how would u balance a tc left to right with 1's
rosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:07 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosko View Post
how would u balance a tc left to right with 1's
1S is a lot shorter than a 2S pack, so you have room to mount the ESC and receiver on the battery side. One possible way to do it.
Serpent S411 Eryx 4.0 USGT
Team Serpent America and Desoto Racing
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:16 PM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
i look at 1s touring from a cost standpoint and not speed. $60 lipo vs. $125 lipo. three 1s packs equal $180 while three 2s packs equal $375.
Why would you buy three 2s packs? It's easy to race two classes at club racing pace with just two packs. At big races, you only need one pack.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:22 PM   #34
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I dont understand though, Why go 1s when you can go run something like a 8.5 or something of that sort and just run that? Even if it isnt much faster or any faster then a 13.5 with timing advance (im not sure), you wont have to worry about good lipos, timing advance, and new motors.

Seems like going to 1s solves some problems. And creates more. I wouldnt think a 1s lipo would like a 4.5 or a 3.5 in a TC very much. I guess it would be a good test to see whos lipos are rated true
Old 12-04-2009, 10:00 PM   #35
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy View Post
I am not sure you understand Ohms law but your statement is completely false.

I think that mod needs to come back as the new speedo's are killing TC spec classes!! Not sure if single cell is the answer but something to look at. I think the life voltage may be a better way to go.
No, it is not. You're assuming that the change to 1s would be the only change. If the change were to happen, racers would change motors to regain the speed. If you take away volts, you must increase amperage to get back to the same power output (wattage). Now you're thermalling and 5000mah doesn't seem like alot any more. 1/12 can do it because the cars never needed much torque to get them going.

The new speed controls are killing spec motor classes. What's funny to me is that they want to go faster at any expense but are scared to run mod.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:03 PM   #36
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Yeah one way to keep the timing advance speedos from affecting mod is to make a like you said an 8.5 the motor for spec mod if you called it that or something. 8.5 on many tracks is to much. Heck even 10.5 that is evident. As this would be plenty fast and lead to throttle control of the driver or to de-tune the motor so it did not have the full speed out of it. Like running a much higher FDR or reducing timing a bunch.

What I think really needs to happen is ROAR needs to go back to the rules for TC and modify them sooner than later here to somewhat save the TC scene. As it is right now with the newer technology it is really making drivers rethink about running TC.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:04 PM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I'm sure 1 cell lipos will help out RC like brushless motors and lipos did.

l MOMO USA l OZ Racing l Willwood Brakes | Dunlop Tires |

The Raceway at Beaver: Forever In Blue Jeans
Mark506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:04 PM   #38
Tech Master

this is an expensive hobby, but it is so much cheaper than it use to be since brushless/lipo.dont think 1cell tc is a good idea this is part of the reason that no one races, to many people want to change to many things and their is to many classes which divides to many racers. low turn out at big races maybe because of high entry fees.
rosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:04 PM   #39
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

You do not increase amperage. It is relative to resistance and voltage. The only way to increase amperage is to increase voltage or decrease resistance. That is the ONLY way you can increase amperage.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:22 PM   #40
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Why when..

Why, when almost all of us racing touring car already have the LIPOs, the motors, the 2 cell chassis, the wind motors for the class we enjoy..

If we used 1 cell:

All new Chassis to make the 1 cell balance.

Throw away our $100.00 2 Cell's.

Find the Spec Wind's.

Prevent the people that already invested in 2 cell stock racing from bailing out of racing, just because we told them they have to reinvest to race.

Develop a enough of a following so that spending cash on 1 cell TC would be worth the time.

Get ROAR to develop a class for it.

Prevent VooDoo ESC's from entering the playing field.

Make it fast enough for the true "Open Modified" drivers.

I like that people are trying to come up with new way's to grow touring. But why. I don't hear that many people complaining. True, for new people it may be cheaper. But a lot of us have our money already in. Don't wanna spend twice.

-Mike Owen