Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
BASIC SET-UP MANUAL??? >

BASIC SET-UP MANUAL???

BASIC SET-UP MANUAL???

Old 11-28-2009, 05:41 PM
  #1  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Northern California
Posts: 906
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default BASIC SET-UP MANUAL???

I am in the process of building my first touring car and wanted to know if there is a basic set-up "bible" out there. My car (TC5R just has the manual for building it). I have had some people say you must have the whole super expensive set-up board, plus all the bells and whistles, but I just want something to get started with using calipers, ride height guage, etc and any basic tools. Is there something out there explaining this in simplistic terms? Just thought I would check before spending hours scouring the internet. Thanks in advance.
storytyme is offline  
Old 11-28-2009, 05:57 PM
  #2  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NY/FL
Posts: 3,378
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Here ya go. www.xxxmain.com. Under products...the setup manual. You can also check out the setup guide from Team Xray. Never read it but supposed to be pretty good. Good luck and welcome.
Evoracer is offline  
Old 11-28-2009, 05:58 PM
  #3  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
MaxSp97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Camarino
Posts: 461
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by storytyme View Post
I am in the process of building my first touring car and wanted to know if there is a basic set-up "bible" out there. My car (TC5R just has the manual for building it). I have had some people say you must have the whole super expensive set-up board, plus all the bells and whistles, but I just want something to get started with using calipers, ride height guage, etc and any basic tools. Is there something out there explaining this in simplistic terms? Just thought I would check before spending hours scouring the internet. Thanks in advance.
Here is you bible..
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=6143
MaxSp97 is offline  
Old 11-28-2009, 06:28 PM
  #4  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (103)
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,434
Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MaxSp97 View Post
Amen
20 SMOKE is offline  
Old 11-28-2009, 06:43 PM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (80)
 
lowcel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 1,315
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MaxSp97 View Post
I wish that bible would have come with my T3. Mine came with a T2 setup book.
lowcel is offline  
Old 11-28-2009, 06:47 PM
  #6  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (103)
 
LOW ET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: cleveland, ohio
Posts: 3,131
Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lowcel View Post
I wish that bible would have come with my T3. Mine came with a T2 setup book.
isn't it the same with a new cover on it?
LOW ET is offline  
Old 11-28-2009, 06:48 PM
  #7  
Tech Master
iTrader: (80)
 
lowcel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 1,315
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
isn't it the same with a new cover on it?
Probably, haven't looked that close yet.
lowcel is offline  
Old 11-29-2009, 02:06 PM
  #8  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 133
Default

Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
isn't it the same with a new cover on it?
Identical.... The pages even say T2 at the bottom
gimpex is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.