Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Gear ratio chart? >

Gear ratio chart?

Gear ratio chart?

Old 11-24-2009, 04:19 PM
  #1  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (83)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 1,460
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default Gear ratio chart?

Does someone have a link to figure out FDR with motor, pinion, spur? I am trying to learn to figure this all out to set up my TB03 but am completely stumped on what pinion/spur combo to use with my motors. Thanks.
bigbeej is offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 05:09 PM
  #2  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
ChristopherKee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 1,005
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bigbeej View Post
Does someone have a link to figure out FDR with motor, pinion, spur? I am trying to learn to figure this all out to set up my TB03 but am completely stumped on what pinion/spur combo to use with my motors. Thanks.
www.gearchart.com
ChristopherKee is offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 08:50 PM
  #3  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (83)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 1,460
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Still so confused. I need to figure out what spur and pinion to use with an 8.5T motor on a TB03 and can't find out for the life of me.
bigbeej is offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 09:16 PM
  #4  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
ChristopherKee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 1,005
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bigbeej View Post
Still so confused. I need to figure out what spur and pinion to use with an 8.5T motor on a TB03 and can't find out for the life of me.
I typed out a pretty long response then figured I would just make it easy on you.

Step 1. Look in the DIRECTIONS for your LRP 8.5T motor. Look for suggested starting FDR (It's in the section under gearing)

Step 2. Turn to page 17 of your manual for the TB03 and look at the gear chart. Find the FDR that was suggested in Step 1.

Step 3. Put that spur and pinion in your car.

Step 4. Drive


In the future, use the formula on Page 17 of your manual OR use gearchart.com to calculate FDR. Link to your manual.

The formula is (Spur Gear Teeth / Pinion Gear Teeth * 2.438 (IDR)):
ChristopherKee is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 04:53 AM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (80)
 
lowcel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 1,315
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Here is my favorite one. It is a download for excel. It lists most cars and their internal ratio. Just enter your pinion and spur.

http://www.apexspeed.com/usvintagetr...calculator.zip
lowcel is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 07:59 AM
  #6  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (83)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 1,460
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ChristopherKee View Post
I typed out a pretty long response then figured I would just make it easy on you.

Step 1. Look in the DIRECTIONS for your LRP 8.5T motor. Look for suggested starting FDR (It's in the section under gearing)

Step 2. Turn to page 17 of your manual for the TB03 and look at the gear chart. Find the FDR that was suggested in Step 1.

Step 3. Put that spur and pinion in your car.

Step 4. Drive


In the future, use the formula on Page 17 of your manual OR use gearchart.com to calculate FDR. Link to your manual.

The formula is (Spur Gear Teeth / Pinion Gear Teeth * 2.438 (IDR)):
A big thank you...
bigbeej is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.