R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-04-2009, 06:42 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default What speed and torque servo for stock sedan?

Well, up until now I've just ran my servo out of my offroad buggy in my sedan, but with christmans bonus I've finally got the Extra money to buy a servo for my touring car. I've been running the associated ds1015 in it, but would like to get a low profile servo for it, plus I'm tired of moving servos back and forth between cars. What would be the recommended speed and torque of a good servo for my sedan? Any recommendations? Doesn't have to be the newest thing on the market as I hope to be able to find a good used on on here. I've heard that anything under .13 on speed and around 120oz torque is what I need but just want to hear some opinions on this.
AndysD8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:47 PM   #2
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndysD8 View Post
Well, up until now I've just ran my servo out of my offroad buggy in my sedan, but with christmans bonus I've finally got the Extra money to buy a servo for my touring car. I've been running the associated ds1015 in it, but would like to get a low profile servo for it, plus I'm tired of moving servos back and forth between cars. What would be the recommended speed and torque of a good servo for my sedan? Any recommendations? Doesn't have to be the newest thing on the market as I hope to be able to find a good used on on here. I've heard that anything under .13 on speed and around 120oz torque is what I need but just want to hear some opinions on this.
so uh where do you live andysd8?
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES /RC-OMG USA/ TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:58 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Quote:
DS1015 is what I run in my Mi3, it was a backup for off road!
JR9100S - This would be my 1st choice, super fast, strong and heat sink plus 3 year warranty.
anotherrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Futaba 9551, or the Futaba BLS551. Both perfect servos for any kind of TC racing.
Danny-b23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:05 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

OK shane369
mp94u is offline   Reply With Quote