R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-20-2010, 03:16 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Anybody got any more news or reviews on this chassis ?
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:34 PM   #32
Tech Regular

Default Parts support in the US?

After 4 months of driving and racing, my 211 finally broke a C-hub (clipped a 2x4 at the end of the straight going full throttle). I must say I'm quite impressed with the durability of this little car especially since it has seen most if its track time running a 21.5T with the 17.5T equipped touring cars at the local club races. Does anyone know of any retailers in the US that sells parts for the 211? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:09 PM   #33
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default 211go

Check out these guys

reflexracing.n_e_t

We just started racing them on asphalt here in Houston. Lots of fun.

What kind of track are you racing on?
dorkmissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #34
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqgti View Post
After 4 months of driving and racing, my 211 finally broke a C-hub (clipped a 2x4 at the end of the straight going full throttle). I must say I'm quite impressed with the durability of this little car especially since it has seen most if its track time running a 21.5T with the 17.5T equipped touring cars at the local club races. Does anyone know of any retailers in the US that sells parts for the 211? Thanks in advance.
Instock !
http://rcmarket.com.hk/index.php?cPath=51_98_121_266
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:26 PM   #35
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info dorkmissle. I'll have to go through them if I need parts when I'm in a pinch. The Fujin is setup for asphalt right now. Depending on how large the 4WD M-class is in the winter, it may end up being an asphalt only car.

I was a bit impatient and placed an order through RCmarket in the early hours Monday morning. Tracking number says it already left HK, so hopefully it should be here before this weekend's race. Thanks RCMarket for getting that sent out quickly!
Old 05-28-2010, 02:29 PM   #36
Tech Master

Questions??

Could somebody tell me if these 2 stuffs of Atomic could fit in Fujin, please:

CV universal swing shaft for Tamiya M series chassis: http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-tl0...s-p-30963.html
TRF416 gear diff(i guess is surely fit, just to confirm):http://www.egrracing.com/shop/gear-d...16-p-3773.html

About the shock springs and anti-rollbars, in fact didn't see about these parts is on sale in market, which parts of other makes could replace them?

Best regards
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:01 PM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Could somebody tell me if these 2 stuffs of Atomic could fit in Fujin, please:

CV universal swing shaft for Tamiya M series chassis: http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-tl0...s-p-30963.html
TRF416 gear diff(i guess is surely fit, just to confirm):http://www.egrracing.com/shop/gear-d...16-p-3773.html

About the shock springs and anti-rollbars, in fact didn't see about these parts is on sale in market, which parts of other makes could replace them?

Best regards
The Tamiya 416 ball diff fits in the fujin perfectly. Tested it before. Therefore I would imagine the gear diffs for 416 would fit too.

Any swing shafts for M-chassis would fit but be careful with length. Square has a blue color alu swing shaft. It was 29mm and the fujin's are 28mm. Even at 28mm its was a just right length at the right hand side. Any longer it will hit the diff nut. Most M-chassis swing shafts are 30mm.

I tried Tamiya anti-roll bars. 415/416/evo-5 works. Just need to widen it a tad.

Tamiya TRF short springs or Touring short springs works.
old-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:16 AM   #38
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hey guys, just a small question,

if i get it right, there are 2 fujin cars?? one made by fujin Japan and one made by 3racing HK??

is that right??

cheers

Ali
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:08 AM   #39
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO View Post

if i get it right, there are 2 fujin cars?? one made by fujin Japan and one made by 3racing HK??

is that right??

cheers

Ali
They are the same car made by 3Racing.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:02 AM   #40
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-man View Post
The Tamiya 416 ball diff fits in the fujin perfectly. Tested it before. Therefore I would imagine the gear diffs for 416 would fit too.

Any swing shafts for M-chassis would fit but be careful with length. Square has a blue color alu swing shaft. It was 29mm and the fujin's are 28mm. Even at 28mm its was a just right length at the right hand side. Any longer it will hit the diff nut. Most M-chassis swing shafts are 30mm.

I tried Tamiya anti-roll bars. 415/416/evo-5 works. Just need to widen it a tad.

Tamiya TRF short springs or Touring short springs works.
Wait, Isn't it also 30mm in front shaft of 211go?
And about the shaft is 30mm of other cars, but which ones, could you name it here, please?
But what does mean widen a tad with roll bar?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO View Post

is that right??

cheers

Ali
Quote:
Originally Posted by old-man View Post
They are the same car made by 3Racing.
Yes, Fujin is name look alike japanese, but in fact is HK design and made in China.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:25 AM   #41
Tech Elite

The statement above is not true. The Fujin is a Japanese brand manufactured by World Space Cad Inc. (which is in China), the parent company to 3Racing (which is in HK). 3Racing is just a distributor. The "Japanese" car is the same exact one as the "Chinese/HK" Car. Fujin, like pretty much every RC car manufacturer is just a design house that outsources its manufacturing to China.

We have just recently started our racing program. The little car does great and is super fast with a 17.5 on a 60x50ft track.

So far these are my impressions of about 1 month of driving the car:

-The chassis does lean quite a bit in the sweeper due to the motor being so far out and it drags quite a bit even with 5.5mm of ride height, this makes the car a bit loose at high speed. I already am running the stiffest spring setting.

-The swaybar ball cups in the front bind on the molded plastic balls that are incorporated into the arms. Due to this, I have not installed the sway bar, because it just does not feel free. I wish I could, as the chassis has so much body roll.

-Adjustability is incredible, there is so much you can do with the car. Uses the tamiya blocks which give you so many possibilities to tune with different track widths, arm sweeps and toe settings.

-Front knuckles strip the bottom kingpin screw out with just minimal hits. If you replace the machined screw with a plastic self threading screw, it helps improve durability a a lot.

-Caster blocks seem to break easily. At the time our track is kind of rough on cars, but I have seen some break on some medium to hard impacts. I know, this happens with all cars, but this is just an observation. We did find out that cyclone caster blocks fit, so we will try fitting those. This will allow us to change our front caster

-Car comes with 2 degrees of rear toe in. This is not enough at our track, so we have switched to 3 degrees. I am even considering doing 3.5 to get the rear to stick as the car swings the tail quite a bit. Our track is about medium grip.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #42
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
The statement above is not true. The Fujin is a Japanese brand manufactured by World Space Cad Inc. (which is in China), the parent company to 3Racing (which is in HK). 3Racing is just a distributor. The "Japanese" car is the same exact one as the "Chinese/HK" Car. Fujin, like pretty much every RC car manufacturer is just a design house that outsources its manufacturing to China.

We have just recently started our racing program. The little car does great and is super fast with a 17.5 on a 60x50ft track.

So far these are my impressions of about 1 month of driving the car:

-The chassis does lean quite a bit in the sweeper due to the motor being so far out and it drags quite a bit even with 5.5mm of ride height, this makes the car a bit loose at high speed. I already am running the stiffest spring setting.

-The swaybar ball cups in the front bind on the molded plastic balls that are incorporated into the arms. Due to this, I have not installed the sway bar, because it just does not feel free. I wish I could, as the chassis has so much body roll.

-Adjustability is incredible, there is so much you can do with the car. Uses the tamiya blocks which give you so many possibilities to tune with different track widths, arm sweeps and toe settings.

-Front knuckles strip the bottom kingpin screw out with just minimal hits. If you replace the machined screw with a plastic self threading screw, it helps improve durability a a lot.

-Caster blocks seem to break easily. At the time our track is kind of rough on cars, but I have seen some break on some medium to hard impacts. I know, this happens with all cars, but this is just an observation. We did find out that cyclone caster blocks fit, so we will try fitting those. This will allow us to change our front caster

-Car comes with 2 degrees of rear toe in. This is not enough at our track, so we have switched to 3 degrees. I am even considering doing 3.5 to get the rear to stick as the car swings the tail quite a bit. Our track is about medium grip.
Yes, i have hear caster blocks break easily. The worst kind is in fact our race is compulsory using TPS 3700KV motor, which the car will suffering much more comparing with yours 17.5. If Cyclone/pro4 blocks fits, better could be also the aluminium 1, this could be good for me, in fact i run Cyclone TC.
But, if caster block of pro4 fits, but the knuckle of the HPI could not fit, isn't it?
How about the 29mm drive shaft of M05, will it fit at least i use long arms?
About 2 degrees toe in, i wonder change the car at least 3 degrees or maybe 3.5, using tamiya blocks.

Last edited by mac853; 05-29-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:19 PM   #43
Tech Elite

No, the knuckle is too long in comparison to the Fujin, they will make the car too wide. With the Cyclone C Hub, you have to shave a little bit off the front and the back we just found out, maybe like 1mm on each side to make it fit properly.

If there was enough interest at some point, I could possibly get some made out of aluminum, but I doubt the demand would be high enough.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:08 PM   #44
Tech Regular

Put me down for a set if it goes through.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:42 AM   #45
Tech Master

Quote:
Wait, Isn't it also 30mm in front shaft of 211go?
And about the shaft is 30mm of other cars, but which ones, could you name it here, please?
Tamiya M-03 drive shafts are 30mm. And yes you are right. The 28mm's are rear and 30mm's front.