R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Thrown wire in motor. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/34808-thrown-wire-motor.html)

edseb 03-01-2004 10:25 PM

Thrown wire in motor.

O kay. I ran one of those Epic Binary stock motors and overgeared it. It threw a wind and smoked a little. Does it go to the garbage can, or is there something I can do to salvage it? I'm hoping for a miracle, but my guess is that it is to the garbage can.:(

mb racer 03-01-2004 10:38 PM

Re: Thrown wire in motor.

Originally posted by edseb
O kay. I ran one of those Epic Binary stock motors and overgeared it. It threw a wind and smoked a little. Does it go to the garbage can, or is there something I can do to salvage it? I'm hoping for a miracle, but my guess is that it is to the garbage can.:(
WELL if you havent melted the the coating off the can ,and the magnets are still ok ,, youll be able to use the can .. youll have to get a new ARM .. and who knows youll at least have a good practice motor....(ive burnt alot of motors ) so i know what im talking about ..hehe

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :lol:

Joe B 03-01-2004 10:46 PM

You guessed it:nod: in my experience even if you dont break a winding, but just smoke a motor even a little(burn off some epoxy inside) they feel kinda flat when you run them.....kinda like the bianary stock did to begin with:lol:

mb racer 03-01-2004 10:52 PM

Originally posted by Joe B
You guessed it:nod: in my experience even if you dont break a winding, but just smoke a motor even a little(burn off some epoxy inside) they feel kinda flat when you run them.....kinda like the bianary stock did to begin with:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: well ive been lucky so far and have burnt so many motors ,, some look foward to me putting on a show.. hehe I melted a monster once and won the A main with it whille it was on fire ,, melted the motor and even the label shurnk while we watched ..

mb racer 03-01-2004 10:53 PM

Originally posted by mb racer
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: well ive been lucky so far and have burnt so many motors ,, some look foward to me putting on a show.. hehe I melted a monster once and won the A main with it whille it was on fire ,, melted the motor and even the label shurnk while we watched .it smoking....

mb racer 03-01-2004 10:54 PM

wow hit the wrong button.. :confused: :confused: :confused: :weird: :weird:

Randy Caster 03-01-2004 10:56 PM

In my experience with thrown winds, the magnet takes some damage as well, I usually just can the motor...

edseb 03-01-2004 11:03 PM

Thanks. That's what I thought. It was a new motor. I usually run a pro monster and thought I'd just try something different since I've heard they're legal now. First time out and its trashed. :(

Randy Caster 03-02-2004 07:47 AM

It definately sucks, I've never thrown a wind in a stock motor, just a couple of my faster mod motors.

dr_hfuhuhurr 03-02-2004 07:52 AM

Trinity has this problem every time they release a new motor. I had 2 monsters de-laminate on me when they first came out. Haven't had enough of the Binaries to really get into trouble.

In time they'll fix all the issues and they will be good motors again.

hobbipro 03-02-2004 08:26 AM

Binary legal now? thats news to me! Did ROAR cave in? Might as well throw out the rule book. Heck, I'd love to put bearings in stock motors!

EddieO 03-02-2004 08:33 AM

The binary is NOT legal and it won't ever be in 2004....I think they will cave on allowing 4 mag stockers, but I don't see them giving into epoxy balanced arms.

Later EddieO

futureal 03-02-2004 08:41 AM

The newest ROAR rules add exceptions for the *Modified* Binary 2 motors, not to be confused with the stock Binaries. That might be where you (whoever it was that posted that) read it.

Randy Caster 03-02-2004 09:16 AM

Originally posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Trinity has this problem every time they release a new motor. I had 2 monsters de-laminate on me when they first came out. Haven't had enough of the Binaries to really get into trouble.

In time they'll fix all the issues and they will be good motors again.

Actually, I've never thrown a wind on any EPIC motor...

Wild Cherry 03-02-2004 09:37 AM

I have seen many a racer check & test their stock motor`s by direct power from a battery pack ,spining the motor up to max rpm`s.....

A big No -no> cus it can loosen up the com wires spinning at such high rpm`s.

Stock motor`s do not have glue binding the com wire`s like mod motor`s. Thus ,they are real easy to unwrap at high rpm & toss a com wire.:tire: