Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Touring Car Chassis >

New Touring Car Chassis

New Touring Car Chassis

Old 12-02-2009, 02:28 PM
  #1  
Tech Lord
Thread Starter
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,921
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default New Touring Car Chassis

So to keep up....
  • X-Ray released the T3 as a revision to the T2'009.
  • Tamiya released the 416x as a revision to the 416WE
  • Yokomo released (awhile back) the BD-5 as the next platform after the BD.
  • Schumacher released the Mi4 and Mi4LP as the next platform after the Mi3 and Mi3.5
  • Corally released the Phi '09 as a revision to the Phi
  • Top Racing released the Photon as the next platform after the Scythe

What about....
  • Team Associated - TC5F & TC5R
  • Hot Bodies - Cyclone TC
  • Team Magic - E4 series
  • Robotronic - Avid

did i miss any? Discuss.
Hebiki is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 02:35 PM
  #2  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
bboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 639
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
So to keep up....

What about....
  • Team Associated - TC5F & TC5R
  • Hot Bodies - Cyclone TC
  • Team Magic - E4 series
  • Robotronic - Avid

did i miss any? Discuss.
TC6F/R
Cyclone Hara V.IIx
E5
Avid+
bboard is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 02:46 PM
  #3  
Tech Lord
Thread Starter
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,921
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bboard View Post
TC6F/R
Cyclone Hara V.IIx
E5
Avid+


sorry i guess i didnt make myself clear. will we SEE revisions for these cars? i know there is an Avid2 being worked on. Not sure about the rest.
Hebiki is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 02:51 PM
  #4  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (75)
 
artwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 3,278
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post


sorry i guess i didnt make myself clear. will we SEE revisions for these cars? i know there is an Avid2 being worked on. Not sure about the rest.
I have been hearing nasty rumors about no new AE Chassis in the works...I think with the size of the team and the talent on that team this would be a bad move for AE.
artwork is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 02:53 PM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Danny-b23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Posts: 1,357
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
So to keep up....
  • X-Ray released the T3 as a revision to the T2'009.
  • Tamiya released the 416x as a revision to the 416WE
  • Yokomo released (awhile back) the BD-5 as the next platform after the BD.
  • Schumacher released the Mi4 and Mi4LP as the next platform after the Mi3 and Mi3.5
  • Corally released the Phi '09 as a revision to the Phi
  • Top Racing released the Photon as the next platform after the Scythe

What about....
  • Team Associated - TC5F & TC5R
  • Hot Bodies - Cyclone TC
  • Team Magic - E4 series
  • Robotronic - Avid

did i miss any? Discuss.
  • Team Associated - TC5F & TC5R
  • Hot Bodies - Cyclone TC'10
  • Team Magic - E5
  • Robotronic - Avid 2
Danny-b23 is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 03:24 PM
  #6  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
Skruger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: AT YOUR TRACK
Posts: 1,535
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by artwork View Post
I have been hearing nasty rumors about no new AE Chassis in the works...I think with the size of the team and the talent on that team this would be a bad move for AE.
The TC3 lasted 10 years before the fabled TC4 almost sunk them.
The TC5 is a state of the art chassis that should last another decade
Skruger is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 03:35 PM
  #7  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
bboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 639
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post


sorry i guess i didnt make myself clear. will we SEE revisions for these cars? i know there is an Avid2 being worked on. Not sure about the rest.
I was just kidding, but that was the first thing that popped into my head.
bboard is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 03:46 PM
  #8  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
xtrememadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 978
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

kevin heberts tc5 had some new bulkheads on it at the halloween classic. the camber links were attached to these bulkheads instead of the shock tower. like the 416. also hes been running with the motor mount moved inline with the left bulkhead. these changes are for better balance for lipo cause it moves everything more towards center. if they release another car it will probably just be a lipo version with the above changes put into production. kevins car works extremely well with these changes so that would be cool to see!!
xtrememadness is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 03:50 PM
  #9  
Tech Lord
Thread Starter
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,921
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by xtrememadness View Post
kevin heberts tc5 had some new bulkheads on it at the halloween classic. the camber links were attached to these bulkheads instead of the shock tower. like the 416. also hes been running with the motor mount moved inline with the left bulkhead. these changes are for better balance for lipo cause it moves everything more towards center. if they release another car it will probably just be a lipo version with the above changes put into production. kevins car works extremely well with these changes so that would be cool to see!!
the camberlink positions would be an easy upgrade to provide since you just replace the top half of the bulkhead.
Hebiki is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 03:58 PM
  #10  
Company Representative
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,855
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

How bout a new Losi sedan!

it would be called "JRXS-type-H 1:18th scale RTR LED bling bling on and off road, rock climbing Hybrid version."

of cos Type-H stands for Horizon toy distributor. I mean Hobby Dist.
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 05:39 PM
  #11  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (104)
 
Core Creations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 5,983
Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)
Default

...and it will be ready for release in 2WEEKS!
Originally Posted by da_John_wee View Post
How bout a new Losi sedan!

it would be called "JRXS-type-H 1:18th scale RTR LED bling bling on and off road, rock climbing Hybrid version."

of cos Type-H stands for Horizon toy distributor. I mean Hobby Dist.
Core Creations is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 06:10 PM
  #12  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 33
Default

Originally Posted by xtrememadness View Post
kevin heberts tc5 had some new bulkheads on it at the halloween classic. the camber links were attached to these bulkheads instead of the shock tower. like the 416. also hes been running with the motor mount moved inline with the left bulkhead. these changes are for better balance for lipo cause it moves everything more towards center. if they release another car it will probably just be a lipo version with the above changes put into production. kevins car works extremely well with these changes so that would be cool to see!!
Not exactly a new modification though.... a guy on here has been making and selling inline motormounts now for over a year..

Something new coming soon
PickenStir is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 06:31 PM
  #13  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Rick said no replacement for the TC5 anytime soon when the topic came up about a month ago.
or8ital is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 07:24 PM
  #14  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
xtrememadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 978
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PickenStir View Post
Not exactly a new modification though.... a guy on here has been making and selling inline motormounts now for over a year..

Something new coming soon
i know but his are not blue!! either way inline is a good thing for the car.
xtrememadness is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 07:29 PM
  #15  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
geeunit1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The dirty burnie
Posts: 5,661
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Rick said no replacement for the TC5 anytime soon when the topic came up about a month ago.
All im gonna say is, I would be surprised if AE doesn't have something prototyped up for the worlds for '10
geeunit1014 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.