Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
my keeps glitching/twitching!! what do i do? >

my keeps glitching/twitching!! what do i do?

my keeps glitching/twitching!! what do i do?

Old 11-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

Questions?? my keeps glitching/twitching!! what do i do?

hi everyone. my car has been twitching/glitching on me when im not even that far away from it. im really close.it never did this before but one day it started to do this and ever since its beenn doing that. everything on my car is fine such as the receiver and the radio. my radio has good batteries in it and my receiver is still fine, and my crystals. some guy said that the brushless systems pulls so much battery voltage or something like that so that the receiver doesnt get enough battery to the reciever on my car. he siad that i should get a capacitor or something like that. im not to sure what that is and what it does, but he said that it would make things better. can i get some advice on what to do, and some advice whether this guy is right. thanx everyone
Old 11-30-2009, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Is your motor cogging? Does it seem like it's stuttering rather than "glitching."

I know it sounds synonymous, but cogging is describing the motor and glitching in my definition is the radio dropping in and out of lock...

On my first brushless system, I discovered that one of my battery pack was not up to the task of sourcing enough current to the ESC and motor, which caused the car to "cog"
Old 12-01-2009, 05:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
Is your motor cogging? Does it seem like it's stuttering rather than "glitching."

I know it sounds synonymous, but cogging is describing the motor and glitching in my definition is the radio dropping in and out of lock...

On my first brushless system, I discovered that one of my battery pack was not up to the task of sourcing enough current to the ESC and motor, which caused the car to "cog"
i know what you mean but i dont think thats the problem because its not only my motor but like i said when it gets to a certain distance(not very far) everything on my car twitches and glitches, such as the servo. if i get that capacitor do you think that will work?
Old 12-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default radio

What Kind of radio do you use?
Old 12-01-2009, 05:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

if your keeps glitching you need to the whole thing!
Old 12-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Suspended

Run after your car so it doesn't get too far away, problem solved..

Case closed
Old 12-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
if your keeps glitching you need to the whole thing!
Old 12-01-2009, 06:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
read the title
Old 12-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mytto1
hi everyone. my car has been twitching/glitching on me when im not even that far away from it. im really close.it never did this before but one day it started to do this and ever since its beenn doing that. everything on my car is fine such as the receiver and the radio. my radio has good batteries in it and my receiver is still fine, and my crystals. some guy said that the brushless systems pulls so much battery voltage or something like that so that the receiver doesnt get enough battery to the reciever on my car. he siad that i should get a capacitor or something like that. im not to sure what that is and what it does, but he said that it would make things better. can i get some advice on what to do, and some advice whether this guy is right. thanx everyone
You need to give more detail than that. Glitching isn't an unambiguous symptom for something or other. There can be a multitude of things. Start by explaining what BL system you use, what radio, etc.

A capacitor might mitigate some of the problem but may not solve it. If the car glitches depending how far away you are rather than current drain (i.e. it glitches when it's just standing still) then a capacitor is not going to do anything for you and you need to check the radio rather than the BL or servo. That's where I would start. Get back with some more info and we might be able to help you.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mytto1
What radio system you run? Batteries lipo or NiMh? Voltage of lipo & NiMh?
Old 12-02-2009, 03:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
read the title
got it.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I practically had one such case twitching. What happens the car does not goes straight. I put on on the stand. Pull the throttle to 3/4. The steering starts to twitch 2mm left right. When I happen to slow it down it twiches but lesser.

After some troubleshooting the GTB Esc seem to be the problem. I had it replaced.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

What I mean was send the GTB for warranty claims. After they replaced, no more such problems.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by niznai
You need to give more detail than that. Glitching isn't an unambiguous symptom for something or other. There can be a multitude of things. Start by explaining what BL system you use, what radio, etc.

A capacitor might mitigate some of the problem but may not solve it. If the car glitches depending how far away you are rather than current drain (i.e. it glitches when it's just standing still) then a capacitor is not going to do anything for you and you need to check the radio rather than the BL or servo. That's where I would start. Get back with some more info and we might be able to help you.
i have the novak havok spec brushless system and a airtronics mx-3 radio. and no it does not glitch when standing still, only when im running it. its starts to glitch when im about 3/4 of a big rig away(not really far at all)it might be the current drain beacuse i use 7.2v 5100 Ni MH with the 10.5 motr. could that have anything to do with my problem? and i appreciate you helping me. thank you.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Are you refering to 3/4 throttle as I did mentioned? I had the same with Novak GTB beforehand. The support reactify the issue via replacement. A newer version of the same hence look a bit different.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.