R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 03:49 PM   #61
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs View Post
Availability you cant get your hands on them.

Quote:
As of right at Horsham we will not be allowing the advanced electronic speedo to be ran at Horsham. Due to the lack of availability, high price point, and competitive advantage we feel it won't be fair to allow the speedo to be ran. The mamba will be allowed to be ran as long as it has not been modified with hardware changes. We will review the situation during next month and make another ruling after Jan 1st.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:50 PM   #62
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
The ban on the mamba was due to hardware modding. You cant mod your motors you shouldnt be able to mod your speedo by changing chips.
Understood, thanks for the clarification.

Was Hupo or anybody else testing the new SXX Stock Spec? I'm curious if LRP has come up with something to compete with the Black Diamond, especially since it's not software upgradable.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:04 PM   #63
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

You'd all (including the ones that are cheering for the new speed control) be happier if all timing advance speed controls were banned from motor-limited classes. Timing advance adjustablility adds absolutely nothing to the quality of the racing experience. The point of 17.5 and 13.5 racing is that it's slower. Does nobody remember that just a year ago ROAR adjusted the motor limits for stock and super stock because 13.5 got too fast for stock? Again, these classes exist for the sole purpose of slower racing. Everyone wants their 13.5 to be faster but nobody wants to run mod. On-road racing keeps shooting itself in the foot, it can't help itself...

I'm glad I race offroad too.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:05 PM   #64
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Understood, thanks for the clarification.

Was Hupo or anybody else testing the new SXX Stock Spec? I'm curious if LRP has come up with something to compete with the Black Diamond, especially since it's not software upgradable.
Hupo dropped out of the class due to the speedo
Old 11-30-2009, 04:06 PM   #65
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
As of right at Horsham we will not be allowing the advanced electronic speedo to be ran at Horsham. Due to the lack of availability, high price point, and competitive advantage we feel it won't be fair to allow the speedo to be ran. The mamba will be allowed to be ran as long as it has not been modified with hardware changes. We will review the situation during next month and make another ruling after Jan 1st.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:08 PM   #66
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
You'd all (including the ones that are cheering for the new speed control) be happier if all timing advance speed controls were banned from motor-limited classes. Timing advance adjustablility adds absolutely nothing to the quality of the racing experience. The point of 17.5 and 13.5 racing is that it's slower. Does nobody remember that just a year ago ROAR adjusted the motor limits for stock and super stock because 13.5 got too fast for stock? Again, these classes exist for the sole purpose of slower racing. Everyone wants their 13.5 to be faster but nobody wants to run mod. On-road racing keeps shooting itself in the foot, it can't help itself...

I'm glad I race offroad too.
THis guy for roar president since he has a clue. Agree completely....
Old 11-30-2009, 04:09 PM   #67
Tech Champion

I see why some of these guys go to off-road. They don't understand the difference between wanting to go faster vs wanting to go fastest in the stock class. No one disagrees that racing needs to be slower, lower costs, more spec, etc. But we live in the world we live in and the rules are such that we must deal with faster technology being introduced. So the question is about the mess being caused by situational bans not if there should be more limitations in place to make the equipment more equal or spec.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:10 PM   #68
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to munrath

Cuffs your my hero

Are you boys coming down for the NEGS race?

Races for 2015:
PNB, AMS, E-Nats Warm-up, E-Nats, LCRC North East Challenge, RAC, LCRC Halloween, Badlands, ROAR Region 2 Series, and Local Club Racing
Old 11-30-2009, 04:10 PM   #69
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
Is the latest tekin firmware always available to everyone?

Obviously price is playing a factor in your tracks ban. Not singling any track out as yours isn't the only one. Im also not saying a ban is or isn't needed. Just trying to get at why its being banned at certain tracks. Situational bans certainly seem to be causing a mess or potential mess.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:15 PM   #70
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to munrath

Quote:
You already know the answer to this... LOL

Mark

Races for 2015:
PNB, AMS, E-Nats Warm-up, E-Nats, LCRC North East Challenge, RAC, LCRC Halloween, Badlands, ROAR Region 2 Series, and Local Club Racing
Old 11-30-2009, 04:17 PM   #71
Tech Master

Quote:

Obviously price is playing a factor in your tracks ban. Not singling any track out as yours isn't the only one. Im also not saying a ban is or isn't needed. Just trying to get at why its being banned at certain tracks. Situational bans certainly seem to be causing a mess or potential mess.
No the reason being is that if it isnt right speedos let out the magic smoke. TESTING Making sure everything is right before its released.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:18 PM   #72
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by munrath View Post
Cuffs your my hero

Are you boys coming down for the NEGS race?
Is the carpet down? did the boards go down and did they help?
Old 11-30-2009, 04:18 PM   #73
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by munrath View Post
You already know the answer to this... The team drivers always have the beta versions first. Now this could be to give them the advantage, or they don't want customers blowing up stuff, etc...

LOL

Mark
You are right, I do . But it seems to be a double standard. Leads me to believe the real reason for a ban is not the lack of availability. If that were the case Tekin drivers wouldn't use firmware in meaningful races that isn't available to the public.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:19 PM   #74
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Quote:

Im still running v189 is that the latest?

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
Old 11-30-2009, 04:20 PM   #75
Tech Champion

Quote:
No the reason being is that if it isnt right speedos let out the magic smoke. TESTING Making sure everything is right before its released.
"testing" can be done in practice and not in meaningful races. Not suggesting you use prototype firmware in meaningful races but I know some Tekin racers do.
Closed Thread