braking arms, hubs, and bending lots of shafts. also massive gritching had to put capacitor, 2x stocky diodes still... charging 1600mah nicd for 16 mins and after 3 mins it is gone, and end of stick pack used to melting. i can't belive i sold all ta-02,ff-01, m-01.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

TA03 is another kettle of fish, belts and all. That doesn't make it very suited to off road conditions. There is a Yokomo MR4TC rally car (which is mechanically an MR4TC with a completely enclosed transmission) which is extremly capable but very complex mechanically and a pain in the butt to service.

But about the M01 (my Alpine A110 came on that chassis), TECH racing made a 4WD conversion kit with an external belt for it in the past. I have seen it once, but never since then (about ten years ago).

"lol that's insane! i like brushless better for belt drivin cars tho... these ta01-02-03 cars are just plain fun with stock silver cans. and you could see the travel of the tires after every bump.."

when i said that i didn't mean rally or "offroad" i ment seeing the susp' travel with small bumps in the asphalt! the only thing I've rallyed or did some offroad in was my old tc3 basher.

and yes man! tell me about it! i use to have a m02l porsche 911 with a tech racing belt drivin rear end!!! it was insane fast. so fast that i couldn't leave my finger on the trigger because the front will lift off the ground and ill have to slow down in order to stear. the power of two great companys coming together and the creation was mind blowing. to bad all that tech racing stuff is in collecters hands and not the runners hands LOL

i think ima put my ff01 fully together toniight =] ;-)
Old 03-14-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Phat-Boy
man. i miss old days. me and my buddy used to drag race from parking lot at night. i had trinity dirtynator 8tx4 in my ta-02 with one-way in front. i was hitting every wall braking arms, hubs, and bending lots of shafts. also massive gritching had to put capacitor, 2x stocky diodes still... charging 1600mah nicd for 16 mins and after 3 mins it is gone, and end of stick pack used to melting. i can't belive i sold all ta-02,ff-01, m-01.
lol yeessiirr! i remember but i couldn't afford 1600mah bach then so i stuck with the 1100mah nicd!!!!

i miss all my super old cars too =[
Old 03-14-2009, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

I have managed to upload a couple of short crappy videos on youtube with the Celica and the Peugeot here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAawjhYxcVs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElPN6...eature=channel
Old 03-15-2009, 01:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

You talking about this one...
http://blog.roodo.com/tamiyaclub/archives/296227.html
Old 03-15-2009, 02:33 AM
Tech Elite

Yes, I think that's it. The one I have seen was on ebay though.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

Here's mine:
Attached Thumbnails Veteran Tamiya TA02 fan-ta-02-001.jpg   Veteran Tamiya TA02 fan-ta-02-002.jpg   Veteran Tamiya TA02 fan-ta-02-003.jpg   Veteran Tamiya TA02 fan-ta-02-004.jpg  
Old 03-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DLS II
Here's mine:

wow she's a beauty!!!!! i like the carbon
fiber chassis. is it tamiya chassis? and what other mods are on the car!
looks sweeeet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.