Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
servo/spektrum help/ideas needed >

servo/spektrum help/ideas needed

servo/spektrum help/ideas needed

Old 11-13-2009, 07:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default servo/spektrum help/ideas needed

I have a Futaba S3001 servo in my TC4. I thought my HiTech625 super torque servo may be better so I tried to switch them out. The HiTech625MG seemed really slow and I could not get the servo to work properly. I then put the Futaba back in and I still can't get it to fully turn to the left. My steering EPA is at 125 (max) and I have centered the servo horn in neutral, but I still can't figure this out. My radio is Spektrum DX2.0. Also I have a HiTech 645MG "Ultra Toruque" would this work better than the Futaba. Everything worked fine before I tried to improve things. Thanks. I need some help as this is one area where I am lost.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You may want to post this in the Radio's and Electronics section. Otherwise there is a long road of research to be done out there. www.servodatabase.com

You could spend days comparing specs, but a $100 servo from a well-known brand will eventually get you the servo you want.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:14 AM
Tech Elite

Keep the Hitecs away from the car. They are junk. The Futaba is much better.

Reset your transmitter model memory, and recheck the linkages. Check the manual for the suggested angle for the servo horn, if it is anything like the TC3 then it needs to be offset to the side at neutral.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Servo

A digital servo will make a big difference in the way your car drives. It took me years before I realized that I needed to run digitals on my steering. You can find some futaba digitals for around 30 bucks. 3152 works good.