R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-23-2009, 07:28 AM   #1
Tech Fanatic
 
tpczx6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 846
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default where to find the small Plastic corner markers?

Does anyone Know who makes them or where to find them? Our indoor carpet track needs some

Thanks
__________________
RcAmerica--Xray---Hudy----KO PROPO USA---ORCA---GRAVITY RC
Motiv------Apexrc----- AVID
SWEEP Racing USA
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:09 AM   #2
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 626
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kriiiss
Default

are they track dots?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Neon-Orange-12
kriiiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:22 AM   #3
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FLA
Posts: 415
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpczx6 View Post
Does anyone Know who makes them or where to find them? Our indoor carpet track needs some

Thanks

you're probably talking about what's called "plow discs," they're used on tow-behind tractor plows. plastic ones don't/won't stay down, I don't think, you need metal ones.

check your local farm/ranch supply store
justanotherdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:50 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic
 
tpczx6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 846
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriiiss View Post
Close but the 4 we have are about 10" round
But Thanks
__________________
RcAmerica--Xray---Hudy----KO PROPO USA---ORCA---GRAVITY RC
Motiv------Apexrc----- AVID
SWEEP Racing USA
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:51 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic
 
tpczx6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 846
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherdude View Post
you're probably talking about what's called "plow discs," they're used on tow-behind tractor plows. plastic ones don't/won't stay down, I don't think, you need metal ones.

check your local farm/ranch supply store
we have about 40 plow discs but they are to big for the indoor carpet track all are 24" round
Thanks
__________________
RcAmerica--Xray---Hudy----KO PROPO USA---ORCA---GRAVITY RC
Motiv------Apexrc----- AVID
SWEEP Racing USA
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:58 PM   #6
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,301
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Check with your agricultural supply store, they range from 8"-26".

Here's a link to some 14" ones:

http://www.eezs.com/product.php?Cate...Category_Id=60

And some 13"

http://mower-blades.agrisupply.com/s...id&isort=price
__________________
Chris Lockhart

**TEAM RCAMERICA**XRAY**HUDY**PROLEVEL RC**
chensleyrc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:14 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic
 
tpczx6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 846
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chensleyrc1 View Post
Check with your agricultural supply store, they range from 8"-26".

Here's a link to some 14" ones:

http://www.eezs.com/product.php?Cate...Category_Id=60

And some 13"

http://mower-blades.agrisupply.com/s...id&isort=price
Thanks
But we are looking for the Plastic ones the metal ones would be fine but $10.00 a disc we looking at $300.00 for them.
we have 4 Plastic ones and someone told us Tamiya used to have them but no luck finding them on their site.
__________________
RcAmerica--Xray---Hudy----KO PROPO USA---ORCA---GRAVITY RC
Motiv------Apexrc----- AVID
SWEEP Racing USA
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #8
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,587
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

integy

http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...146&p_catid=16

$1.35 each
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:33 PM   #9
Tech Master
 
linger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Retired
Posts: 1,132
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Tim, tamiya ones are part number 53190. It's discontinued on Tamiya USA. You should check RC champ in japan. Give them an E-mail at
[email protected]
__________________
I used to be a spitter, now I'm a swallower. I graduated.
linger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:00 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic
 
tpczx6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 846
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
going to order a few to try
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by linger View Post
Tim, tamiya ones are part number 53190. It's discontinued on Tamiya USA. You should check RC champ in japan. Give them an E-mail at
[email protected]
Ling
Thanks sent email will see if they have some old stock
__________________
RcAmerica--Xray---Hudy----KO PROPO USA---ORCA---GRAVITY RC
Motiv------Apexrc----- AVID
SWEEP Racing USA
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:23 PM   #11
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,301
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpczx6 View Post
Thanks
But we are looking for the Plastic ones the metal ones would be fine but $10.00 a disc we looking at $300.00 for them.
we have 4 Plastic ones and someone told us Tamiya used to have them but no luck finding them on their site.
When I started my track I tried the plastic "roaddomes" they were white with red stickers. We ended up having a lot of duct tape on them to hold them down. After that I went to CO-OP and purchased used 14" plow disks for $1 a piece. I never had one move after that. Unfortunately the CO-OP is no longer carrying used farm equipment, but you might still be able to find them.

I would like to know if the Integy ones work well though, they look like they should be better than the plastic ones I had.
__________________
Chris Lockhart

**TEAM RCAMERICA**XRAY**HUDY**PROLEVEL RC**
chensleyrc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:11 PM   #12
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FLA
Posts: 415
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chensleyrc1 View Post
When I started my track I tried the plastic "roaddomes" they were white with red stickers. We ended up having a lot of duct tape on them to hold them down. After that I went to CO-OP and purchased used 14" plow disks for $1 a piece. I never had one move after that. Unfortunately the CO-OP is no longer carrying used farm equipment, but you might still be able to find them.

I would like to know if the Integy ones work well though, they look like they should be better than the plastic ones I had.
yeah, the plastic ones I've seen move or require a lot of duct tape to keep in place. Just a mess, would like to hear if anyone's experience is different.
no need in buying new/sharpe ones, our club just bought some metal plow discs from a local farmer for $1 each, I guess they replace them each year or something since they get dull. the metal ones sure don't move, and it keeps people from cutting corners ca-ching
justanotherdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:44 PM   #13
Tech Fanatic
 
tpczx6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 846
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chensleyrc1 View Post
When I started my track I tried the plastic "roaddomes" they were white with red stickers. We ended up having a lot of duct tape on them to hold them down. After that I went to CO-OP and purchased used 14" plow disks for $1 a piece. I never had one move after that. Unfortunately the CO-OP is no longer carrying used farm equipment, but you might still be able to find them.

I would like to know if the Integy ones work well though, they look like they should be better than the plastic ones I had.
Our 4 plastis ones work fine, we put velco on the bottom and they don't move at all. Most Farmers now take their old used Disks to the scrap heap as they can can get more for them there.
the roaddomes might work need to look into them... Thanks
__________________
RcAmerica--Xray---Hudy----KO PROPO USA---ORCA---GRAVITY RC
Motiv------Apexrc----- AVID
SWEEP Racing USA
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:28 PM   #14
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,587
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

The integy discs are really similar to the Tamiya ones. They will need some velcro or duct tape to keep them in place. Road domes launch cars, they have too steep of a shape. The integy dots slow the car but don't get them airborne.
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:54 AM   #15
Tech Fanatic
 
tpczx6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 846
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
The integy discs are really similar to the Tamiya ones. They will need some velcro or duct tape to keep them in place. Road domes launch cars, they have too steep of a shape. The integy dots slow the car but don't get them airborne.
Thanks
We are going to order 5 to see how they are, in the picture they look like a round flat dot where the Tamiya ones come up about 1/2 inch.
__________________
RcAmerica--Xray---Hudy----KO PROPO USA---ORCA---GRAVITY RC
Motiv------Apexrc----- AVID
SWEEP Racing USA
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:04 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net